Hitler's Mein Kampf published in Germany

Status
Not open for further replies.

Z15CAM

Platinum Member
Nov 20, 2010
www.flickr.com
Hum! That post is dated 12-02-2015. I've been banned for the last 3 days for using the "F" word with *&^%.

Looks like I fell behind ;o)

BonzaiDuck

Lifer
Jun 30, 2004
Hum! That post is dated 12-02-2015. I've been banned for the last 3 days for using the "F" word with *&^%.

Looks like I fell behind ;o)

I could post it here, or I could post it there.

I think I was 15 during a trip to the beach -- probably Corona del Mar. There was a bookshop there, and I bought a copy. Then, mom drove us all home.

Anyone with an interest in this dark literature should probably read the essays of Goebbels, and add to that a book by Herzstein, "The War that Hitler Won: The Nazi Propaganda Machine":

http://www.abebooks.com/Hitler-Won-Nazi-Propaganda-Herzstein-R.E/8774578628/bd

Then, there's a more recent 1995 book (long essay) by Simpson, timely for its appearance in the midst of Clinton-era document declassifications:

http://www.amazon.com/Science-Coercion-Communication-Psychological-1945-1960/dp/0195102924

Showing how CIA grabbed Goebbels' sociologists and psychologists to spend $1 billion per annum pursuing a "domination paradigm" of propaganda science between '45 and '60. Those were the days of exuberant pursuits by CIA, like MKULTRA and other aberrations.

They should teach kids about these things in high school. Their history books already contain much simplistic propaganda which marches them into adult life, ready for the harvest of various forces in our political life.

Also, I was informed today about a book by the American author, Sinclair Lewis: "It Can't Happen Here" -- probably published . . wait a minute . . . 1935. From the synopsis I read, it would've seemed . . . visionary in its understanding of the Third Reich. I'd read "Babbitt" and "Arrowsmith" in high-school, and found them totally wonderful books. I'd associated "Elmer Gantry" somehow with Theodore Dreiser, until I realized that Babbitt is a character in the movie with Burt Lancaster.

BonzaiDuck

Lifer
Jun 30, 2004
And I thought I was a History Fanatic in regards to Politics and War Fare ;o)

http://forums.anandtech.com/showthread.php?t=2456392

If you find time to plod through it, it explains this as a fresh interest. But you forgot the "Psy-" part of the warfare.

So the "Intro" starts this way:

"In 1995, I was a sleepwalking sponge of a news-zombie. . . . The Washington Post front-page frenzy about Travelgate, Whitewater, Flowers and Jones, Vince Foster, brought memories of Watergate in the same paper. And ultimately, I jumped back again to a time of Elvis and Marilyn.

It was a crisp and sunny November morning, sitting in the morning "Religion" or "Catechism" class . . . the bushes outside beat the windows, and I could see the leafy shadows on the floor.

The clock on the wall was close to 10:30 AM.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.