Hoax claim for wearing MAGA hats? Woman says entire bar attacked her.

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
Yeh, MAGA hats should just read "Fuck your feelings, Libtards!"

At least it would be an honest message.
That's the definition the far left has applied. Maybe it's correct, maybe not. My issue is the redefining of terms to give them a negative connotation, then demanding that they be removed from use. The practice gives some people the illusion of power, or allows them to believe that they're working toward the common good, but it's simply not the case. These are empty victory's that make the ineffectual feel empowered, but net no real result. It's political churn.

Reactions: highland145

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
That's the definition the far left has applied. Maybe it's correct, maybe not. My issue is the redefining of terms to give them a negative connotation, then demanding that they be removed from use. The practice gives some people the illusion of power, or allows them to believe that they're working toward the common good, but it's simply not the case. These are empty victory's that make the ineffectual feel empowered, but net no real result. It's political churn.

Yeh, those poor women must have stumbled into a conclave of Texas Maoists, I suppose. Or maybe you just need to tell yourself that to stay comfy with the ideological company you keep.

yllus

Elite Member & Lifer
Aug 20, 2000
Like the whole Smollett debacle, this sounds entirely fake. These people are incredibly gross.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
Well, if someone can make up a story about being attacked by two people wearing MAGA hats, I supposed this is possible; however, just like the first story, Im sure this one will not be as accurate as first told.

Viper1j

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2018
An entire bar including the staff attacked her for wearing a MAGA hat? Hmmm. Maybe we need to search for cancelled checks from some Norwegian bodybuilders.

d18f2890-44cf-11e9-abff-50d08d764a40

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/you...tacked-wearing-maga-hat-austin-134813834.html

“If you think I would want this to happen to me, then you are a sick person,” she wrote. “If you think we deserved what happened to us in any way, then you are a sick person. If you think I love Trump enough to die for him, then you are a sick person.”

She WAS asking for it. I can't tell which one is crazier, her or her friend that thinks her uterus makes her Captain Marvel. Newsflash Cupcake you CAN defend yourself against attack by a woman. Sad.. Bigly.

Full raw video is at

https://www.dropbox.com/s/b3o0kxx1g...UcHw4vobaH02tqDrwNbAIIGyC1KP7DfwXTBtILH9hCNyA

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
“If you think I would want this to happen to me, then you are a sick person,” she wrote. “If you think we deserved what happened to us in any way, then you are a sick person. If you think I love Trump enough to die for him, then you are a sick person.”

She WAS asking for it. I can't tell which one is crazier, her or her friend that thinks her uterus makes her Captain Marvel. Newsflash Cupcake you CAN defend yourself against attack by a woman. Sad.. Bigly.

Full raw video is at

https://www.dropbox.com/s/b3o0kxx1goau2bw/Video Mar 02, 11 57 12 PM.mov?dl=0&fbclid=IwAR11fDTgHyfC4qUcHw4vobaH02tqDrwNbAIIGyC1KP7DfwXTBtILH9hCNyA
That cop is a fucking saint!

HeXen

Diamond Member
Dec 13, 2009
I don't get it really. Regan used the same slogan. Clinton said it in a speech before. It simply refers to the economic boom we experienced post WW2 during the decades we manufactured our own stuff, livable blue collar wages, etc.
Guess it's good marketing to have Trump haters perform some racist stuff while wearing such hats and achieves the intended goal. How so many choose to think that America shouldn't be great I'll never know.

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
I don't get it really. Regan used the same slogan. Clinton said it in a speech before. It simply refers to the economic boom we experienced post WW2 during the decades we manufactured our own stuff, livable blue collar wages, etc.
Guess it's good marketing to have Trump haters perform some racist stuff while wearing such hats and achieves the intended goal. How so many choose to think that America shouldn't be great I'll never know.
So you're saying that America wasnt great before Trump?

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

Yeh, the idealized Golden Age of America. Back when we did great things with Government & taxed the Rich to do it.

Nice conspiracy theory!

BonzaiDuck

Lifer
Jun 30, 2004
Right now, comparing Jacinda Ardern to Donald Trump, I have visions of doing more than just harassing a Trumpie wearing a Maga hat.

I'd like to punch one so hard that a plastic surgeon would be in tears.

Since my family believes in democracy, we had a unanimous vote to exclude Trumpies from the human race, therefore from the category called "Americans".

Demonizing the opposition as "the other"? Well, what's good for the goose is sauce for the gander.

Also found a nifty ANTIFA tee-shirt online. "Give nationalists a platform" with a picture of a wooden platform -- steps at one end, and a guillotine at the other.

BonzaiDuck

Lifer
Jun 30, 2004
Yeh, the idealized Golden Age of America. Back when we did great things with Government & taxed the Rich to do it.

Nice conspiracy theory!

And your second sentence is an established fact. Except for duck and cover, growing up in the 50s (unless you were African American) was good. Civil Rights only made it better, but it was sliding downhill after the 70s.

Jeez! They even called it the "Golden Age of Television". I thought the Sunday presentation of "Omnibus" was top-notch -- for the black-and-white era . . . .

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006

remember how conservatives have spent the last 3 or 4 generations redefining the founding political philosophy of our country and our central governing document--"liberalism"--to be a negative slur that somehow describes the death of the same country?

yeah, I don't remember that either.

interchange

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
The MAGA hat is not the issue. I don't think anyone simply wearing the MAGA hat and behaving respectfully is at any serious risk of being assaulted there. When you become inebriated, act provocatively, pursue people who have disengaged with you, argue with police, etc. you are entering territory where your behavior knowingly places you at risk.

Viper1j

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2018
The MAGA hat is not the issue. I don't think anyone simply wearing the MAGA hat and behaving respectfully is at any serious risk of being assaulted there. When you become inebriated, act provocatively, pursue people who have disengaged with you, argue with police, etc. you are entering territory where your behavior knowingly places you at risk.

Would you say the same thing about a Klan hood?

It won't matter how you "act".
1552933642847.jpeg

DarthKyrie

Golden Member
Jul 11, 2016
No. I wouldn't for a klan hood or something with a racial slur on it, for instance. Do you really think a MAGA hat is equivalent?

As much as I find people, in general, to be reprehensible. I am also a firm believer in our Constitution and will defend anybody's right to self-expression. As a result, I also believe what happens to those people in response to their self-expression is also upon their own shoulders. After all, it isn't the Government that is preventing them from expressing themselves. I do draw the line with things like yelling "Fire" in a crowded movie theater.

dawp

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
No. I wouldn't for a klan hood or something with a racial slur on it, for instance. Do you really think a MAGA hat is equivalent?
I think it entirely in the context in which it is worn, in a group of like minded folks or going out and wearing it to a bar where a high percentage folks are likely to disagree with you.

I believe you are more like to see MAGA hats in a country bar than one that caters to rock/hip hop/dance crowd would be.

Viper1j

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2018
I think it entirely in the context in which it is worn, in a group of like minded folks or going out and wearing it to a bar where a high percentage folks are likely to disagree with you.

I believe you are more like to see MAGA hats in a country bar than one that caters to rock/hip hop/dance crowd would be.

And if you do see them there, it means they are dying to start some shit. It would be like me attending an Aryan Brotherhood meeting and claiming I was just there for the coffee and pie.