Hitman: Absolution- I'm Pissed.

Discussion in 'Console Gaming' started by z1ggy, Dec 29, 2012.

1. z1ggy

z1ggy Diamond Member

Really fun game to play, but I have a HUGE bone to pick with these software developers/testers. Didn't they ever come across the massive bug that a lot of people are experiencing (according to my google search) with save game data being corrupted and thus losing ALL saved game play? I played the game for about 16 hours, and I noticed when my game went to save, it just stayed there on a load screen for a while...so I quit the game, then restarted it.

Well, When I get back into the game, it says it can't find any previous save file, and that basically I get to start over. I am so pissed at this, that I will probably just sell the game now. I could try and email the company and bitch and moan to see if I could get my money back, but I doubt that. I've heard of people have 2 or more save corruptions, so I don't feel like it's even worth my time to try again. I will just move on to Far Cry 3, or start playing BL2 on my PC.

Overall, it was a fun game, but what a load of BS that such a huge issue like this wasn't worked out before release. I'm not sure if I will ever buy another game made by this company again.

2. Loading...

Similar Threads - Hitman Absolution Pissed Forum Date
    New Hitman Game Console Gaming Feb 4, 2016
    Uncharted 2 is pissing me off! Console Gaming Jun 23, 2013
    More Xbox 720 rumor , and it really pissed me off. Console Gaming Feb 12, 2013
    Absolutely loving Zelda OoT on my 3DS Console Gaming Jul 22, 2011

3. jpiniero

jpiniero Diamond Member

It's not the only recent game which has had that problem. I remember hearing about Arkham City on the 360 also having save corruption issues.

Avoiding issues like this is one of the big advantages of playing a game months after release.

4. exdeath

exdeath Lifer

Welcome to modern gaming. Shut up and pre order the next one already.

5. gorcorps

gorcorps aka Brandon

I've never had such a thing happen to me, so it's hardly a common issue in modern gaming. Unless you're just trying to lay bait and start some crap.

6. z1ggy

z1ggy Diamond Member

I mostly play online FPS games, but I recently got back into campaign single player types. I have been playing these types of games (hitman.. Metal Gear Solid, etc) for years and years, through all the PS platforms... and I haven't run into this issue yet. But once I googled the problem, it wasn't like I found a few links or forums about it...There were tons of people complaining about this bug.

I am just pissed because for $60 bucks I expect high quality gaming, free of bugs. Just like all the bugs that came with Skyrim...They will now just release a bunch of patches and everything will be fixed and people will just expect to forget it all.

7. Doppel

Doppel Lifer

I've never had it happen, either.

OP I think that is terrible and I also would certainly not start again. It would possibly happen again anyway.

8. z1ggy

z1ggy Diamond Member

I read a forum where it happened to a guy 3 times. F that. If I got even further next time and it happened when I was on the very last mission I think I would have a mental breakdown and throw things at my TV.

Do you g uys think there's any way I could bitch to the company and get my money back or something?? Otherwise I am probably just going to sell it.

9. tommo123

tommo123 Platinum Member

they charge $60 since they can get away for it. this gen made consoles like PCs in the sense of "release now, fix later".

if they couldn't assume you'd have internet access then they couldn't do this.

one benefit to PC gaming/modded xbox. you can download someone elses save games and continue your game.

10. BD2003

BD2003 Lifer

Isn't he always?

11. Q

Q Lifer

Hmm, glad I read this. Might just wait to play this until a patch comes out.

12. Doppel

Doppel Lifer

There is some of that, but I've been gaming for some years and from what I can tell first-day release quality is TONS better than it was back in the day. Although a lot of new releases have a patch on day 1, it's not often that these make the game playable when it otherwise isn't. I never played Fallout 2 when it was released, but I know one person so frustrated with its unplayable bugs he snapped the discs out of frustration. Daggerfall, from Bethesda, was quite unplayable at release--and the internet was quite immature then!

I think these days games receive so much publicity that if they are released a buggy mess they will be put on a spit on game forums.

AFAIK, though, the greatest sin any game defect can ever have is game save corruption.

And now I think about it more, I've had it happen to me in the past, though I absolutely can't remember which game or platform it was on.

13. sze5003

sze5003 Lifer

I have it for pc and have started it over at least 3 times at my own will. The game is not really long. Depending on how you want to play some levels take longer than others. Each time I restarted I found new ways to go through it.

I'm surprised they have not patched the console version yet. The pc version had 2 patches already within a few weeks of release I think.

14. Aikouka

Aikouka Lifer

It's significantly easier to patch a game on the PC than it is on consoles, and not to mention that there may be fees involved on the console.