hmm..is it just me or is there too much violence/bad stuff in music?

chiwawa626

Lifer
Aug 15, 2000
hmm..is it just me or is there too much violence/bad stuff in music?
Im 15 and sitting here...thinkin bout all this violence in rap and stuff...and im lisening to Ritchie valens....hmm....somthings defentialy wrong here...all this music is getting too much into sex..drugs...munny...and violence..it just bores me now (mabey i should take spellin lessons) what do u guys think about music now days?

datalink7

Lifer
Jan 23, 2001
That is one (but not all) of the reasons I prefer music (mostly classic rock) from the 60's, 70's, and 80's.

Soybomb

Diamond Member
Jun 30, 2000

<< all this music is getting too much into sex..drugs...munny...and violence >>

No its not. I love the geddy lee album I bought not too long ago. The last beastie boys cd was great and not what I'd call violent or bad, etc. Sammy Hagar rocks too. Even the boy bands and tenny bopper music usually isn't too bad, although I think its making kids feel they hav to be in relationships. You've pretty much gotta want &quot;dark&quot; music to buy dark music. If you buy gangster rap, thats what you're getting. If you don't like it dont buy it. ALot of your peers will because they feel it makes them fit in or they relate to it more. Personally I like very little alternative type stuff that is like this. Gimme middle school type rap (beasties, etc), punk, or my favorite- classic rock. Its all what you listen to, and the dark music is definatley marketed to young people who think they're all depressed adn no one understands them ;)

JohnnyKnoxville

Platinum Member
Feb 24, 2001
You are correct young man most of the new main stream music is suck,I have'nt bought a CD in a couple years.Most of the stuff worth listening to is by the indies that you have to search for on the web.I still can't believe, people have the nerve to call Blink 182 punk.