hmmm newegg pays for return shipping!

hans007

Lifer
Feb 1, 2000
wow.

i ordered something on refurb, and well it came with no power cables. so i cant even turn it on. like i dont really consider this refurbished since well i usually expect maybe a box missing , but this was an external dvd drive with no power cable. how the heck does that work.

anyway i click "replacement" on the rma, figuring they might send me one with a power cable. and lo and behold!

you can click a button that even prints a fedex label for you! i dont even have to pay for return shipping. holy crap.

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
Their profit margins probably aren't that much, but the amount of orders they get... I'm sure they make a ton of money - enough to afford a measely few bucks shipping at their expense.

BlueWeasel

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
Bow down to Newegg!

[Edit] That's how NE puts the Rush Shipping charge of $2.99 to good use. I paid it with the hopes of getting my 2600+ Mobile a few days earlier, only to have Fedex to sit on my package for 2 days! The package is stored at the local warehouse (5 mins from my office) and I can't go get it. :|

/rant off

ClueLis

Platinum Member
Jul 2, 2003
Originally posted by: hans007
wow.

i ordered something on refurb, and well it came with no power cables. so i cant even turn it on. like i dont really consider this refurbished since well i usually expect maybe a box missing , but this was an external dvd drive with no power cable. how the heck does that work.

anyway i click "replacement" on the rma, figuring they might send me one with a power cable. and lo and behold!

you can click a button that even prints a fedex label for you! i dont even have to pay for return shipping. holy crap.

That is why so many people refuse to use anything but Newegg.

AgaBoogaBoo

Lifer
Feb 16, 2003
Yeah, once there was a problem with what they sent me, they sent me another one shipped overnight and I shipped the bad one back, then they reimbursed me :Q

AgaBoogaBoo

Lifer
Feb 16, 2003
Originally posted by: ClueLis
Originally posted by: hans007
wow.

That is why so many people refuse to use anything but Newegg.

and you know, when we order something online, instead of saving even $5 from some random store, my dad feels safe with newegg because he knows they've handled problems in the past and won't give trouble if something goes wrong