Hitachi Deskstar NAS 10TB and Seagate Barracuda Pro 10TB best buy>?

Jun 14, 2018
i want one hard disk of 10 TB to buy.. i am between Seagate Barracuda Pro 10TB and Hitachi Deskstar NAS 10TB

which is the best?? and which you are suggested me to buy??

and what is the difference between these 2??
which is faster,, quality and speed??

is better to buy 2 Seagate Barracuda Pro 6TB instead of one hardisk with 10 TB?>?

can you tell me please??

what is more safe and better?

to buy one hardisk with 10 TB? or to buy 2 Seagate Barracuda Pro 6TB ?
look i am between these 2 hardisks

Seagate Barracuda Pro 12TB

Hitachi Deskstar NAS 10TB

i will use one of these drives for games ,movies music,, add files,,, delete files, to play games in this hardisk,, to uninstall , and all these things
so

my question is which from these 2 hardisks to, buy and what is better to take 2 pairs Seagate-Barracuda-Pro-6TB or to buy one Seagate-Barracuda-Pro-12TB

or to buy 2 pairs from Hitachi Deskstar NAS 6TB? instead of one hardisk Hitachi-Deskstar-NAS-10TB

what you suggested me to buy??

which is the best????

Hitachi Deskstar or baraguda???

which is better and which is faster??> with less failures??

BonzaiDuck

Lifer
Jun 30, 2004
For those two drives, I suspect that you are nitpicking needlessly. I might favor Hitachi or HGST over Seagate, but I would be more interested in price comparisons. As for the size of the caches, those are among the largest caches to be found in drives of that class, and I don't think it matters as much -- again -- in comparison to the price differential.

I've used a half-dozen Seagate NAS drives; I have a couple Seagate Barracuda [not Pro model]; I'm running four 3TB Hitachi drives at the moment.

Remember that you are buying disks in the upper size-range, and might expect some greater chance of failure for being on the cutting edge of that technology. Also, I personally wouldn't want to put "all my eggs in one basket" with drives of such a size as you contemplate.