Hitman Absolution (and cheap pre-order)

Dankk

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2008
This game comes out in 3 days, and yet there isn't a single thread for it. I feel like I have to make one. Surely I can't be the only person looking forward to this game?

The general consensus seems to be that it's not quite as brilliant as Blood Money, but still a very solid title in and of itself. Particularly if you play it on hard/purist mode, it's extremely challenging and offers an experience more akin to the previous games in the series.

And because it's being published by Square Enix, the PC version is getting lots of love. This video shows off the beautiful PC version:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lw-EajsObOo

Also if you pre-order Hitman Absolution from GreenManGaming, you can get it for a whopping 35% off, bringing it down to $29.25. Activates on Steam.

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/us/en/pc/games/action/hitman-absolution-professional-edition-na/

Here's the coupon code:

GMG35-FGR37-COY0B

Who else is excited to slip back into 47's shoes next week?

KaOTiK

Lifer
Feb 5, 2001
If this came out a month ago I would have jumped on it. But now with the Autumn Sale hitting in 4 days and then the Holiday Sale in a month I need to save my wallet for that rape.

BlueWeasel

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
Ordered it from GMG a few months ago for $33 after coupon. I'm excited.

Some early reviews for the PS3 are out on Metacritic. There are 3 or 4 so far and all have it at 90+. Hoping the PC is just as good.

Last edited:

orbster556

Dec 14, 2005
Although I'll probably cave and purchase the game on release date or thereabouts, I am slightly concnered that the gameplay titled too heavily towards action in an attempt to appeal more to the casual/console market. Moreover, some of the gameplay mechanics, -- such as mode that is tantamount to Detective Mode in the recent Batman games -- seem silly and out of place.

I hope the game is great as I've really enjoyed the series (especially Hitman 2 & Blood Money).

Regards,

Dankk

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2008
Although I'll probably cave and purchase the game on release date or thereabouts, I am slightly concnered that the gameplay titled too heavily towards action in an attempt to appeal more to the casual/console market. Moreover, some of the gameplay mechanics, -- such as mode that is tantamount to Detective Mode in the recent Batman games -- seem silly and out of place.

The silly "X-ray vision" mechanic is disabled on the harder difficulties, catering to fans who are interested in more traditional Hitman gameplay. I certainly won't be using it.

StitchExperimen

Feb 14, 2012
I got 2 for sale for 25 dollars in for sale section digital download from Steam.
got them for purchasing 2 Gigabyte 7950s.
Bruce

Dankk

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2008
RPS doesn't care for it much. Some of the stuff is a bit scary actually.
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/11/18/wot-i-think-hitman-absolution/

There's some pretty damning things in there. Shame.

From what most people are saying, it appears to be a good action-stealth game, but a poor Hitman game.

Someone on Reddit posted a list of reviews as they're pouring in. They appear to be all over the place:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/13ec6b/seems_like_hitman_absolutions_embargos_up_heres_a/

BlueWeasel

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
Got my key from GMG this morning. Activated in Steam and I'm now preloaded and ready to go. :)

Dankk

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2008
Got my key from GMG this morning. Activated in Steam and I'm now preloaded and ready to go. :)

Yeah, I'm pretty excited. :) Even if it's not as good as Blood Money, I can tell I'll have a lot of fun with it.

mindcycle

Golden Member
Jan 9, 2008
I'm also pretty excited about this game. But if i'm being honest with myself, i'd realize that if I bought this now it would sit around unplayed for several months and by that time it'll probably be on sale for $10. So i'm just going to wait until then..

Regs

Lifer
Aug 9, 2002
I'm also pretty excited about this game. But if i'm being honest with myself, i'd realize that if I bought this now it would sit around unplayed for several months and by that time it'll probably be on sale for $10. So i'm just going to wait until then..

I'm with you on this one.

sze5003

Lifer
Aug 18, 2012
Too bad gmg won't accept my payment. Same with PayPal it gets refused since they think it's a gambling site. Talked to bank and they said they never saw a transaction come through.

Apr 17, 2003
Too bad gmg won't accept my payment. Same with PayPal it gets refused since they think it's a gambling site. Talked to bank and they said they never saw a transaction come through.

this happened to me as well but it didn't have a problem w/ paypal.

sze5003

Lifer
Aug 18, 2012
Well my PayPal is linked to bill me later and maybe it will work..I have not read any reviews for this game yet but I think.it's worth 30 bucks. How long after you pay do you get the key ?

sze5003

Lifer
Aug 18, 2012
Awesome I should get it today after work I hope. Been deff waiting for this game.

EpicSurvivor

Golden Member
Aug 14, 2012
Hey Guys, Just wanted to share with you guys some good stuff I found. For the past 3 days there has being a lot of good deals on PC games, for example on eBay there are a lot of CD Keys for sale that come with the purchase of an AMD Graphics Card but ppl are selling them on eBay.

The most common one for sale on ebay includes

1) Sleeping Dogs (Steam)
2) Hitman Absolution (Steam)
3) Far Cry 3 Pre Order (Ubishop Download)
4) Medal Of Honor Warfighter 20% Discount

If you were to buy all these 3 games separately at current retail price, it would come out to $150. however on eBay they are going between $50 and $60 for all 3 + the MOHWF discount.

I just bought me a copy, and it all activated with no problem, I'm currently downloading Hitman Absolution on Steam which should finish in the next 10 minutes. Here is the link to one of the eBay listings still active. Take advantage of this excellent deal before is over. Good luck and happy Holidays to all.:cool:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PC-Sleeping...792&pid=100015&prg=1006&rk=1&sd=271108472250&

lozina

Lifer
Sep 10, 2001
Been playing it pretty solidly over the holiday break. Having a great time with it and really trying to maximize the experience by getting every challenge available, so I am only up to the level after Rosewood. Rosewood's Subtle Syringe challenge part 3 took me a long time to get!

So Im really happy with the game and just have a few minor gripes:

a) Restart from checkpoint is a bit unreliable. Sometimes it causes AI scripts to die out (like a guy will just stand there talking on phone forever and will never perform his normal scripted routines). Also sometimes enemies you kill are revived when you restart from checkpoint.

b) Thrown items (like knives and the syringe) sometimes get lost on a body and you dont see the option to grab it when you walk over the body. You have to drag the body a bit to get it to appear again.