Holiday Drink Recipes!

giantpinkbunnyhead

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2005
OK so I thought it'd be nice to see what everyone is drinking over the holidays and perhaps share some recipes. Alcoholic or not. I'll start by offering this recipe which I picked up from a local restaurant.

Mix a glass of hot chocolate; use a bit less water than normal. Get it REAL hot.
Add a healthy splash of both Bailey's and Chambord; mix well. You end up with a creamy, raspberry-flavored hot chocolate that is quite addicting!

L

Lola

Fill glass with ice add one cup of heavy cream. Then add a shot of almond flavored booze of choice then one shot of chambord.
My husband just found that one and boy... what a great after dinner drink.
Also, a festive simple drink is champagne and chambord.

Jan 18, 2001
3 cups whole milk
8 table spoons Ghirrabaldi's double chocolate cocoa mix
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon cayenne

L

Lola

Originally posted by: DainBramaged
Originally posted by: HomeBrewerDude
3 cups whole milk
8 table spoons Ghirrabaldi's double chocolate cocoa mix
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon cayenne

:Q

I have to agree... it is amazingly wonderful with cayenne.

loup garou

Lifer
Feb 17, 2000
Herbsaint Brandy Milk Punch

2 quarts cold milk
1 cup brandy
1/2 cup Herbsaint (you may substitute Pernod, Ricard, or any pastis or anis liqueur)
1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
In a large bowl, mix all ingredients and stir to combine. Add more sugar or brandy to taste. Strain into a pitcher and serve cold, topped with freshly grated nutmeg.
Serves 16-20.

Substitute more brandy for the Herbsaint if you don't like anise.

Also, this is Commander's Palace's famous Brandy Milk Punch recipe, which actually contains no brandy:

11/2 cups milk
1/2 cup heavy cream
12 ounces bourbon
1 egg white (optional)
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup very cold water
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
Nutmeg to taste

Combine the milk, cream, bourbon, egg white, sugar, water, and vanilla in a large pitcher. Stir well, or, if you have a lid, shake. Serve in rocks glasses and sprinkle each cocktail with some nutmeg.
makes 6 cocktails

loup garou

Lifer
Feb 17, 2000
Also, a nice strong Old Fashioned always says holidays time to me as well:

2 oz bourbon whiskey
2 dashes Angostura® bitters
1 splash water
1 tsp sugar
1 maraschino cherry
1 orange wedge

Mix sugar, water and angostura bitters in an old-fashioned glass. Drop in a cherry and an orange wedge. Muddle into a paste using a muddler or the back end of a spoon. Pour in bourbon, fill with ice cubes, and stir.

Canai

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2006
I think I'm going to have to go ahead and mark this page for later. I won't be able to pick up any booze tonight (work till after they stop selling :() but tomorrow is a new day!