Holy BatS#%t, Americans are disabling Lil Kim's nukes

Narmer

Diamond Member
Aug 27, 2006
I was in Japan from December to January and I never expected this to happen. This action removes a dark cloud over that region, if it can be completed. I plan on living in Japan one day. This is good news.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/7079620.stm

N Korea starts disabling reactor

American nuclear experts in North Korea have begun work to disable the country's key nuclear facility, the US state department says.

Pyongyang agreed earlier this year to dismantle its nuclear weapons programme in return for diplomatic recognition and economic aid.

North Korea shut down its reactor at Yongbyon in July.

"This is a positive first step in the process," said Tom Casey, a state department spokesman.

Declaration

Mr Casey did not go into details about what specific steps the team of experts was conducting.

Working in two or three-week rotations over about two months, the US experts are expected to slowly disable the plant, which produces weapons-grade plutonium.

The agreement on disabling came after many rounds of six-party negotiations involving China, the US, Japan, Russia and the two Koreas.

North Korea has also agreed to give a complete declaration of its nuclear programmes by the end of the year.

The facilities at Yongbyon are believed to have produced the material for a test device detonated a year ago, proving the regime's nuclear capability.

US Assistant Secretary of State Christopher Hill has said Washington will work closely with North Korea on removing it from the US list of state sponsors of terrorism.

Narmer

Diamond Member
Aug 27, 2006
Originally posted by: PottedMeat
I guess he dosen't want to be ronery anymore.

Yeah, I remember lil Kim wanted to start an SEZ (special economic zone) back in 2001 but Bush poo-pooed his plans and had China arrest the developer. lil Kim regressed back to his bad old ways. But I guess he's either gotten tired of being an asshole or the group of six offered him something substantial. Whatever it was, I'm liking this development.

Alistar7

Lifer
May 13, 2002
Originally posted by: Narmer
Originally posted by: PottedMeat
I guess he dosen't want to be ronery anymore.

Yeah, I remember lil Kim wanted to start an SEZ (special economic zone) back in 2001 but Bush poo-pooed his plans and had China arrest the developer. lil Kim regressed back to his bad old ways. But I guess he's either gotten tired of being an asshole or the group of six offered him something substantial. Whatever it was, I'm liking this development.

As usual he needs economic and humanitarian aid, just continuing his legacy of doing the same in the past. This was the outcome I predicted years ago to the NK issue.

palehorse

Lifer
Dec 21, 2005
Please ignore the flying pigs and return to your seats... I know it's painful for you Narmer, but I guess you'll have to chalk one BIG foreign relations victory up for Bush&Co!

great news indeed!

Narmer

Diamond Member
Aug 27, 2006
Originally posted by: palehorse74
Please ignore the flying pigs and return to your seats... I know it's painful for you Narmer, but I guess you'll have to chalk one BIG foreign relations victory up for Bush&Co!

great news indeed!

What does Bush have to do with this? He had his chance six years ago but blew it.

Engineer

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999

great news indeed!

I'll give BushCo credit for that. Too bad the stupid bastard didn't have enough sense to do the same with Iraq in 2003.

Wreckem

Diamond Member
Sep 23, 2006
He still has 8-10 nuclear weapons.

He doesnt need the nuclear facility anymore. Hes got his bargining chips.

Now they just need to refine their delivery methods...

Narmer

Diamond Member
Aug 27, 2006
Originally posted by: Wreckem

I really hope they give NK economic help so that lil doesn't have to think about using something like that in the near future.

palehorse

Lifer
Dec 21, 2005

great news indeed!
What does Bush have to do with this? He had his chance six years ago but blew it.
The only time you willingly credit Bush is when a mistake is made, is that it?

Now it's official. You're a fvcking brainless hack Narmer, plain and simple. If this had gone down on Hillary's watch, you'd be singing her name to the heavens. Instead, you're denying the admin's role in the entire fvcking process.

what a fvckin chump...

US Assistant Secretary of State Christopher Hill has said Washington (Read: Bush and Rice) will work closely with North Korea on removing it from the US list of state sponsors of terrorism.

ProfJohn

Lifer
Jul 28, 2006

great news indeed!
So this just happened by itself?

Wreckem

Diamond Member
Sep 23, 2006

I really hope they give NK economic help so that lil doesn't have to think about using something like that in the near future.

They are never going to use them. Its merely a negotiation tool to get most of what they want.

Wreckem

Diamond Member
Sep 23, 2006

great news indeed!

Its widely know NK was working on nukes before the whole Axis of Evil comment

Narmer

Diamond Member
Aug 27, 2006

great news indeed!

Now it's official. You're a fvcking brainless hack Narmer, plain and simple. If this had gone down on Hillary's watch, you'd be singing her name to the heavens. Instead, you're denying the admin's role in the entire fvcking process.

what a fvckin chump...

US Assistant Secretary of State Christopher Hill has said Washington (Read: Bush and Rice) will work closely with North Korea on removing it from the US list of state sponsors of terrorism.

You can praise the President if you want, I will praise the leaders of the other five nations that worked tirelessly to bring this about. Bush and lil Kim were at each other's neck in this whole process. It was like two preteen bitches going at it. But, under the aegis of the Chinese and the watchful eyes of the other nations' enlightened diplomats, they were able to keep those two children from destroying that region. It's a brand new day in East Asia.

Narmer

Diamond Member
Aug 27, 2006

great news indeed!

Its widely know NK was working on nukes before the whole Axis of Evil comment

Well, lil Kim wanted to change his ways in 2001 and Bush poo-pooed it and threatened North Korea. That caused a regression in talks.

JD50

Lifer
Sep 4, 2005

great news indeed!

what a fvckin chump...

You can praise the President if you want, I will praise the leaders of the other five nations that worked tirelessly to bring this about. Bush and lil Kim were at each other's neck in this whole process. It was like two preteen bitches going at it. But, under the aegis of the Chinese and the watchful eyes of the other nations' enlightened diplomats, they were able to keep those two children from destroying that region. It's a brand new day in East Asia.

I'm sure that everyone else is just as shocked as I am to see you on the side of every other country other than the US.....:roll:

palehorse

Lifer
Dec 21, 2005
Originally posted by: ProfJohn

great news indeed!
So this just happened by itself?
Of course it did John!!! Bush is only responsible for the bad things that happen on his watch!

Anything that resembles success, such as Libya's change of heart, or this great news from NK, are flukes that can only be attributed to certain stars lining up with the Al Gore's forehead, Narmer's lips, and Ahmedinijad's nutsack. When these cosmic forces align, the mysterious Liberal Goddess of Reach-arounds rises in the West, and proceeds to accomplish great diplomatic triumphs for the good of all mankind! When she finishes with her missions, such as this one in the far east, she retreats to the underbelly of San Francisco where she awaits the next time she is needed and the proper signals are sent!

But don't be silly, you already knew that man! :roll:

Sep 12, 2004

great news indeed!

Bush has nothing to do with this unless something goes wrong. Then it will be all his fault.

Narmer

Diamond Member
Aug 27, 2006
You guys are fucking up the mood. Stop bringing Bush into this. He failed six years ago.

First

Lifer
Jun 3, 2002
You guys are fucking up the mood. Stop bringing Bush into this. He failed six years ago.

Right, and he succeeded today. How is this debatable, unless you're claiming the U.S. had nothing to do with the progress since Bush's mistakes in 01? In which case, you just haven't read the NK news carefully enough. U.S. has been in talks with NK for quite some time. Or is Rice going rogue on Bush too?

palehorse

Lifer
Dec 21, 2005
...and he succeeded today.

Doesn't that just piss in your fvckin wheaties Narmer?!

I understand all too well why good news related to Bush gets your panties all in a wad. I'm honestly surprised your head hasn't exploded... but perhaps it just hasn't sunk in yet.

ProfJohn

Lifer
Jul 28, 2006
Originally posted by: Evan Lieb

Right, and he succeeded today. How is this debatable, unless you're claiming the U.S. had nothing to do with the progress since Bush's mistakes in 01? In which case, you just haven't read the NK news carefully enough. U.S. has been in talks with NK for quite some time. Or is Rice going rogue on Bush too?
The post above explains why it is so cold out today?
One of the biggest lefties on the board giving Bush credit, hell must be a little chilly today.

BTW:
Lil Kim wanted one on one talks with just the US and Bush insisted on five (or six) party talks. So if we are going to give China credit for helping to make this deal then we must recognize Bush for his wisdom in bringing them into the process in the first place.

Narmer

Diamond Member
Aug 27, 2006
...and he succeeded today.

Doesn't that just piss in your fvckin wheaties Narmer?!

I understand all too well why good news related to Bush gets your panties all in a wad. I'm honestly surprised your head hasn't exploded... but perhaps it just hasn't sunk in yet.

Bush's obsession with the twin incarnations of power and paradise are the very reasons why this nuclear deal has taken six years. Please forgive me if I do not hold him in such high regards. I know you're paid to.

First

Lifer
Jun 3, 2002
Originally posted by: ProfJohn
Originally posted by: Evan Lieb

The post above explains why it is so cold out today?
One of the biggest lefties on the board giving Bush credit, hell must be a little chilly today.

BTW:
Lil Kim wanted one on one talks with just the US and Bush insisted on five (or six) party talks. So if we are going to give China credit for helping to make this deal then we must recognize Bush for his wisdom in bringing them into the process in the first place.

Criticizing fake conservatives (i.e. neocons) doesn't make me a leftie; just smart.