Holy BatS#%t, Americans are disabling Lil Kim's nukes

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

palehorse

Lifer
Dec 21, 2005
Originally posted by: Narmer
Originally posted by: palehorse74
You guys are fucking up the mood. Stop bringing Bush into this. He failed six years ago.
...and he succeeded today.

Doesn't that just piss in your fvckin wheaties Narmer?!

I understand all too well why good news related to Bush gets your panties all in a wad. I'm honestly surprised your head hasn't exploded... but perhaps it just hasn't sunk in yet.

Bush's obsession with the twin incarnations of power and paradise are the very reasons why this nuclear deal has taken six years. Please forgive me if I do not hold him in such high regards. I know you're paid to.
I never suggested that you need to elevate the man to God-like status, but he and his administration certainly deserve a lot of credit for successful diplomatic relations with NK.

You're failure to even admit as much, in the face of common sense, makes you a brainless, gutless, shill. period.

jman19

Lifer
Nov 3, 2000
Originally posted by: ProfJohn
Originally posted by: Evan Lieb
You guys are fucking up the mood. Stop bringing Bush into this. He failed six years ago.

Right, and he succeeded today. How is this debatable, unless you're claiming the U.S. had nothing to do with the progress since Bush's mistakes in 01? In which case, you just haven't read the NK news carefully enough. U.S. has been in talks with NK for quite some time. Or is Rice going rogue on Bush too?
The post above explains why it is so cold out today?
One of the biggest lefties on the board giving Bush credit, hell must be a little chilly today.

BTW:
Lil Kim wanted one on one talks with just the US and Bush insisted on five (or six) party talks. So if we are going to give China credit for helping to make this deal then we must recognize Bush for his wisdom in bringing them into the process in the first place.

One of the biggest lefties? Apparently you translate "a distaste for faux-Conservatism" to mean "lefty"...

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Originally posted by: Wreckem
He still has 8-10 nuclear weapons.

He doesnt need the nuclear facility anymore. Hes got his bargining chips.

Now they just need to refine their delivery methods...

The trading partner Iran is a great delivery method AND cash cow.

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
Don't we go through this every 10 years? NK dismantles its nuke program for some handout, only to bring it back for another handout after a few years.

compuwiz1

Admin Emeritus Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Someone In NK has finally seen the light. The People no longer need isolation or sanctions. Someone with a brain finally figured that out. the days of commanding with an iron rule are over.

Jun 27, 2005

Right, and he succeeded today. How is this debatable, unless you're claiming the U.S. had nothing to do with the progress since Bush's mistakes in 01? In which case, you just haven't read the NK news carefully enough. U.S. has been in talks with NK for quite some time. Or is Rice going rogue on Bush too?
One of the biggest lefties on the board giving Bush credit, hell must be a little chilly today.

Y'know... I'll admit to never knowing where EL stands on any specific issue... But he's no leftie. That much I've figured out.

Rare kudos to the Bush administration. They finally did something right.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: Whoozyerdaddy

Y'know... I'll admit to never knowing where EL stands on any specific issue... But he's no leftie. That much I've figured out.

And I guess some credit has to go to Lil Kim for finally coming to his senses. What's next, Bush and Lil Kim co-winners for next years Nobel Peace Prize?

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
This isn't news, he agreed a while back for this.

News would be if he gave back his nukes, which he won't do. As I've said for months. Kimberly played the world like a bitch and won. He has blackmailed the world into giving him some of what he wants, all the while maintaining what they originally didn't want him to have, which is the ability to have nuclear weapons.

Please ignore the flying pigs and return to your seats... I know it's painful for you Narmer, but I guess you'll have to chalk one BIG foreign relations victory up for Bush&Co!

What are you talking about? On Bush's watch one of the countries on his Axis of evil is now in possession of nuclear weapons.

I don't blame Bush, just as you shouldn't praise him for anything. NK's gain of nukes was inevitable, just as in time Iran will have them, inevitably.

What are you talking about? On Bush's watch one of the countries on his Axis of evil is now in possession of nuclear weapons.

Don't we go through this every 10 years? NK dismantles its nuke program for some handout, only to bring it back for another handout after a few years.

Yeah, but this time they have nukes, so they had an overwhelming success.

Someone In NK has finally seen the light. The People no longer need isolation or sanctions. Someone with a brain finally figured that out. the days of commanding with an iron rule are over.

How so? This is fantastic success for Kimberly. He now gets his aid while maintaining his nukes, a clear win-win. The international community lost because he got his nukes and they're still giving him what he wants.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
So, uhh, now backing away from years of threats and raving, going back to where they started plus additional concessions to the NKoreans is some sort of victory for the Bushistas...

Only if coming to their senses is some sort of victory... which, in the case of the Bush Admin, really IS a victory.

What happened to the "axis of EEvil"? Kim starving his own people? "We don't negotiate with EEvil!" ?

What happened is that the other players in the six way talks made it clear they weren't going along with the Bushist Bullshit, that's what happened...

But it's a "Victory", right?

How lame...

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
So, uhh, now backing away from years of threats and raving, going back to where they started plus additional concessions to the NKoreans is some sort of victory for the Bushistas...

Yeah, additional concessions [plus nuclear weapons]. Like I said, Kimberly played the world like a bitch and won. He's writing a book in fact called "How to own much larger countries by being a crazy asshole and laughing while they act like little bitches and give me what I want."

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Please ignore the flying pigs and return to your seats... I know it's painful for you Narmer, but I guess you'll have to chalk one BIG foreign relations victory up for Bush&Co!

great news indeed!
What does Bush have to do with this? He had his chance six years ago but blew it.
So this just happened by itself?
Of course it did John!!! Bush is only responsible for the bad things that happen on his watch!

Anything that resembles success, such as Libya's change of heart, or this great news from NK, are flukes that can only be attributed to certain stars lining up with the Al Gore's forehead, Narmer's lips, and Ahmedinijad's nutsack. When these cosmic forces align, the mysterious Liberal Goddess of Reach-arounds rises in the West, and proceeds to accomplish great diplomatic triumphs for the good of all mankind! When she finishes with her missions, such as this one in the far east, she retreats to the underbelly of San Francisco where she awaits the next time she is needed and the proper signals are sent!

But don't be silly, you already knew that man! :roll:

:thumbsup::laugh:

ayabe

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2005

great news indeed!

Correct me if I'm wrong but weren't you among the throng on this board labeling anyone who wanted to speak to NK as a Chamberlain and a coward? A Clinton-esque appeaser just waiting for the wool to be pulled over our eyes.

Yeah, diplomacy, it does work, amazing.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Damn- the Bushfans are doing really great denial on this one. Victory!

Maybe the Admin will take the same course in Iraq- just declare Victory! and leave...

Probably not, because they haven't been cornered in the framework of "international cooperation" they insisted on wrt N Korea...

Maybe we'll be treated to some more of the Cheneyesque "I never said that!" wrt to Korea...

RightIsWrong

Diamond Member
Apr 29, 2005
Wait a second.....diplomacy actually works? Huh.

And here I thought that the only way to deal with "A madman intent on getting his hands on nuculer WMD cause he is part of the Axis of Evil" "®GWB2002" was to "turn the region they live in into glass" © Freepers.

Who'd of thunk it?

manowar821

Diamond Member
Mar 1, 2007
I told the stupid war-drum beating idiots here that N Korea just wanted some respect, and they got it. They're not all bad.

DarkThinker

Platinum Member
Mar 17, 2007
Originally posted by: Red Dawn
Originally posted by: Whoozyerdaddy

And I guess some credit has to go to Lil Kim for finally coming to his senses. What's next, Bush and Lil Kim co-winners for next years Nobel Peace Prize?

DING DING DING ... and we have a WINNA!

Seriously, hadn't Bush been knee deep in Iraq, he would have royally fscked it up in N. Korea. And if Bush is to get credit for finally making it work out, then I believe Lil Kim should get as much if not more, after all, the compromise is from his side mainly is much more than that on Bush's side, what did Bush have to lose? Bombing the crap out of N Korea? What about the 5 other nations?

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
Lil Kim should get as much if not more, after all, the compromise is from his side mainly

How did Kimberly compromise? He has the nukes he wanted, enough to scare the ever-loving crap out of anybody from attacking him, and now he's getting lots of aid, he comes out on this the big winner.

techs

Lifer
Sep 26, 2000
Leave it to the Bushies to lock the barn door.....
Instead of offering the N. Koreans the deal we just offered them now, 7 years ago, we could have stopped them from actually building more bombs.
btw anyone think they are not keeping a few bombs in secret?

Mxylplyx

Diamond Member
Mar 21, 2007

I understand all too well why good news related to Bush gets your panties all in a wad. I'm honestly surprised your head hasn't exploded... but perhaps it just hasn't sunk in yet.

Bush's obsession with the twin incarnations of power and paradise are the very reasons why this nuclear deal has taken six years. Please forgive me if I do not hold him in such high regards. I know you're paid to.

Dave, is that you?

manowar821

Diamond Member
Mar 1, 2007
Originally posted by: Mxylplyx

Dave, is that you?

You're kidding, right...?

jman19

Lifer
Nov 3, 2000
Looks like Lil' Kim worked us over - again. It's nice now to have them shut down this reactor, but if anyone here thinks Kim won't do this again in a few years is fooling themselves.

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
Originally posted by: jman19
Looks like Lil' Kim worked us over - again. It's nice now to have them shut down this reactor, but if anyone here thinks Kim won't do this again in a few years is fooling themselves.
Seriously. How people here can be so fugging deluded as to consider this a foreign relations "victory" is beyond quacky.

UberNeuman

Lifer
Nov 4, 1999
ah, if only Saddam had Nukes, we could have just payed him off, we did like Lil' Kim and avoided a messy war....

Sinsear

Diamond Member
Jan 13, 2007
Guess we'll need to start searching for a replacement in the Axis of Evil.