Hmm... Should I WARN my friend's BF?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
Where's the option for "Beat his ass down on ATOT, except in real life do nothing?"
While we were being checked out at the hospital my "friend" told the police that I had come over and attacked her and that her BF had been trying to defend her!

I was arrested, charged, and convicted of assault when this "friend" looked right in my face in court and testified against me.

Was I mad? Not at the time. I was depressed and near suicidal. I had never been so hurt in my entire life.

So I repeat. If she won't help herself than stay away.
That sucks. Really in your circumstance nobody should go over, but rather get the police involved, because then intead of you vs. boyfriend it would be police vs. boyfriend.

TMPadmin

Golden Member
Jul 23, 2001
I have a few friends with bent noses that can take care of the issue. Don't worry you can just owe us the favor for a future "Job".

Hammer

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
Originally posted by: AaronB
that's some interesting logic... so because she didn't press charges against him, she doesn't want help? i think many domestic abuse victims might tell you differently. if what mith said is true, the boyfriend should be warned at very least.

My logic comes from my personal experiences. Nothing more nothing less.

I saw my mother beaten several times while I was growing up. She had 3 well built brothers that were more than capable of handling the situation but she continued to go back to my father.

The last straw for me was a different situation.

I had a female friend that was dating/ living with a guy for 2/3 years. Late in their relationship she had let on that he had a temper and over the last couple of months that I was in contact with them she would often call me crying with this guy screaming at her in the background. Apparently he was regularly taking out whatever frustrations he had on her face too because she started to turn into one big bruise.

Anyway, I always told her to call the police but she claimed she would "work it out". I think she was afraid to be on her own.

The last time I talked directly to her she called me on the phone crying and pleading for me to come over because he was beating the hell out of her. I heard him in the background say something to the effect of "hang up the phone you stupid bitch!" and the line went dead.

Like a dumba$$ I went over there. He was pissed because I came, she was bleeding from the mouth and nose and things went WAY out of control from there. Both myself and the BF wound up going to the hospital.

While we were being checked out at the hospital my "friend" told the police that I had come over and attacked her and that her BF had been trying to defend her!

I was arrested, charged, and convicted of assault when this "friend" looked right in my face in court and testified against me.

Was I mad? Not at the time. I was depressed and near suicidal. I had never been so hurt in my entire life.

that's insane! :Q

Viper GTS

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
I've hurt my g/f a few times when we were playing... Nothing anywhere near this serious, but a misplaced elbow in the face, etc. When you weigh 100+ lbs more than someone it's easy to hurt them without meaning to.

Assuming that wasn't the case, the police should have been involved. In many states it's no longer the option of the victim to press charges.

You should stay out of it.

Viper GTS

TooOne21

Sep 24, 2003
Originally posted by: DannyBoy
Originally posted by: Iron Woode
I think you should mind your business. :|

Werd on that woodie, have a :beer:

....and the meek shall Inherit the Earth.... Right?

Do not listen to these guys, if they were in your shoes they would do something about it.

I do not agree with just sitting back and letting someone get abused. You should definatley let this guy know that that is not the way to treat a woman.

Scarpozzi

Lifer
Jun 13, 2000
I can't answer the question until I see pics of your sister and her attractive friend.

cLe0

Oct 30, 2003
you might want to figure out if he really beat her and to what extent before doing anything else. Just relying on words ain't gonna be any strong evidence.

GoingUp

Lifer
Jul 31, 2002
I guess the question that I want to know is, was it horseplay where they were wrestling for fun and an accident occured? Or is this guy a violent ass.

If hes violent, then he has whats coming to him, otherwise if it was an accident, maybe you should tip him off.

moshquerade

No Lifer
Nov 1, 2001
Originally posted by: Gobadgrs
I guess the question that I want to know is, was it horseplay where they were wrestling for fun and an accident occured? Or is this guy a violent ass.

If hes violent, then he has whats coming to him, otherwise if it was an accident, maybe you should tip him off.
i'm thinking if he dislocated her shoulder and she is breaking up with him it was a violent act.

get a bunch of guys together and beat the crap outta the loser.

Gunbuster

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
/me will be waiting for the cops moment when she says "but I love him" and goes back to the abusive relationship

BigKev

Platinum Member
Apr 29, 2000
Beat his ass down. Don't even think twice. Also, tell him to sing the national anthem while he's laying on the ground. If he refuses, throw him down the stairs onto a pile of thumb tacks.

LordJezo

Banned
May 16, 2001
Originally posted by: SackOfAllTrades
Why don't you be a REAL man and rip off his genitalia...with your teeth...and swallow...

Just take out the "rip off" part...

MikeMike

Lifer
Feb 6, 2000
it wasnt the gf he beat, it was another friend, i dont know if i would consider this fighting, or maybe a little playing and it got a lil outta hand?

i saw a friend dislocate another kids shoulder. it wasnt fight, but rather they were just wrestling around, and he wasnt giving up, so he pushed a lil to hard up, and it went.

MIKE

Nitemare

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
Originally posted by: j@cko
u sure can if you wanna spend some time in the cell for a night or two...

It's only illegal if you get caught

I say just wear a mask when he gets the beat down

Jetblade

Banned
Aug 21, 2003
BEAT DOWN!!!.....BEAT DOWN!!!.....BEAT DOWN!!!.....BEAT DOWN!!!.....BEAT DOWN!!!.....BEAT DOWN!!!.....BEAT DOWN!!!.....BEAT DOWN!!!.....BEAT DOWN!!!.....BEAT DOWN!!!.....BEAT DOWN!!!.....BEAT DOWN!!!.....BEAT DOWN!!!.....

and :camera:s after, please.

TheBoyBlunder

Diamond Member
Apr 25, 2003
Warn? Yes. Beat down? No. Too many problems can crop up if you kick his ass. I'd say just call the cops and let them worry about it.

mrCide

Diamond Member
Nov 27, 1999
the only reason io'd take someone's arm and twist it behind their back (ie, cop move) is if they were attacking me, my guess is this girl was hittin him and thought she could get away with it cause she's a girl and 'i can hit him but he cant hit me', and when he stopped her, she got pissy and is claiming that he attacked her..

just my guess, cause you know, girls ARE insane.

Rallispec

Lifer
Jul 26, 2001
that's some interesting logic... so because she didn't press charges against him, she doesn't want help? i think many domestic abuse victims might tell you differently. if what mith said is true, the boyfriend should be warned at very least.

I saw my mother beaten several times while I was growing up. She had 3 well built brothers that were more than capable of handling the situation but she continued to go back to my father.

I had a female friend that was dating/ living with a guy for 2/3 years. Late in their relationship she had let on that he had a temper and over the last couple of months that I was in contact with them she would often call me crying with this guy screaming at her in the background. Apparently he was regularly taking out whatever frustrations he had on her face too because she started to turn into one big bruise.

Anyway, I always told her to call the police but she claimed she would "work it out". I think she was afraid to be on her own.

The last time I talked directly to her she called me on the phone crying and pleading for me to come over because he was beating the hell out of her. I heard him in the background say something to the effect of "hang up the phone you stupid bitch!" and the line went dead.

Like a dumba$$ I went over there. He was pissed because I came, she was bleeding from the mouth and nose and things went WAY out of control from there. Both myself and the BF wound up going to the hospital.

oh my god-- thast freaking crazy!.. that really sucks..... did the girl continue to date the abusive boyfreind after that?

AaronB

Golden Member
Dec 25, 2002
As far as I know they are still together. It has been a few years and I didn't exactly keep in touch.....

Nitemare

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
Originally posted by: Rallispec

oh my god-- thast freaking crazy!.. that really sucks..... did the girl continue to date the abusive boyfreind after that?

probably dead

Jetblade

Banned
Aug 21, 2003
Originally posted by: Nitemare
Originally posted by: Rallispec

probably dead

Good. I hope they didn't reproduce.