Holiday Gift Advice! $30-ish game suggestions?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

DaveSimmons

Elite Member
Aug 12, 2001
Originally posted by: rnp614
At this point I'm thinking D2 + some sort of RTS. Maybe I'll splurge and just go with W3/W3x + D2 + mouse. I want his first american xmas to be a fun little surprise. :)
D1 was simple but a lot of fun for solo play, and Half-Life is one of the few shooters that will play with intel GMA so I still think D1 + HL1 + SC is better.

You might buy WC3 only to find out he's one of the people that isn't a big fan of RTS. I prefer turn-based to RTS myself, like HOMM 1-3 and Jagged Alliance 2.

RollWave

Diamond Member
May 20, 2003
Originally posted by: DaveSimmons
Originally posted by: rnp614
At this point I'm thinking D2 + some sort of RTS. Maybe I'll splurge and just go with W3/W3x + D2 + mouse. I want his first american xmas to be a fun little surprise. :)
D1 was simple but a lot of fun for solo play, and Half-Life is one of the few shooters that will play with intel GMA so I still think D1 + HL1 + SC is better.

You might buy WC3 only to find out he's one of the people that isn't a big fan of RTS. I prefer turn-based to RTS myself, like HOMM 1-3 and Jagged Alliance 2.

hrm, yah maybe SC/BW + HL1 is better than W3. Covers more bases. I however think D2 is helluva lot more fun single player and online than D1