HOLY COW!!!! Woman's Skin Falls Off, Miraculously Survives!!!

ScoobMaster

Platinum Member
Jan 17, 2001
This is just creepy!

Full Story Here

From the story article:

" Three weeks ago, the skin on Yeargain's body began sloughing off.

Dr. Daniel Lozano, from the UCSD Regional Burn Center, said, "She lost skin in her entire body. It's rather dramatic to really see this coming off in sheets."

Even the membrane covering her internal organs -- her eyes, mouth, and throat -- began peeling away.

"Once the skin starts to slough, there's no stopping it," Lozano said. "

AIEEEE!!!!!!

Arkitech

Diamond Member
Apr 13, 2000
ughhh can you imagine actually losing your skin!! there's a story to tell the grandkids

Orsorum

Lifer
Dec 26, 2001
Does someone have a link to that one man's account of his encounter with a flesh-eating virus?

Cheers!
Nate

79Blazer

Golden Member
Nov 12, 2003
Gross. That reminds me of one of the Hellraiser movies. That chick, something happened and she has no skin, and they make with the monkey love while she was skinless. God, that was a disturbing scene.

Pers

Golden Member
Jan 12, 2001
i just came back from ucsd. i hate that fvcking school cause it kills me.

dpm

Golden Member
Apr 24, 2002
HOLY CRAP! That's some story. Must have been scary as all hell for the woman :Q

guyver01

Lifer
Sep 25, 2000
:Q

Holey Crap!! My doctor prescribed me the same medicine... it's going in the garbage now!!

Pliablemoose

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
Originally posted by: guyver01

Holey Crap!! My doctor prescribed me the same medicine... it's going in the garbage now!!

You're a lot more likely to be struck by lightning & bitten by a great white @ the same time:D

guyver01

Lifer
Sep 25, 2000
Originally posted by: Pliablemoose
Originally posted by: guyver01

You're a lot more likely to be struck by lightning & bitten by a great white @ the same time:D

thanks.. now i'm not leaving the house when it rains, or go swimming. :|

AMCRambler

Diamond Member
Jan 23, 2001
That poor woman, my god! Those guys down at UCSD are pretty damn good in my opinon.

dman

Diamond Member
Nov 2, 1999
I thought if you lose skin (at least in that magnitude) it doesn't grow back, I guess because she wasn't a burn victim it didn't damage the bodies ability to grow it back? I really don't understand.

Goosemaster

Lifer
Apr 10, 2001
Originally posted by: dman
I thought if you lose skin (at least in that magnitude) it doesn't grow back, I guess because she wasn't a burn victim it didn't damage the bodies ability to grow it back? I really don't understand.

I think she was losing only skin however. burn victims usually have nevre damage.