Holder Mattesses

Shame

Platinum Member
Dec 28, 2001
An Indiana Mattress Company

Friday afternoon, I took off work early and noticed that my neighbor was moving some furniture out of a U-Haul... I go over to help and we swap the furniture from her bed room and the truck. Then she asks if I want the old stuff for free (or she's taking it to Goodwill). Turns out it the bedroom set (Chest of drawers, dresser, dresser mirror, bed with tall posts) is immaculate, walnut, matching, and made by Bassett.

The furniture is awesome, but the bed is just a full size... I am 6'3'', so that ain't happening... Plus, I refuse to sleep on a used mattress. So I measure everything out and it looks like the headboard will take full/queen converter rails ($50.00) and only hang over 1'' on each side...

My bed is a 15 year old full wave waterbed, which is starting to wear on my back, so switching the furniture out is a no brainer...

So, I go looking for mattresses. What a nightmare! Comparing prices on brand name mattresses is nearly impossible because the stores never use the same model numbers. Apparently, this is done on purpose...

A friend at work says he swears by Holder Mattresses...

I'm considering buying a queen size set... Something in the $620.00 to $740.00 range... Anyone have one? Comments? POS?

PlatinumGold

Lifer
Aug 11, 2000
Originally posted by: Shame
An Indiana Mattress Company

Friday afternoon, I took off work early and noticed that my neighbor was moving some furniture out of a U-Haul... I go over to help and we swap the furniture from her bed room and the truck. Then she asks if I want the old stuff for free (or she's taking it to Goodwill). Turns out it the bedroom set (Chest of drawers, dresser, dresser mirror, bed with tall posts) is immaculate, walnut, matching, and made by Bassett.

The furniture is awesome, but the bed is just a full size... I am 6'3'', so that ain't happening... Plus, I refuse to sleep on a used mattress. So I measure everything out and it looks like the headboard will take full/queen converter rails ($50.00) and only hang over 1'' on each side...

My bed is a 15 year old full wave waterbed, which is starting to wear on my back, so switching the furniture out is a no brainer...

So, I go looking for mattresses. What a nightmare! Comparing prices on brand name mattresses is nearly impossible because the stores never use the same model numbers. Apparently, this is done on purpose...

A friend at work says he swears by Holder Mattresses...

I'm considering buying a queen size set... Something in the $620.00 to $740.00 range... Anyone have one? Comments? POS?

i and several people i know including a couple here at AT have purchased from http://www.mattresses.net

i love their latex mattresses.

Shame

Platinum Member
Dec 28, 2001
PlatinumGold-

Which one did you get? Does that price include shipping (it appears so)?

PlatinumGold

Lifer
Aug 11, 2000
Originally posted by: Shame
PlatinumGold-

Which one did you get? Does that price include shipping (it appears so)?

i think i paid extra for shipping.

i got the latex Ultra Plush King size.

at the time i paid just over $1000.00 including shipping but that was 6 yrs ago.

it's a great mattress. i wouldn't go with anything else.

PlatinumGold

Lifer
Aug 11, 2000
also, if you are married and you and your wife differ significantly in weight, you can call them and get it half and half different firmnesses. my wifes side is soft and my side is firm, there is a difference.

she loves this mattress.

Platypus

Lifer
Apr 26, 2001
I have one and love it... no idea on the model or anything but I can check next time I'm around. You can't really go wrong, had mine for 7-8 years

Shame

Platinum Member
Dec 28, 2001
Originally posted by: Platypus
I have one and love it... no idea on the model or anything but I can check next time I'm around. You can't really go wrong, had mine for 7-8 years

Looks like they sell them the Holder $120.00 increments. Any idea what you gave for it?

Gibson486

Lifer
Aug 9, 2000
I would not be surprised if they make mattresses for one of the bigger companies.....

FoBoT

No Lifer
Apr 30, 2001
fobot.com
your choice sounds fine, most people are good with beds/mattresses $500-$1000

or get whatever they have at costco

Kelemvor

Lifer
May 23, 2002
Originally posted by: NutBucket
Sleep Number for me please.

Definitely. Nothing can compare to those. THe only adjustable mattress that you can set to whatever firmness you want. I don't know anyone that has/had one of these that didn't like it.

Plus since it's air, it never wears out and loses it's firmness. If it does, just put more air in it from the remote They are guanteed for liek 20 years or somethign too I think.

PlatinumGold

Lifer
Aug 11, 2000
Originally posted by: FrankyJunior
Originally posted by: NutBucket
Sleep Number for me please.

Definitely. Nothing can compare to those. THe only adjustable mattress that you can set to whatever firmness you want. I don't know anyone that has/had one of these that didn't like it.

Plus since it's air, it never wears out and loses it's firmness. If it does, just put more air in it from the remote They are guanteed for liek 20 years or somethign too I think.

i love walking into a sleep number bed store in the mall. a salesperson will come to me and say, so do you have a spring mattress now? and i'll say, Nope a Latex mattress, he then slinks away with nothing more to say.

a latex mattress sleeps WAY WAY better than a sleep number bed. sleep number bed can adjust the firmness but it can't adjust to different portions of your body weighing more.

a latex mattress adjusts to the various parts of your body and allows for places like shoulders and hips to sink more than head for example, giving you a much better sleep.

since i've gotten a latex mattress, i have never woken up with a hand or foot that's lost circulation, something i used to always have a problem with in other beds. a latex mattress has no pressure points.