Hillary: "Trump’s supporters... racist, sexist, homophobic xenophobic, Islamaphobic—you name it.

Page 18 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
It's premature to spike anything, but this is part of Clinton's problem...an utter lack of authenticity. It sometimes feels that her every tweet, every debate response and every statement has gone through a ringer of focus groups and market testing, with an army of surrogates at the ready to field test ideas. She is the Nickleback of politics.

As opposed to the hair of Cheeto Jesus & the authenticity of Birtherism? Trump U? The policy positions that shift faster than the Media can report them?

Do troll on...

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
As opposed to the hair of Cheeto Jesus & the authenticity of Birtherism? Trump U? The policy positions that shift faster than the Media can report them?

Do troll on...
I don't defend Trump for any of those things. I am starting from a position of Trump as an unacceptable candidate. Doesn't mean Clinton is beyond criticism or reproach. Do cheerlead on...

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
I don't defend Trump for any of those things. I am starting from a position of Trump as an unacceptable candidate. Doesn't mean Clinton is beyond criticism or reproach. Do cheerlead on...

If Trump is unacceptable, why tear down his opponent if not to make him look better in comparison?

CitizenKain

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2000
Funny as you leftys may think that was, it is obvious at this point that this was the single biggest mistake of Hillary's campaign.

vEsL6se.jpg

les-deplorables_1.jpg

518DniKfO+L._AC_US240_QL65_.jpg

Proud to be a ignorant racist. What a thing. Guess when you are a failure at life you have to be proud of something.

Her biggest mistake was apologizing for it. Most of Trump's fans are worthless trash and they deserve to be called out on it and shamed at every opportunity.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Proud to be a ignorant racist. What a thing. Guess when you are a failure at life you have to be proud of something.

Her biggest mistake was apologizing for it. Most of Trump's fans are worthless trash and they deserve to be called out on it and shamed at every opportunity.

She doesn't apologize for calling them that, she apologized for saying how many there were.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
She doesn't apologize for calling them that, she apologized for saying how many there were.

Which set off tangential avoidance into things like "is 60 between 60 and 100?" "How does she know it's half?" & blah, blah, blah.

It's there. It's real. It's substantial. It's deplorable whether those so afflicted see it that way or not.

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
If Trump is unacceptable, why tear down his opponent if not to make him look better in comparison?
Because some of us warned that Clinton would be vulnerable to Trump and that actually starting to happen...there is no reason after the DNC that Trump should be surging...but its not too late for her to "step down", her health being a convenient excuse

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
This is an Event Horizon election. Electing Trump would going into a black hole, with no chance of return. It would do permanent institutional damage to the US domestically and permanently diminish our standing abroad.

MongGrel

Lifer
Dec 3, 2013
Because some of us warned that Clinton would be vulnerable to Trump and that actually starting to happen...there is no reason after the DNC that Trump should be surging...but its not too late for her to "step down", her health being a convenient excuse

Where is he "surging" at currently ?

He's sliding again the last I saw.

This has been posted before, but the whole thread seemed borked to me, it jumped all over.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQueaSlvjCw#t=351.329388

He has even hinted Hillary should be assassinated again.

http://www.bbc.com/news/election-us-2016-37394883

agent00f

Lifer
Jun 9, 2016

I wouldn't say she's particularly vulnerable when it's basically the same people voting for trump as did for romney or mccain or bush et al. It's nearly certain they'd vote for a Kutcher/Steve-O confederacy/hood ticket, too.

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
I don't think the US would plummet into the void if Trump is elected, but he's going to disappoint many of his followers pretty quickly.

First: many of his tentpole promises won't happen. The wall won't be built; there won't be a blanket ban on Muslims entering the US; ISIS won't be defeated 30 days after Trump takes office. His devotees forget that many of these policies require Congressional approval, and even many in the Republican party oppose Trump's ideas. And defeating ISIS in 30 days would require a full-scale land invasion, which itself isn't guaranteed to work. You try telling Syria, Iraq and Turkey that they're going to have tens or hundreds of thousands of US soldiers on their soil, and that they just have to be quiet about it. It's patently clear that Trump doesn't know how politics work.

The other big concern: it's known that Trump would be little more than a figurehead. He'd meet foreign leaders and attend events (those build his brand, which is all he cares about), but Kasich has confirmed that the VP is the one who'd be calling the shots in a Trump administration. And that's worrying. Remember how Bush Jr. was effectively a puppet for neoconservatives looking for excuses to go to war and turn back the clock on civil rights? Trump would be like that. Not that Pence is about to lie and manipulate evidence to invade a country, but you're not really electing Trump, are you?

The real question is how Trump will fail if elected. Most likely, he'd get poor popularity ratings, cost the Republicans their House advantage and lead to a rout in 2020. However, that's assuming he doesn't do anything particularly reckless. Given how hot-tempered Trump is, and how eagerly he lies even when it's easy to prove him wrong, I wouldn't be surprised if there are incidents that prompt a premature exit from office... say, a diplomatic row, a clearly illegal lie or repeated demonstrations of instability. I can't help but picture him screaming at officials when they tell him no, you can't nuke China simply because they won't accept your trade deal.

Reactions: MongGrel

agent00f

Lifer
Jun 9, 2016
I don't think the US would plummet into the void if Trump is elected, but he's going to disappoint many of his followers pretty quickly.

First: many of his tentpole promises won't happen. The wall won't be built; there won't be a blanket ban on Muslims entering the US; ISIS won't be defeated 30 days after Trump takes office. His devotees forget that many of these policies require Congressional approval, and even many in the Republican party oppose Trump's ideas. And defeating ISIS in 30 days would require a full-scale land invasion, which itself isn't guaranteed to work. You try telling Syria, Iraq and Turkey that they're going to have tens or hundreds of thousands of US soldiers on their soil, and that they just have to be quiet about it. It's patently clear that Trump doesn't know how politics work.

The other big concern: it's known that Trump would be little more than a figurehead. He'd meet foreign leaders and attend events (those build his brand, which is all he cares about), but Kasich has confirmed that the VP is the one who'd be calling the shots in a Trump administration. And that's worrying. Remember how Bush Jr. was effectively a puppet for neoconservatives looking for excuses to go to war and turn back the clock on civil rights? Trump would be like that. Not that Pence is about to lie and manipulate evidence to invade a country, but you're not really electing Trump, are you?

The real question is how Trump will fail if elected. Most likely, he'd get poor popularity ratings, cost the Republicans their House advantage and lead to a rout in 2020. However, that's assuming he doesn't do anything particularly reckless. Given how hot-tempered Trump is, and how eagerly he lies even when it's easy to prove him wrong, I wouldn't be surprised if there are incidents that prompt a premature exit from office... say, a diplomatic row, a clearly illegal lie or repeated demonstrations of instability. I can't help but picture him screaming at officials when they tell him no, you can't nuke China simply because they won't accept your trade deal.

Frankly they don't really care what he does (or the few that do believes whatever those blogs that get linked here say anyway), they're just happy someone kicked over that rock they've been put under all these years.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

That won't happen. What about the reality of what you're doing, which is tearing her down continuously for the benefit of Trump?

agent00f

Lifer
Jun 9, 2016
That won't happen. What about the reality of what you're doing, which is tearing her down continuously for the benefit of Trump?

Don't be silly, he's not like the dummy conservatives that just parrot the party propaganda.

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
I wouldn't say she's particularly vulnerable when it's basically the same people voting for trump as did for romney or mccain or bush et al. It's nearly certain they'd vote for a Kutcher/Steve-O confederacy/hood ticket, too.
I think its more the concern of people breaking for Johnson or Stein. I live in a blue state that was absolutely canvased with Obama signs. I rarely if ever see a Hillary sign. I see more Sanders than Clinton bumper sticker. The blue collar union guys I work with are not shy in their support of Trump. I am talking stickers on lunch boxes and bumper sticker levels of support. She is vulnerable.

agent00f

Lifer
Jun 9, 2016
I think its more the concern of people breaking for Johnson or Stein. I live in a blue state that was absolutely canvased with Obama signs. I rarely if ever see a Hillary sign. I see more Sanders than Clinton bumper sticker. The blue collar union guys I work with are not shy in their support of Trump. I am talking stickers on lunch boxes and bumper sticker levels of support. She is vulnerable.

Why are you so "concerned" about this considering you pretty much hate her anyway?

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
People never think that the demagogue they support is going to take their country into the void. Otherwise why would they support him? But it happens with countries. Look at Turkey, one blowhard took it from hero to zero with demagoguery and popular support. Or Venezuela, or Russia, or Philippines, and that's just recent history. The voters have a responsibility to filter people like Trump, or democracy ceases to function properly.