Hmong soldiers suffer while others are recognized... how sad

weirdichi

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2001
TEXT

It still amazes me how the Hmong still haven't been recognized for their efforts in the Vietnam War. My dad was a soldier at 12 and fought along side the Americans in that war, yet there has been nothing said of him and his many other comrades who fell. He did get a certificate 4-5 years ago, but what good is that when nobody wants to acknowledge them at all? It's sad to know that the woman who survived the middle east is made into a big star while others who have lost their families and in some cases their will to live are still suffering even today. Thanks for reading.

OulOat

Diamond Member
Aug 8, 2002
Wow, never heard about this before. Must google this some more, but till then, bump.

weirdichi

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2001
Originally posted by: Shockwave
YP not MP.
Or in this case I guess its
TP not MP.

It's thinking like this that gets us nowhere. The current generation doesn't wanna lift a finger, leaving it for the next generation to deal with.

Buzzman151

Golden Member
Apr 17, 2001
Originally posted by: weirdichi
YP not MP.
TP not MP.

It's thinking like this that gets us nowhere. The current generation doesn't wanna lift a finger, leaving it for the next generation to deal with.

I agree totally and alot of this stuff is just going to blow up in everyone's faces years down the road :/

tec699

Banned
Dec 19, 2002
TEXT

It still amazes me how the Hmong still haven't been recognized for their efforts in the Vietnam War. My dad was a soldier at 12 and fought along side the Americans in that war, yet there has been nothing said of him and his many other comrades who fell. He did get a certificate 4-5 years ago, but what good is that when nobody wants to acknowledge them at all? It's sad to know that the woman who survived the middle east is made into a big star while others who have lost their families and in some cases their will to live are still suffering even today. Thanks for reading.

I agree. They should be at least regonized but it's with American soliders as well. All you need to do is look at the New York cities and you'll see our heroes. ON THE STREET CORNERS BEGGING FOR CHANGE. Yep.. Vietnam and Korean vets begging for change because our politicans could give a f!ck. Oh and what about the WW2 vets? Those brave men that fought for our freedoms, and how are they repaid? I'll tell you-- By cutting off or diminishing their benefits. They were lied to as well. When the budget needs cutting guess who feels the pinch? Yep.. the vets.

Oh and it doesn't end there. During the first gulf war the soliders that were coming home started to strangely suffer. Their joints were inflammed. They were felling awefully sick. And actually.. A report was going around that stated that a good number of our armed forces may have been exposed to Saddams chemicals. But the US government flately denied that chemicals were ever present and that our solidersw didn't come in contact with these aweful toxins. And I wonder why? Maybe it's because our government didn't want to cover the treatment that our brave men desperately needed? Yea.. I think that's it.

And about Jessica Lynch. I'm glad that she got home in one piece, but she doesn't deserve the recognition that she's receiving. My father fought in the Korean war and 90% of his crew died right before his eyes. And did he get a heroe's welcome? Nope.. Nada.. Zilch!

If I was drafted into war I'll tell you one thing. I fight for the people of this country, not the politicans and members of congress. I detest them to no end. They will sell you out in a heartbeat if it would benefit them politically.

So your not alone, and hopefully your brave father will get the recognition that he deserves.

Cfour

Golden Member
Jul 6, 2000
www.sternie.com
YP not MP.
TP not MP.

Is that why we were just in Afghanastan, Iraq, and 10 yrs. ago in the Gulf War? Because we don't want to "lift a finger"?

Dacalo

Diamond Member
Mar 31, 2000
TEXT

i understand only small portion of their suffering. I minored in sociology and I did some research on the Hmong community. Very proud people but they were ditched by the Americans after Vietnam War.

a book called The Spirit Catches You and You Fall Down is an awesome read. highly recommended

Dacalo

Diamond Member
Mar 31, 2000
Originally posted by: Cfour
YP not MP.
TP not MP.

Is that why we were just in Afghanastan, Iraq, and 10 yrs. ago in the Gulf War? Because we don't want to "lift a finger"?

incentives my friend incentives

Afghanistan = to get rid of terrorism, to plant western government in the middle east

Iraq = more western government, oil doesnt hurt

Gulf War = oil duh!

Hmong = uh no incentives

propellerhead

Golden Member
Apr 25, 2001
I feel sorry for them. I wish it wasn't like that.

But this sounds like a good plot to a new episode of Rambo, or The Rock...

weirdichi

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2001
Originally posted by: Dacalo
Originally posted by: Cfour
YP not MP.
TP not MP.

incentives my friend incentives

Afghanistan = to get rid of terrorism, to plant western government in the middle east

Iraq = more western government, oil doesnt hurt

Gulf War = oil duh!

Hmong = uh no incentives

Exactly! They get what they want, then they pull out.

tec699

Banned
Dec 19, 2002
And of course our government does this:

I agree. They should be at least regonized but it's with American soliders as well. All you need to do is look at the New York cities and you'll see our heroes. ON THE STREET CORNERS BEGGING FOR CHANGE. Yep.. Vietnam and Korean vets begging for change because our politicans could give a f!ck. Oh and what about the WW2 vets? Those brave men that fought for our freedoms, and how are they repaid? I'll tell you-- By cutting off or diminishing their benefits. They were lied to as well. When the budget needs cutting guess who feels the pinch? Yep.. the vets.

Oh and it doesn't end there. During the first gulf war the soliders that were coming home started to strangely suffer. Their joints were inflammed. They were felling awefully sick. And actually.. A report was going around that stated that a good number of our armed forces may have been exposed to Saddams chemicals. But the US government flately denied that chemicals were ever present and that our solidersw didn't come in contact with these aweful toxins. And I wonder why? Maybe it's because our government didn't want to cover the treatment that our brave men desperately needed? Yea.. I think that's it.

And about Jessica Lynch. I'm glad that she got home in one piece, but she doesn't deserve the recognition that she's receiving. My father fought in the Korean war and 90% of his crew died right before his eyes. And did he get a heroe's welcome? Nope.. Nada.. Zilch!

If I was drafted into war I'll tell you one thing. I fight for the people of this country, not the politicans and members of congress. I detest them to no end. They will sell you out in a heartbeat if it would benefit them politically.

So your not alone, and hopefully your brave father will get the recognition that he deserves.

:|

cyclistca

Platinum Member
Dec 5, 2000
Welcome to the Vietnam War. There were many jungle tribes that sided with the Americans that were wiped out when the American's left.

err

Platinum Member
Oct 11, 1999
bump.

I have Hmong friends and now I know their history in more details. Thank you for the post.

eRr

Aug 23, 2000
every war is fought for someones gain. The Japanese attacked Pearl Harbor because the US cut off oil supplies to Japan. So japan fought back for economic reasons. We helped in europe politically because at the time, all the various European nations were big purchasers of American goods. WW2 pumped the American Economy to record levels.

bates550

Aug 3, 2001
this is how the US makes friends who later come back to visit by flying planes into buildings...