Holy Cow has the value of these bundles Dropped

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Xarick

Golden Member
May 17, 2006
The worst place for grief and irritating players is COD on a xbox, and it costs a lot as COD is very expensive an you need xbox live gold. Speaking for WOT there is hardly any bad behaviour. The biggest problem can be the standard of play, but really you can't blame kids as there are a surprisingly large number of brain dead players who own top tier tanks (takes a lot of time and probably money to get them). They are almost certainly all adults, but they just aren't very good at the game (even after 10,000 battles).

I actually couldn't believe how nice wot was. I mean.. I ran out and got my ass blasted and nobody yelled or cussed me out.

For those of you who don't know.. WOT is simply, you pick a tank, customize it, join a battle.. and you and your team mates try to wipe out the other teams tanks. It seems like it shouldn't be as fun as it is because the pace is fairly slow.

blackened23

Diamond Member
Jul 26, 2011
Right now on Steam:
Tomb Raider for 24,90€ (germany): http://store.steampowered.com/app/203160/

2 months after the release.

And 19,99€ in key shops like G2Play.net:
http://www.g2play.net/store/Tomb-Raider-Steam-Key.html

Perfect. Another correlation is causation argument with regards to TRs price. you do this on a regular basis.

This isn't a debate really worth having - game preferences are entirely subjective. In my subjective opinion, I much prefer single player experiences of grand proportions such as Tomb Raider or Crysis 3 over playing planetside 2. Personal preference. If you prefer F2P games, good on you.

The obvious implications of what you're doing aren't uncharted territory, defending the F2P bundle at all costs. You can't have anyone stating that AMDs bundle was better although if you did a poll on this forum, I can guarantee you that nearly everyone would state AMDs bundle being far better than the nvidia F2P cash. But you can't have that, right?. You must argue that the F2P cash was better. It is interesting that the bundle went away in favor an AAA single player title so quickly though, yeah? Are you going to say that Metro Last Light is a terrible game because Planetside will have more players at 8am? Oddly enough while planetside 2 is a free MP game. You can't do an apples to apples comparison there. Let's take a hypothetical situation. Let's wait 2 months post Metro Last Light release and compare stats - I personally guarantee you 100% that Planetside 2 will have more players on steam at 8am than Metro Last Light does. Guarantee it. Free multiplayer game, it shouldn't be surprising and certainly shouldn't warrant a completely stupid correlation = causation argument from you.

Anyway, enough. This is a debate that is completely worthless and NOT WORTH having. My original post was merely to describe my personal subjective preference, and here you are trying to make weak correlation = causation arguments to fight it. Who cares? Game preferences are subjective. I prefer one thing, you prefer another. Not worth arguing. If you prefer F2P games, good on you. Too bad you can't buy an nvidia card with the F2P cash anymore huh? It sure went away awfully fast.

Last edited:

sontin

Diamond Member
Sep 12, 2011
I never said anything about the quality of Tomb Raider.

But i guess certain people need to defend certain companies and their partnerships with game developers.

blackened23

Diamond Member
Jul 26, 2011
Okay if you say so. You've certainly made posts in the past describing tomb raider as a massive failure (despite it selling millions), and then trying to link steam stats to P2 being more successful than Tomb Raider (weak correlation = causation argument)......but let's not go there. Like I said, not really a debate worth having - Game preferences are subjective, some prefer MP and others prefer SP. I certainly don't take issue if you prefer multiplayer F2P games. Good on you. You prefer WOT, I like crysis 3 and tomb raider. It's cool. Gaming is a beautiful thing, there are a wide variety of gaming tastes and something for everyone.

Last edited:

BallaTheFeared

Diamond Member
Nov 15, 2010
Well personally I can't wait for a new bundle when I go to card #3 and #4.

I don't think I'll ever move my last Crysis 3 key, and I have no desire to play it.

sontin

Diamond Member
Sep 12, 2011
Okay if you say so. You've certainly made posts in the past describing tomb raider as a massive failure (despite it selling millions), and then trying to link steam stats to P2 being more successful than Tomb Raider (weak correlation = causation argument)......but let's not go there. Like I said, not really a debate worth having - Game preferences are subjective, some prefer MP and others prefer SP. I certainly don't take issue if you prefer multiplayer F2P games. Good on you. You prefer WOT, I like crysis 3 and tomb raider. It's cool. Gaming is a beautiful thing, there are a wide variety of gaming tastes and something for everyone.

I guess you have a problem that people play F2P games and maybe buying these F2P keys from nVidia...

BTW: Right now more people playing Planetside 2 than Tomb Raider and Bioshock Infinity combined:
7000 to 6900

blackened23

Diamond Member
Jul 26, 2011
I guess you have a problem that people play F2P games and maybe buying these F2P keys from nVidia...

BTW: Right now more people playing Planetside 2 than Tomb Raider and Bioshock Infinity combined:
7000 to 6900

You're still at it. Still trying to argue correlation is causation. Good stuff, lol.

As I said, gaming preferences are subjective. I think nvidia made the right move by switching to Metro : last light instead of the lame (my opinion) F2P cash - i'm actually very much looking forward to Metro Last Light.

So will you compare playing stats of Metro Last Light in comparison to Planetside 2, two months post release? Of course not. :) I have a strong suspicion that you won't. It's cool though. As I said this is all subjective and you're trying to argue until you're blue in the face about a subjective statement I made earlier. If you prefer F2P good on you. I'm not really interested in debating this further since gaming tastes are 100% subjective. If you prefer F2P multiplayer and I prefer single player, whose opinion is correct? Both of us and neither of us. Again - completely subjective and not worth debating.

Last edited:

SirPauly

Diamond Member
Apr 28, 2009
Personally prefer AMD bundles and very, very welcomed but appreciated the concept of the free-to-play bundle and thought it was interesting thinking considering the growth and popularity of the free-to-play model for PC Gaming.

badb0y

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2010

7000 to 6900

Interesting, tell me more how a F2P game has more players then games you have to play for. I look forward to your riveting analysis and conclusion.

Sohaltang

Apr 13, 2013
I been trying to sell crysis3 and Bioshock for 2 weeks. Not even a nibble at 30$ combined. If you have to return a card many places value the coupon at 120$. Lol

Xarick

Golden Member
May 17, 2006
Okay.. so.. this has turned into a stupid argument.
Let me clear up a few things.
Free games are better than ftp credits for most.
However,
Value wise AMD bundles have plummetted more than Nvidia
FTP games are bigger overseas than here.
the games Nvidia offered are actually fun (many ftp blow).
Stop fighting like children.

wbynum

Jul 14, 2005
I been trying to sell crysis3 and Bioshock for 2 weeks. Not even a nibble at 30$ combined. If you have to return a card many places value the coupon at 120$. Lol

Same here. Sold my first 3 at the beginning of Apr pretty easy. Now I've got 3 more that I am having a hard time selling.

badb0y

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2010
Okay.. so.. this has turned into a stupid argument.
Let me clear up a few things.
Free games are better than ftp credits for most.
However,
Value wise AMD bundles have plummetted more than Nvidia
FTP games are bigger overseas than here.
the games Nvidia offered are actually fun (many ftp blow).
Stop fighting like children.

There's a couple of possible reasons for that.

The games have been out for a while now and etailers are starting to offer discounts on them. Like most other PC games overtime the price drops quickly so if you want to sell your bundles you have to offer a bargain to these people. Those who want to play these games already bought them and all the people who are left are those that look for good deals before jumping in and buying a game.

AMD has been literally throwing these bundles at people who buy their cards including people are bitcoin mining and a lot of those people are selling their bundle codes causing the market to get saturated and price to drop.

F2P in-game currencies are relatively unaffected by these market forces because you can only get them from the game or from the bundle the nVidia offers so there's no chance of the market for in game currencies getting saturated to that extent. F2P games have a lot more people playing them so there is a larger group of people who may be interested in the in-game currency codes from nVidia.

blackened23

Diamond Member
Jul 26, 2011
I bought a set of codes from another forum (in their FST section) many weeks ago - and received duplicate game codes from AMD for the same games. Another case of idiocy and mis-management by AMD, that shouldn't be surprising.

Dankk

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2008
I bought a set of codes from another forum (in their FST section) many weeks ago - and received duplicate game codes from AMD for the same games. Another case of idiocy and mis-management by AMD, that shouldn't be surprising.

Pretty sure that's normal. The email they send you has the same codes from the other games in the bundle, plus Blood Dragon.