Holy Cow has the value of these bundles Dropped

Xarick

Golden Member
May 17, 2006
buy it nows for $25 not selling on ebay.
People paying less than $25 for both crysis and bioshock now.
tomb raider bioshock still commands a premium at $30.

But wow. The value of these has plummeted.
Oddly enough Nvidia bundles still shooting over $30and most over $40

Sohaltang

Apr 13, 2013
Market is flooded. BC folk have a lot to do with it. I have the bundle from my 7970. Might just keep it for the price. Played both games on ps3 and they pretty much suck. Crysis 3 is basically the same game with more graphics.

toyota

Lifer
Apr 15, 2001
Tomb Raider has already been on sale for 20 bucks. nearly all games drop in price quickly nowadays and you can pretty much count on at least 50% off most games after a month. if value means anything then you are fool to pre order or buy a game at a launch. by the time the games get patched they will already have been on sale for half priced or less so why pay full price and have more issues? 10 bucks is now my limit on most games because my backlog is huge. funny enough I picked up Hitman for 10 bucks and then a week later it was on sale for 7.50. with most pc games it just makes sense to wait until they hit the bargain bin since we are stuck with them once we have have them.

PrincessFrosty

Platinum Member
Feb 13, 2008
www.frostyhacks.blogspot.com
Between people who are not interested in the bundle games, those who have already bought those games, and those who prefer to offset the large cost of a new video card, there's a lot of bundles on sale, large numbers equals lower price, basic supply/demand.

ICDP

Nov 15, 2012
This price drop is normal and is nothing to do with people selling their Never Settle bundles. In fact the people selling their never settle codes will have to adjust their prices to undercut the etailers.

Brand new from etailer PC copies of Bioshock and Crysis 3 can be purchased for £16-£20 and could be for a while now.

willomz

Sep 12, 2012
Surely the never settle bundle must have a huge effect on retail prices?

It's just simple supply and demand.

And yeah, I picked up Hitman for $7.50 from steam, good deal :)

ICDP

Nov 15, 2012
Surely the never settle bundle must have a huge effect on retail prices?

It's just simple supply and demand.

And yeah, I picked up Hitman for $7.50 from steam, good deal :)

PC game sales far outnumber the number of GPUs sold, so the unwanted never settle bundles would hardly saturate the market. Some people actually fall for the hype and assume they can sell their bundles for close to the normal retail prices. Tomb Raider never settle codes on eBay were actually more expensive than purchasing from an etailer when I bought it. People still assume they can get full release price for their never settle codes even after the game has been on sale with etailers for weeks.

Last edited:

Eureka

Diamond Member
Sep 6, 2005
Never Settle does lose value on ebay even without retail price drops just because of competition to get rid of codes. The big drops happen when retailers drop prices, though. The f2p codes don't drop as fast because they're consumables and there's no other good source besides the games themselves.

Grooveriding

Diamond Member
Dec 25, 2008
Good luck trying to unload the nvidia F2P bundle codes. No one wants that worthless garbage apart from the World of Tanks codes.

blackened23

Diamond Member
Jul 26, 2011
Good luck trying to unload the nvidia F2P bundle codes. No one wants that worthless garbage apart from the World of Tanks codes.

The 2 people who play hawken would beg to differ ;)

In all seriousness, I agree. The F2P cash bundle was a complete joke, period. Anyone willing to buy that for a higher value than crysis 3/tomb raider/FC3:BD is need of a serious head examination; I'd much rather have Metro: Last Light or AMD's gaming reloaded. They're just better, higher quality games.

Grooveriding

Diamond Member
Dec 25, 2008

In all seriousness, I agree. The F2P cash bundle was a complete joke, period. Anyone willing to buy that for a higher value than crysis 3/tomb raider/FC3:BD is need of a serious head examination; I'd much rather have Metro: Last Light or AMD's gaming reloaded. They're just better, higher quality games.

Bought a MLL code a few days ago for $20. That is a game worth buying.

TheUnk

Golden Member
Jun 24, 2005
Man I was excited about getting Blood Dragon for free until I saw this uplay garbage website they tried forcing upon me. Maybe the client isn't so bad but the website alone was enough for me to say hell no

sontin

Diamond Member
Sep 12, 2011

Why? More people playing Planetside 2 than Tomb Raider on Steam right now.

Maximilian

Lifer
Feb 8, 2004
Why? More people playing Planetside 2 than Tomb Raider on Steam right now.

So? The games free what do you expect?

Its the cash that people dont give a monkeys about. I haven't spent a penny on PS2 and its been pretty fun overall, no need for F2P cash.

Rvenger

Elite Member <br> Super Moderator <br> Video Cards
Apr 6, 2004
I used my Hawken F2P codes, beefed my bots up and now I can kick some arse. I even sold my Titan for a profit on top of the free codes.

sontin

Diamond Member
Sep 12, 2011
So? The games free what do you expect?

Its the cash that people dont give a monkeys about. I haven't spent a penny on PS2 and its been pretty fun overall, no need for F2P cash.

People who still playing the game and thinking to invest real money could looking into the F2P packages from nVidia. So there is no difference to the free games from AMD.

The difference is that even now more people playing Planetside 2 than Tomb Raider which mean there is a much bigger market for selling the keys.

blackened23

Diamond Member
Jul 26, 2011
LOL, just LOL. I expected these responses and acually laughed when I saw it. Of course planetside 2 is better than tomb raider, of course hawken is 20 billion times better graphically than crysis 3. I had no idea that free multiplayer games had more players at 8am than single player games that can be played offline. Shocking folks.Now if you'll excuse me, I have a brick wall to argue with. I think i'll start with a ridiculous correlation equals causation argument , that's always productive.

Last edited:

Tweak155

Lifer
Sep 23, 2003

I sold my F2P codes for ~$70. Wouldn't say it was a complete joke.

Dribble

Platinum Member
Aug 9, 2005

But people do want them - you understand there are plenty of people who have spent several hundred pounds buying gold/whatever in those *junk* games (there's a reason wargaming is rolling in cash). You offer them at even slightly under the going rate and you have a sale. On top of that you can't *pirate* the FTP codes - no other way of getting the in game currency then spending real money so people do. Finally one person can use more then one code (e.g. some WOT premium tanks cost 12000 gold, which is 6 nvidia bundles) - so it takes less people to buy them all up.

Also WOT and planetside are probably some of the worlds most popular games (I only play WOT but I guess > 1/2 million all playing WOT at once of an evening, maybe 50 million players play regularly, just stupid numbers of people).

Last edited:

Xarick

Golden Member
May 17, 2006
Have you guys tried these games?
Since I have the codes (still unused) I downloaded ps2 and wot. Frankly they are pretty damn fun. I can understand why someone would spend money on them.
You get more out of them in the long run by spending money then you do other games.
I know I spent $30 on Tribes Ascend and don't regret it one bit.
F2P games work.

If you haven't tried WOT, download it and try it.. the game really is simple stupid fun.
PS2 is a little more involved and hard to learn. Haven't tried hawken.

blastingcap

Diamond Member
Sep 16, 2010
Have you guys tried these games?
Since I have the codes (still unused) I downloaded ps2 and wot. Frankly they are pretty damn fun. I can understand why someone would spend money on them.
You get more out of them in the long run by spending money then you do other games.
I know I spent $30 on Tribes Ascend and don't regret it one bit.
F2P games work.

If you haven't tried WOT, download it and try it.. the game really is simple stupid fun.
PS2 is a little more involved and hard to learn. Haven't tried hawken.

Some people just hate F2P. But for me, I would rather not play F2P not because of a kneejerk reaction, but because it erects a paywall that little kiddies can't scale as easily. When TF2 went F2P it accelerated its demise for me as a fun game. Too many casual players who suck and whine about it. As my time becomes more and more limited, I would rather pay something up front once than deal with the F2P economic model which too often involves grinding if you don't wanna pay and keep paying.

Eureka

Diamond Member
Sep 6, 2005
I thought this discussion was about selling the codes not about the games themselves. Just because you don't play the F2P games doesn't mean nobody else does.. and those people are ready to pay for the bundle codes. Never Settle tends to pack single player focused games, and while they're good games they don't make for great code resale. Never Settle Reloaded was going for less than $60 on ebay a few weeks after it debuted.

Dribble

Platinum Member
Aug 9, 2005
Some people just hate F2P. But for me, I would rather not play F2P not because of a kneejerk reaction, but because it erects a paywall that little kiddies can't scale as easily. When TF2 went F2P it accelerated its demise for me as a fun game. Too many casual players who suck and whine about it. As my time becomes more and more limited, I would rather pay something up front once than deal with the F2P economic model which too often involves grinding if you don't wanna pay and keep paying.

The worst place for grief and irritating players is COD on a xbox, and it costs a lot as COD is very expensive an you need xbox live gold. Speaking for WOT there is hardly any bad behaviour. The biggest problem can be the standard of play, but really you can't blame kids as there are a surprisingly large number of brain dead players who own top tier tanks (takes a lot of time and probably money to get them). They are almost certainly all adults, but they just aren't very good at the game (even after 10,000 battles).