Hollywood Decoder card Probs:(!

Beater

Golden Member
Jan 9, 2001
Just installed a Hollywood DVD decoder
card and hooked the monitor up to the pass thru and when I turn the computer on I get both the green and yellow lights on the monitor on but no picture. Typical behaviour is that the yellow light comes on to show power and then the green light comes on when the monitor recieves a signal. Usually when the green comes on the yellow goes out but with this card hooked up I get both lights and no picture, any answers out there:(?????

Soccerman

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
try jiggling the cable around, make sure that it is connected properly to both connectors. I think some H+ cards had problems with defective connectors, though I don't know too much about cause I never did much research (I just heard about it) on it!

ConnyG

Jun 19, 2001
I would recommend you to either connect your Hollywood+ to your TV or only to your monitor when watching movies.
At least I get a horrible quality degradation when using the pass-through cable and I only run 1024x768@85 but I
could clearly notice the fuzziness of the image and it really bothered me.

But the again different person react differently, and maybe it also depends on the rest of your setup.