Hillary: "Trump’s supporters... racist, sexist, homophobic xenophobic, Islamaphobic—you name it.

Page 17 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
what you have there is an outlier. a pretty hardcore outlier, aiming for the bigger picture rather than attacking Trump supporters for their deplorable agenda. glad he was stopped but there is nothing that is overall as consistent like the vitriol racist, bigoted and xenophobic cat-calls documented amongst Trumpists. consistency is key in any race.

It's not like Trump brings out the best in people or that he even tries. Quite the contrary.

Painman

Diamond Member
Feb 27, 2000
You do not seem to keep up with even dated current events, but that is no surprise really.

Go educate yourself a little and try again.

What, you mean someone on this forum finally cares enough about me to try to craft a narrative?

<3

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
Being a racist is pretty meaningless if your group doesn't have any power over the group that you're prejudging. I mean, it's not good for anyone to be a racist, but impotent racism seems like something you only quibble about when you're part of the power-having group and trying to paint the "others" as just as bad to abdicate responsibility for those who are actively racist in that dominant group.

Keep in mind that power is the key factor, not numbers.
This is going to shock you, but some of us care about individuals, not groups. Racists can make things damned unpleasant for individuals regardless of whether they have any power over some necessarily contrived grouping that includes those individuals.

jackstar7

Lifer
Jun 26, 2009
This is going to shock you, but some of us care about individuals, not groups. Racists can make things damned unpleasant for individuals regardless of whether they have any power over some necessarily contrived grouping that includes those individuals.
What you just stated has no bearing on what I was talking about. I am not shocked by what you just stated at all though. To imply there are people who don't care about individuals... I mean... it's not shocking, but it remains dumbfounding.

IGBT

Lifer
Jul 16, 2001
Nope. Just me. Don't have time for alts. You are anti-intellectual and a coward.

Gawd..that's like a whore filing rape charges after the check bounced...depth of intellect is hardly your strong suit.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

This is going to shock you, but the power differential of institutional racism makes that even worse.

shady28

Platinum Member
Apr 11, 2004

Funny as you leftys may think that was, it is obvious at this point that this was the single biggest mistake of Hillary's campaign.

vEsL6se.jpg

les-deplorables_1.jpg

518DniKfO+L._AC_US240_QL65_.jpg

Reactions: 0roo0roo

DrDoug

Diamond Member
Jan 16, 2014
Funny as you leftys may think that was, it is obvious at this point that this was the single biggest mistake of Hillary's campaign.
[/images that make racists happy]

I'm no lefty but please, proceed...lol! It pleases you so embrace it because it's who you are. Anyone who has paid a tiny bit of attention knows that conservatives will rush to embrace whatever a Democrat is against, even if it's a name that describes a large number of them as being misogynistic, racist, Islamophobic and homophobic. You can bet your ass that Hillary knew exactly what she was saying when she said it, thus her not later retracting it. Her message wasn't aimed at the deplorables because there's no shaming people like that, you know it and she knows it too. It was aimed at everyone else, especially those who aren't paying a lot of attention to the race. You can bet Hillary knew that you morons would rush to embrace it, just as a whole bunch of people start to pay attention. Now let's watch you idiots act out in support of Trump while more people are paying attention to see if they might supporting a man who is courting white supremacists and other assorted vermin.

Go ahead and count your chickens now, this was a calculated move on her part so we'll see how this turns out this November. :)

Reactions: MongGrel

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
I'm no lefty but please, proceed...lol! It pleases you so embrace it because it's who you are. Anyone who has paid a tiny bit of attention knows that conservatives will rush to embrace whatever a Democrat is against, even if it's a name that describes a large number of them as being misogynistic, racist, Islamophobic and homophobic. You can bet your ass that Hillary knew exactly what she was saying when she said it, thus her not later retracting it. Her message wasn't aimed at the deplorables because there's no shaming people like that, you know it and she knows it too. It was aimed at everyone else, especially those who aren't paying a lot of attention to the race. You can bet Hillary knew that you morons would rush to embrace it, just as a whole bunch of people start to pay attention. Now let's watch you idiots act out in support of Trump while more people are paying attention to see if they might supporting a man who is courting white supremacists and other assorted vermin.

Go ahead and count your chickens now, this was a calculated move on her part so we'll see how this turns out this November. :)

It was a reminder to decent people that we're all judged by the company we keep.

Ranger Rick

Sep 16, 2016
Ah, so Hillary took her mask off and the brain dead eat it up. Just think, under a Hillary presidency you may not have to read my posts anymore. What a clean and sanitary world it will be. One step closer to utopia or maybe "final solution" would be more appropriate?

Look at this lost soul. Sad little man afraid of living in a better world.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
http://www.mediaite.com/online/jour...umenthal-once-spread-the-birther-rumor-to-me/

If hillary is talking..she's lying.

Journalist Says That Clinton Ally Blumenthal Once ‘Spread the Birther Rumor to Me’

Asher claims that longtime Clinton ally Sidney Blumenthal told him about it and asked him to look into it:
CNN has been trying to get confirmation from this journalist. Nothing yet so keep your pants on. And even if they do SB was not working on the Clinton campaign and she rejected the idea.

shady28

Platinum Member
Apr 11, 2004

A calculated move, ROFL!

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000

vEsL6se.jpg

les-deplorables_1.jpg

518DniKfO+L._AC_US240_QL65_.jpg

Gotta love it! Do you see how easy of a mark you idiots are? You guys are so happy to give your money away that it's almost too easy to make money selling bubble dweller shit.

Lol and you guys are too dumb to even notice!

DrDoug

Diamond Member
Jan 16, 2014
A calculated move, ROFL!

You do know that the Clinton campaign isn't run like the Trump campaign, right? :D

Right or wrong, an experienced politician doesn't just utter shit without some consideration as to the consequences. Kind of like a good lawyer at trial doesn't ask questions that they don't already know the answer(s) to. You're banking on her calling out racists as a win and I'm saying that we will see this fall, won't we?

So go ahead and keep spiking the football and declaring your win.

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
You do know that the Clinton campaign isn't run like the Trump campaign, right? :D

Right or wrong, an experienced politician doesn't just utter shit without some consideration as to the consequences. Kind of like a good lawyer at trial doesn't ask questions that they don't already know the answer(s) to. You're banking on her calling out racists as a win and I'm saying that we will see this fall, won't we?

So go ahead and keep spiking the football and declaring your win.
It's premature to spike anything, but this is part of Clinton's problem...an utter lack of authenticity. It sometimes feels that her every tweet, every debate response and every statement has gone through a ringer of focus groups and market testing, with an army of surrogates at the ready to field test ideas. She is the Nickleback of politics.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
George W Bush was authentic. Look where that got us.

When your party is shit, you tend to lower the bar so that who ever your team captains put up as the new leader you justify it any way you can. It's why trumps ability to read off of a teleprompter is now considered presidential among his supporters.

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
Authentic Reagan, took middle class prosperity, gave it to the rich, still waiting for trickle down to start working.
Authentic Bush 1, reading them lips.
Athentic Bush 2, Thousands of Americans killed on 9/11 and war started on falsehoods. SCOTUS corrupted. More middle class prosperity given to the rich, still no trickle down.
Hey, I have an idea, let's try Authentic Trump. Because it's definitely going to work this time.

DrDoug

Diamond Member
Jan 16, 2014
It's premature to spike anything, but this is part of Clinton's problem...an utter lack of authenticity. It sometimes feels that her every tweet, every debate response and every statement has gone through a ringer of focus groups and market testing, with an army of surrogates at the ready to field test ideas. She is the Nickleback of politics.

I agree, she is just slightly more enthusiastic than Joe Lieberman. :D I'm sure that she knows that too, thus the move to call out Trump (it's definitely not typical to charge courting racists). It remains to be seen if it has any effect but judging from what I am seeing, it is. What's really sad for me to see is that an ignorant asshole like Trump could elicit so much support in our country. One thing is for sure; the Republican party built that support for Trump by saying the things they have been saying over the years and not delivering the 'goods' to the kind of people they courted. It's sad reading the deep denial of the few conservatives who have not jumped on the Trump train. They are blaming this on Trump and the Democrats, not themselves for welcoming the past support of the people who are now supporting Trump.

Because it's never their fault. Never.