Hippies want something...

Saint Michael

Golden Member
Aug 4, 2007
http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITI...ml?eref=rss_topstories

Beret: check.
Pretentious beard: check.
Turtleneck: probably.
Absurd philosophy and self-righteous attitude that will potentially culminate in a petty symbolic act with little bearing on the course of world events while wasting plenty of people's time: of course.

I don't really care about the politics of the situation one way or another, and that's not why I posted this here. Rather, I just like pointing and laughing at pathetic tools.

jagec

Lifer
Apr 30, 2004
As much as I agree that this is a ridiculous move that will amount to nothing...
Originally posted by: Saint Michael
I don't really care about the politics of the situation one way or another, and that's not why I posted this here. Rather, I just like pointing and laughing at pathetic tools.

^--this makes you no better than them;)

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
That pic doesn't look like any hippie I ever knew...more like the beatniks that preceded the hippies...pretentious beret-wearing hipsters...;)

Saint Michael

Golden Member
Aug 4, 2007
Originally posted by: jagec
As much as I agree that this is a ridiculous move that will amount to nothing...

^--this makes you no better than them;)

Actually, I think the one edge I have on them is I know I'm a jerk...

Saint Michael

Golden Member
Aug 4, 2007
Originally posted by: BoomerD
That pic doesn't look like any hippie I ever knew...more like the beatniks that preceded the hippies...pretentious beret-wearing hipsters...;)

I mean hippy like Cartman-style hippy.

DangerAardvark

Diamond Member
Oct 22, 2004
What the hell is a "pretentious beard". That's like saying Ron Jeremy has an "overbearing cock".

Ronstang

Lifer
Jul 8, 2000
Just remember that those who protest are always in the position of weakness....and that is usually for a reason.

Jeff7

Lifer
Jan 4, 2001
Originally posted by: DangerAardvark
What the hell is a "pretentious beard". That's like saying Ron Jeremy has an "overbearing cock".
You know, one might say it wasn't really "overbearing," so much as it may have been "cocky." ;)

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Ronstang
Just remember that those who protest are always in the position of weakness....and that is usually for a reason.
Yeah, like that wimp Gandhi, or that sandal wearing, peace and love hippie Jesus -- talk about a pretentious beard! :confused:

Saint Michael

Golden Member
Aug 4, 2007
Originally posted by: DangerAardvark

Uh, I linked you a pic, what more do you need?

illusion88

Lifer
Oct 2, 2001
But But.. The petition is as radical as the Declaration of Independence, and it draws on that tradition in claiming a universal jurisdiction when governments fail to do what they're supposed to do... How could they be wrong :confused:

moshquerade

No Lifer
Nov 1, 2001

Absurd philosophy and self-righteous attitude that will potentially culminate in a petty symbolic act with little bearing on the course of world events while wasting plenty of people's time: of course.

have you ever been to Vermont? the smell of bleeding heart lefty wacko liberals is in the air.

i blame Ben & Jerry for it. :p

compman25

Diamond Member
Jan 12, 2006
Originally posted by: moshquerade

have you ever been to Vermont? the smell of bleeding heart lefty wacko liberals is in the air.

i blame Ben & Jerry for it. :p

I have, and I'll never go back.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Bush is a war criminal, Nuremberg Principle VI(a)(1). He should be arrested and brought to trial. Why attack a voice for justice?

Squisher

Lifer
Aug 17, 2000
Originally posted by: BoomerD

Snaps fingers in pretentious applause.

Squisher

Lifer
Aug 17, 2000
Originally posted by: ironwing
Bush is a war criminal, Nuremberg Principle VI(a)(1). He should be arrested and brought to trial. Why attack a voice for justice?
Originally posted by: Shawn
P&N
Originally posted by: electron
Forget P&N, we need a new forum for this. I recommend naming it "Cuckoo's Nest"

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
When I was a kid in Springfield, Mass (early 60's) the parents of one of my best friends were beatniks..."Wow daddy-o" they bore a pretty strong resemblance to the pic in the OP...

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
Daims has been circulating documents that claim the community acquires a "universal jurisdiction" to take such steps "when governments breach their highest duties."

"We have the full power to issue indictments, conduct trials, incarcerate offenders and do all other acts which Independent jurisdictions may of right do," the statement says.

Vermont Attorney General William Sorrell, a Democrat whose office has repeatedly sued the Bush administration over environmental issues, said the move was "of very dubious legality."

Are these "hippies" Constitutional legal geniuses?

No, just attention whoring boobs.

Fern