HIS X1950 Pro AGP 512MB Overclock

Duwelon

Golden Member
Nov 3, 2004
This card rocks. The stock Clocks are something like 575/780. I use ATI Tray Tools to overclock the card and the highest I can overclock to is 641 / 861.

I've overclocked every single video card i've ever owned, all the way back to an ATI Rage Pro Turbo like 9 years ago. I know that normally when the memory is overclocked a little bit too far you start seeing artifacts and/or a lockup. Also from my experience the GPU core is generally less forgiving. Normally if one my GPU's was clocked too high there was at best tearing if it didn't simply hard lock while playing a game.

This ATI card is different though. When I try to go over 641 core clock, the screen instantly goes corrupt as soon as I hit the apply button, whether the core has been idling for hours or not. Corrupt as in wierd horizontal movements kind of like TV static but much more colorful. THe really wierd thing is the video memory does the exact same thing. If I go over about 861, on applying the clock speed it goes corrupt instantly.

I'm running the latest cat's, 7.9 and i also tried the 7.7's with no difference. I've disabled AGP fast writes which didn't help. Anyone seen this before and if so what was the cause?

Duwelon

Golden Member
Nov 3, 2004
I got a new Antec Earthwatts 500w to replace my 5 year old true power 550 because the voltages were pretty low on the 5v, 3.3 and 12v rails. The new power supply has almost perfect voltages but this issue didn't go away.

Anyone anyone?