Hmm...epic folding on nVidia GPUs in 1x slots?!

Golgatha

Lifer
Jul 18, 2003
Originally posted by: dajeepster
i hate you... and i'm soooo going to do that

LMK how that works out for you. All my 1x slots are blocked with my GTX 275 SLI setup. My HTPC is built for silence, but it is awfully tempting to put one in that box just for the extra PPD. On the gaming side of things, it might make a nice way to get Physx into a rig alongside a SLI setup.

dajeepster

Golden Member
Apr 15, 2001
Originally posted by: Golgatha

LMK how that works out for you. All my 1x slots are blocked with my GTX 275 SLI setup. My HTPC is built for silence, but it is awfully tempting to put one in that box just for the extra PPD. On the gaming side of things, it might make a nice way to get Physx into a rig alongside a SLI setup.

i'm looking to throw it in a dell sc1430 server... only has x4 and x1 pci-e slots

waffleironhead

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2005

i'm looking to throw it in a dell sc1430 server... only has x4 and x1 pci-e slots

Have you considered cutting the end of those x4 slots open? I remember a thread in the graphics forums where a couple of members had good success doing that.

dajeepster

Golden Member
Apr 15, 2001
Originally posted by: waffleironhead

Have you considered cutting the end of those x4 slots open? I remember a thread in the graphics forums where a couple of members had good success doing that.

i would love too... if my hand didn't shake from too much caffiene :shocked:

GLeeM

Elite Member
Apr 2, 2004

Do new drivers prevent the slow down that happens when putting lesser cards in a system with a better card with more shaders?

EDIT: answer: looks like it takes new drivers and new core_11. A new core_14 should be out Monday!