Hillary's lead over Bernie evaporating

Page 8 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

SP33Demon

Lifer
Jun 22, 2001
There is some snow in the forecast, will it be enough to save hillaryous from being berned alive?

mysticjbyrd

Golden Member
Oct 6, 2015
America falling apart is funny?

I can't wait for all of these corrupt politicians, and people that make excuses for them, to be at the bottom of landfills where they belong.
The world won't end if Shillary wins, it will just get progressively worse off.

I am honestly glad I only have a couple more decades left. It's going to get really ugly after that.

Shaun_Brannen

Jan 25, 2016
The world won't end if Shillary wins, it will just get progressively worse off.

I am honestly glad I only have a couple more decades left. It's going to get really ugly after that.
No it's not. It's going to get much better here, soon. The old establishment is on its way out. The market's going to crash at some point, which will lead to relative wealth redistribution.

All those religious nutjobs that poisoned this country will be dead. The future will be glorious.

glenn1

Lifer
Sep 6, 2000
No it's not. It's going to get much better here, soon. The old establishment is on its way out. The market's going to crash at some point, which will lead to relative wealth redistribution.

All those religious nutjobs that poisoned this country will be dead. The future will be glorious.

Yeah, but that distribution is going up not down.

mysticjbyrd

Golden Member
Oct 6, 2015

I wouldn't hold your breath. The establishment has the mindless drones dancing in their hands. They are still bickering over r vs d, and can't see it's corporatist + corporatist vs everyone else.

The market will crash again, but if Hillary is in office, it will be a repeat of 2008. Then the Republicans will take the potus. She will appoint thre corrupt jutices that will acclaim "infinite money in politics won't create even a hint of corruption"

Meanwhile, the boomers have already fucked everyone over. We won't be able to fix some of this for decades, and other things like' climate change can't be fixed anymore.

Last edited:

mysticjbyrd

Golden Member
Oct 6, 2015
The world is overpopulated by roughly 5 billion people. The next few decades will see climate change, mass food shortages, water shortages, the depletion of the easily accessible oil, etc...

Nov 8, 2012
Temporarily. The market crashing (and potential upcoming deflation) will shift things back towards your average American.

You think a market crashing will bring prosperity to the average american consumer?

Can I have what you're smoking?

Holy shit I didn't know intelligence could reach levels that low :eek:

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
The world is overpopulated by roughly 5 billion people. The next few decades will see climate change, mass food shortages, water shortages, the depletion of the easily accessible oil, etc...

Step away from the glaucoma treatment.

mysticjbyrd

Golden Member
Oct 6, 2015
Spoken like a religious twat that believes in infinite resources.

If everyone in the world had a eu standard of living, note the us is way above that, then the carrying capacity of the earth would be two billion.

Did you know we are even running out of fertile dirt, and the fertilizer that currently supplements our already stressed farmlands? If you think this doesn't apply to the US, you are wrong. The ogallala aquifer which supplies the breadbasket of America with water is rapidly depleting.

Last edited:

Spungo

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2012
That is funny. You poor thing you.
Most of the blame should go to the "Greatest Generation" that came before the boomers. The boomers were only 30 or younger when the de-industrialization of America started, and our manufacturing base was moved to China.
As always, not all Americans supported this move. Much like today, it was a situation where 51% wanted to destroy America and 49% did not want to destroy America, so it seems unfair to place blame on 100% of that generation.

I'm not sure who started the idea of having a "service economy" but they certainly deserve some kind of award for being either the smartest person ever (successfully selling a stupid idea) or the dumbest person ever (actually believing the idea). In simple terms, the theory is that a coal mining town could have all of the coal miners leave, and the town would continue to exist just because reason, or something. The service economy theory states that all manufacturing of things like microprocessors and industrial machines will go to China, but all of the engineering and research jobs related to those industries will stay in America for basically no reason whatsoever, and the economy will continue to grow while all we do is borrow money and sell houses to each other.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Most of the blame should go to the "Greatest Generation" that came before the boomers. The boomers were only 30 or younger when the de-industrialization of America started, and our manufacturing base was moved to China.
As always, not all Americans supported this move. Much like today, it was a situation where 51% wanted to destroy America and 49% did not want to destroy America, so it seems unfair to place blame on 100% of that generation.

I'm not sure who started the idea of having a "service economy" but they certainly deserve some kind of award for being either the smartest person ever (successfully selling a stupid idea) or the dumbest person ever (actually believing the idea). In simple terms, the theory is that a coal mining town could have all of the coal miners leave, and the town would continue to exist just because reason, or something. The service economy theory states that all manufacturing of things like microprocessors and industrial machines will go to China, but all of the engineering and research jobs related to those industries will stay in America for basically no reason whatsoever, and the economy will continue to grow while all we do is borrow money and sell houses to each other.

No the blame pretty much lies with the boomers. Their voting presence has pretty much led to the shit policies we have today or are still dealing with. They are the "me" generation and continue to be the "shortsighted" generation.

Sonikku

Lifer
Jun 23, 2005
Temporarily. The market crashing (and potential upcoming deflation) will shift things back towards your average American.

The elite tend to fix the tables in such a way that they win no matter which way the chips land. When things go sour they will be the last to feel the pinch and the first to bounce back.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
:D +1

Well said. The left's answer is that we'll borrow our way to prosperity. The right's answer is screw your uppity ass for questioning our authority.

The elite tend to fix the tables in such a way that they win no matter which way the chips land. When things go sour they will be the last to feel the pinch and the first to bounce back.
This is true. While a crash hurts them, it is also an opportunity to pick up valuable assets at garage sale prices, so when things do recover they are better off than ever. The average Joe (to a great extent, due to intentional choices) tends to have very few choices or opportunities when everything goes south.

mysticjbyrd

Golden Member
Oct 6, 2015
No the blame pretty much lies with the boomers. Their voting presence has pretty much led to the shit policies we have today or are still dealing with. They are the "me" generation and continue to be the "shortsighted" generation.

They are both to blame!

I swear, I think it would better if old people couldn't vote. They 'figured' everything out thirty years ago, and vehemently reject new information. They aren't even just poorly informed, they are also misinformed. Cough Faux News Cough

Last edited:

crashtech

Lifer
Jan 4, 2013
How about an IQ test administered by the parties currently out of power at any given election?

MongGrel

Lifer
Dec 3, 2013

Yeah, right :p

Like that is what happened only in the last couple decades everytime things have went south.

D:

You have to be really young, but I've said that before I guess.

Dwight pretty much left office and said it all in his farewell speech, things have just went progressively went that route ever since, and just have spread into other areas with deregulation of banking and expansion of corporate rights.

Not like this hasn't been posted before, but WTH. Short version.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8y06NSBBRtY

Last edited:

Sonikku

Lifer
Jun 23, 2005
Yeah, right :p

Like that is what happened only in the last couple decades everytime things have went south.

D:

You have to be really young, but I've said that before I guess.

Dwight pretty much left office and said it all in his farewell speech, things have just went progressively went that route ever since, and just have spread into other areas with deregulation of banking and expansion of corporate rights.

Not like this hasn't been posted before, but WTH. Short version.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8y06NSBBRtY

-Warns of military industrial complex.

-Plots coup of Iran that is later used as a sticking point for more military.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
Well.... Isn't it the Boomers that were the parents of Millennials ? :D

Sorry, you definitely get some blame for producing a generation of entitled brats ;)

Sorry, but No I do not. My son would fall into the Generation X area and was properly taught to work for what he gets.