hmm, bars are not what I thought they were

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

zerocool84

Lifer
Nov 11, 2004
Ok so then the one I went to was a club and not a bar? Also, I am not a college freshman....

No you'd know if you were at a club cus everyone would be dancing and the drinks would be expensive as hell and it'd be really dark with lights flashing everywhere. Granted I've been to many bars that are similar to clubs but there's clearly a difference cus a club is where everyone dances and bars is where some people dance.

Sea Moose

Diamond Member
May 12, 2009
No you'd know if you were at a club cus everyone would be dancing and the drinks would be expensive as hell and it'd be really dark with lights flashing everywhere. Granted I've been to many bars that are similar to clubs but there's clearly a difference cus a club is where everyone dances and bars is where some people dance.

And you know if you are at a strip club, cause girls actually seem to want to talk to you, if you pay.

tokie

Golden Member
Jun 1, 2006
Difference between a club and a bar, brah.

Bar is basically like a pub and is the type of place where you get beer and wings. Sometimes they put a sports game on a TV and people watch, etc.

Clubs can vary drastically between ghetto concrete things underground and rooftop parties. Best club that I ever went to was the one on top of the Vegas strip. It was classy and full of smoking ladies. Drinks were expensive as hell and the girls were probably fake, but whatever.

I never used to like clubs but now I do. OP you will probably eventually like them, just go with a mixed-sex group of friends and have a good time. Or be a creeper with a wingman and go to town...

AstroManLuca

Lifer
Jun 24, 2004
Eh, I've been over bars since around the time I got out of college. I prefer quieter places with friends and I don't really like drinking anymore. I've never enjoyed getting drunk but now I even see getting buzzed as being expensive and totally unnecessary. I just don't care anymore.

Farang

Lifer
Jul 7, 2003
gold-bars-10.jpg

Here is a gold bar

Gold_Bar_Sign.jpg

Here is another gold bar

ixelion

Feb 5, 2005
Bars, pubs, clubs are incredibly lame they are occupied entirely by douche bags and skanks who ilf if it weren't for all the herpes.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
I used to go to a local tavern in town. it was a nice place. a little more expensive then any where else in town. but the food was good and service was prompt.

then for some reason management thought they were a upscale bar in Chicago. The drinks went from $2.50 for a draft of miller light to $6. though they did put more draft beers on stock.

Also they food increased in price. you used to be able to get a cheeseburger +fries for $7. they changed it to $7 for a PLAIN hamburger. you want ketchup or mayo? $.50 each. the chicken wings (wich are great) was $7 for 10. then it switched to $7 for 6.

They also started pushing more fruity cocktails then beer. it was weird.

I prefer a place where i can get a good greasy cheeseburger and draft beer while being able to talk to the poeple im with. i hate clubs in the fact that drinks are overpriced and the music is so loud you can't hear someone next to you.