Hillary's Latest Delusion: It's Obama's Fault

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
how is it *not* obama's fault?

people are voting for one over the other.

as it concerns the RFK remarks, it seems like it's the Obama camp pushing it into blowing it up into a story, just like they did with Bill Clinton's "fairy tale" comment.

ericlp

Diamond Member
Dec 24, 2000
Yeah, I know Obama told her to say that in her speech.... I guess he forced it upon her ... maybe in a private telephone call just before she said it? Sheesh....

sprok

Mar 10, 2008
I guess Terry's grief is that Obama's campaign is pushing the story while having the man put up a magnanimous facade.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
well, obviously, in hillary's mind, she can't blame herself for her misfortunes. nor can she blame her loyal and misguided campaign staff, as they are all of the same mindset.

it's obviously obama's fault for runnning a smart well-oiled campaign that took nothing for granted and everything for its possibilities from the get-go.

sour grapes? more like obsessive fixation on the one person that's personally responsible for jacking her ride to the top and ruining her chances of being the most powerful alpha female of all time. the sting of defeat is even worse for her as she assumed....no, she knew she had a lock on the nomination and she knew the repubs are backed up against the ropes and primed for getting clocked with a knock-out haymaker delivered by her hand this election cycle.

all she needs to accept is the fact that she is personally responsible for her imminent failure, publicly admit it and then the mending process can begin in earnest.

if she is hoping for the best - that obama somehow drops out or drops dead before or after he gets the presidency - then she should be swallowing her pride at the moment and kissing up to obama to get the veep's slot where she can still cling to that hope for another four or eight years.

if she could just bite her lip and sit on her hands like she did when bill and monica had their minute in the spotlight of shame, i'm sure she could do the same to keep her chances alive to get "her" "rightful claim" to ascendancy back on track.

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I can see why Hillary would be so upset by this. It's not like she would ever stoop to blowing issues out of proportion just to win a political campaign. I definitely think she's in the Wright here.

Slick5150

Diamond Member
Nov 10, 2001
Originally posted by: loki8481
how is it *not* obama's fault?

people are voting for one over the other.

as it concerns the RFK remarks, it seems like it's the Obama camp pushing it into blowing it up into a story, just like they did with Bill Clinton's "fairy tale" comment.

Then why did Obama defend her remarks? He basically said its a long campaign and everyone is going to say something along the way that's going to come out in a way it wasn't intended. That doesn't sound like Obama trying to "blow it up" into a story, it sounds like him defusing it.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
Oh well, the Clinton camp is fast running out of excuses and this one is as implausible as the next. I shall have to remember that next time I see someone do something totally repulsive. After all, if no one took offense, it really would not matter.

And its the last few seconds in a very close game, team Hillary has no way to even the score before time runs out. End of story, now Hillary can get the congratulations for running a close second or she can lose ugly by being a cry baby.

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
Its the fault of the sexist liberal MSM, who is totally in the tank for Obama, who is pushing this vast right wing conspiracy because the DNC is trying to rob Florida and Michigan of their constitutionally protected right to vote in the primaries as it proves she is the more electable candidate amongst the hard working whites who will determine the election in Nov.

RKDaley

Oct 27, 2007
This is ridiculous.
Axelrod attributed it to a gaffe, said the issue is done and says they're not going to spend days dwelling on it.
Sen. Obama says he took Hillary at her word that she did not intend to offend.

I think the media and others are (right or wrongfully) making an issue of this. I think to publicly blame Obama's camp is a mistake and could further divide the party. I really wish someone would muzzle Terry if he is making these comments without authorization. And if Hillary is relaying these comments through him, I think she should stop.

RaistlinZ

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 2001
Hillary has all but assured herself of not getting the V.P. slot. The way she has conducted herself throughout this campaing, but especially lately, shows that she is a person who lacks character. I really don't think the Obama camp wants anything to do with her, and she does not deserve the nomination no matter how much she is entitled to it.

How in the world can someone with her name recognistion, fame, and background go from being the clear favorite in the beginning to being so far behind to a guy who has largely unknown by most people just two years ago? The one good thing about a long campaign is that it pulls out a person's true colors into the spotlight.

palehorse

Lifer
Dec 21, 2005
Originally posted by: Lemon law
Oh well, the Clinton camp is fast running out of excuses and this one is as implausible as the next. I shall have to remember that next time I see someone do something totally repulsive. After all, if no one took offense, it really would not matter.

And its the last few seconds in a very close game, team Hillary has no way to even the score before time runs out. End of story, now Hillary can get the congratulations for running a close second or she can lose ugly by being a cry baby.

another one of those rare occasion when we agree completely.

scary, isn't it!? ;)

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
Originally posted by: RKDaley
This is ridiculous.
Axelrod attributed it to a gaffe, said the issue is done and says they're not going to spend days dwelling on it.
Sen. Obama says he took Hillary at her word that she did not intend to offend.

I think the media and others are (right or wrongfully) making an issue of this. I think to publicly blame Obama's camp is a mistake and could further divide the party. I really wish someone would muzzle Terry if he is making these comments without authorization. And if Hillary is relaying these comments through him, I think she should stop.

Howard Wolfson (Hill's communications director) backed up Terry McCrowLaugh's statements on Face the Nation on Sunday.

He goes on to blame the media and Obama's camp for hyping the issue, and they don't deserve an apology, and they were "regretful" is someone misinterpreted Hillary's words.
When asked if its sounds like a non-apology apology, and just blaming others for taking it wrong, Wolfson said "no and that Terry was "absolutely right" in his statements regarding Obama.

Schieffer was just like..."Um ok,....wtf....moving on.."