HOLY COW!!!! Woman's Skin Falls Off, Miraculously Survives!!!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

dman

Diamond Member
Nov 2, 1999
I haven't watched the video, but, I'm imagining one of the itchy & scratchy routines... is it anything like that? Where the cats skin peels off to revel a muscle layer... or is it much much worse?

Bassyhead

Diamond Member
Nov 19, 2001
Originally posted by: dman
I haven't watched the video, but, I'm imagining one of the itchy & scratchy routines... is it anything like that? Where the cats skin peels off to revel a muscle layer... or is it much much worse?

Not that bad but nevertheless weird. I havent seen or heard of anything like this before.

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
Simply amazing.

And folks, this reaction is EXTREMELY rare. You're far more likely to die of the infection being treated by Bactrim than having this reaction.

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
Originally posted by: Bassyhead
Originally posted by: dman

Not that bad but nevertheless weird. I havent seen or heard of anything like this before.

While the video is not that bad, her condition WAS that bad. The video is taken weeks later after her skin had grown back. It looks like pink baby skin now.

That's one hell of a way to get rid of tattoos and acne/injury scars. I bet every one of her scars is completely gone now.

kenshorin

Golden Member
Apr 14, 2001
Wow, that is nothing short of amazing... that woman is extremely lucky... cheers to her for surviving that ordeal. :beer:

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
All 7 layers ?

THe vid showed her with "wet" skin so it wasn't that bad at all now... but what happened initially ? It went all the way down to the muscles and tendons ?

Rob9874

Diamond Member
Nov 7, 1999
I would have prayed for death. I had no idea your skin could grow back like that. Maybe it didn't peel off to the muscle, but just like a bad sunburn times 100?

rahvin

Elite Member
Oct 10, 1999
According to another article she lost all but the formitive layer of skin (it would look like muscle). So the skin still existed as an organ (unlike burn damage) but provided none of it's protection. They used fake skin (made from foreskins) to cover her body and keep her alive.

Electrode

Diamond Member
May 4, 2001
By the way, if anyone wants a direct link:

mms://a622.v7883f.c7883.g.vm.akamaistream.net/7/622/7883/v0001/vod.ibsys.com/2004/0109/2752084.300k.wmv

Dedpuhl

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999
Originally posted by: Pliablemoose
Originally posted by: guyver01
:Q

Holey Crap!! My doctor prescribed me the same medicine... it's going in the garbage now!!

You're a lot more likely to be struck by lightning & bitten by a great white @ the same time:D

Not to get too off topic, but that would be cool (to witness....not to experience) :)

It's amazing what doctors can do these days to save lives.

0roo0roo

No Lifer
Sep 21, 2002
hm, finally reinstalled mediaplayer classic hacked to run stupid realmedia. she doesn't look bad at all. i've seen horrible burn victims that have no chance of recovery, just a giant pile of scar tissue everywhere. guess she only lost the outer layers.

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
Originally posted by: 0roo0roo
hm, finally reinstalled mediaplayer classic hacked to run stupid realmedia. she doesn't look bad at all. i've seen horrible burn victims that have no chance of recovery, just a giant pile of scar tissue everywhere. guess she only lost the outer layers.

You are seeing her AFTER her skin has regenerated itself. Her skin can do this because it was NOT burned.

She did loose all layers of skin. It's explained by the drs that this happened, but unlike a burn, there is no scaring and the skin regrows in weeks without grafts.