Hollywood Pokes God in the Eye Again

bshole

Diamond Member
Mar 12, 2013
Well the fundies are getting restless regarding the new Noah movie starring Russel Crowe.

I reluctantly went to see Russell Crowe's Noah, and justified paying Paramount (the producers of the blasphemous “The Wolf of Wall Street”) the cost of the ticket because a popular television program had invited me to share my thoughts.
:
:
:
From a biblical viewpoint Noah himself is about as far away from the Noah of the Bible as he could get. Perhaps the best way to describe him and what he does in the movie would be to liken it to Hollywood doing a movie about Napoleon, and portraying him as a tall Japanese-speaking crocodile hunter, who was into sky-diving and Russian roulette.

However, there's something more sinister about the production of this movie. It's more than just a grown man with a childish imagination playing with an expensive toy. It is the blatant mischaracterization of a man of God in an attempt to undermine the authority of the Word of God. If Hollywood's “Noah” is a financial success, I suspect that a sequel will be a blasphemous mischaracterization of Jesus and His work on the cross. As with “Noah,” this will be given a pass by many professing Church leaders who are mesmerized by the glitter of Hollywood. These are dark times indeed.

https://plus.google.com/+RayComfort7/posts/ErFq17rMuNU#+RayComfort7/posts/ErFq17rMuNU

glenn1

Lifer
Sep 6, 2000
And yet the author can't or won't even bother to define how exactly the movie version differs from his notion of Noah. Which to me just means they didn't fall over themselves to make it as in-your-face religious instead of a general audience movie. This Unitarian/Univeralist hopes the author gets over himself since God is a lot bigger than the cramped version that the convservative evangelical Christians think He is.

Newell Steamer

Diamond Member
Jan 27, 2014
If Hollywood's “Noah” is a financial success, I suspect that a sequel will be a blasphemous mischaracterization of Jesus and His work on the cross. As with “Noah,” this will be given a pass by many professing Church leaders who are mesmerized by the glitter of Hollywood. These are dark times indeed.

The next line up of religious movies:
- Tyler Perry's Mary Magdalene, with Mariah Carey as Mary Magdalene and Eugene Levy as Jesus Christ.

- Samson: Time Traveler At Large. Samson, played by Dwayne Johnson is teleported to modern times,... in New York City!! Play James Brown's I Feel Good, as the following scenes play Samson knocking down the columns at the Metropolitan Museum of Art's enterance, scene of Samson waving around a bike rack (instead of a donkey's jaw bone) and riding around in a limo filled with party girls.

- Adam and Steve. The devil (played by Steve Martin) has gone and mixed up God's creationist checklist - he swapped the positions of Eve and Homosexuals. What follows is a wacky adventure comedy where Adam (Mel Gibson) has to figure out how to go forth and procreate,... with Steve (Johnny Knoxville)!

Last edited:

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
- Tyler Perry's Mary Magdalene, with Mariah Carey as Mary Magdalene and Eugene Levy as Jesus Christ.

- Samson: Time Traveler At Large. Samson, played by Dwayne Johnson is teleported to modern times,... in New York City (queue James Brown's I Feel Good).

- Adam and Steve. The devil (played by Steve Martin) has gone and mixed up God's creationist checklist - he swapped the positions of Eve and Homosexuals. What follows is a wacky adventure comedy where Adam (Mel Gibson) has to figure out how to go forth and procreate,... with Steve (Johnny Knoxville)!

I would go watch all of these.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
A Fictionalized story about a Fictional story that is a Fictionalized account of another story that is possibly somewhat accurate, but is possibly Fictionalized itself.

I don't see the problem.

Zaap

Diamond Member
Jun 12, 2008
Who fucking cares what some Ray Comfort guy has to say about anything?

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
I think Hollywood could pull off an all bible mash-up. Noah sets sail, Moses parts the sea, oh crap, BBQ!

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
This is clearly the work of the Jews that secretly (well, not so much of a secret!) controlling Hollywood trying to destroy traditional Christian values in America! How dare they (an invisible society controlling Hollywood) poke an invisible man in the sky in the eye with a movie depicting a slightly different version than our American English translation of a language no longer spoken claims to be completely true, without faults.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
And yet the author can't or won't even bother to define how exactly the movie version differs from his notion of Noah. Which to me just means they didn't fall over themselves to make it as in-your-face religious instead of a general audience movie. This Unitarian/Univeralist hopes the author gets over himself since God is a lot bigger than the cramped version that the convservative evangelical Christians think He is.

Wow, your numbers must be in the 10's. Never met a conservative Unitarian/universalist. I thought it was church for atheists with kids.

MongGrel

Lifer
Dec 3, 2013

- Samson: Time Traveler At Large. Samson, played by Dwayne Johnson is teleported to modern times,... in New York City!! Play James Brown's I Feel Good, as the following scenes play Samson knocking down the columns at the Metropolitan Museum of Art's enterance, scene of Samson waving around a bike rack (instead of a donkey's jaw bone) and riding around in a limo filled with party girls.

Abraham: Raiders of Noah's Ark

Job: Zombie Killer

Sodom and Gomorrah VS Predator VS Alien.

I'd almost pay to see the last one he he.

SheHateMe

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2012
I'm glad they aren't making some super religious movie. It looks action packed and so I want to see it.

1prophet

Diamond Member
Aug 17, 2005
Haven't they be doing that for years though,

According to Hollywood Moses's wife was white and Jesus was some white blue eyed blond hair hippie.:p

This would have made a much better movie ending with the great flood

The Watchers from the book of Enoch

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otetsHSsfpA

Last edited:

Orignal Earl

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2005
When I was like 15, there were these movies that kept coming out, that people went mental about.
Like seriously we used to line up for days to watch a movie *In search of Noahs Ark*
Who else remembers those blockbusters
Like they used to have to practically shut down the town because of line up to watch a show about Noah
This was far bigger then anything nowadays

Kadarin

Lifer
Nov 23, 2001
If God is that upset about this, then let Him do something about it. These religious fucknuts should just stfu and let people enjoy the movie if they want to see it.

Meghan54

Lifer
Oct 18, 2009
You know, I've always wondered about something so simple about the Ark, yet rarely dicussed.....

Can someone please answer a simple question about the Ark and the "two by two" zoo that was put into the Ark? How long did the predator animals, like lions, cheetahs, leopards, tigers, jaguars, etc., wait for the prey herds to grow enough to sustain the predators? If the predators acted anything like they do today, they certainly decimated the prey pairs of animals within weeks, thereby leaving zero prey (simple extinction from predation) for the predators to consume, which in turn would naturally lead to the extinction of the predators.

Was it months? Years? And what did the predators eat until the prey herds were large enough to sustain the predators? Wheat? Barley? Rocks? Dirt? Or were the predators put in hibernation for a few years while the prey herds grew?

Just curious.