mflacy

Golden Member
Aug 8, 2001
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics...tory?id=4996520&page=1

Clinton to Concede Race to Obama Friday
Former First Lady Prepares to End Historic Presidential Bid Friday
By KATE SNOW, ELOISE HARPER, SUNLEN MILLER and JENNIFER PARKER

June 4, 2008 ?

Sen. Hillary Clinton said this afternoon on a conference call with supporters that she will appear alongside her supporters on Friday and drop out of the presidential race, Democratic sources tell ABC News' Kate Snow.

Despite the settled delegate math  Obama needed 2,118 delegates to win and has 2,166 to Clinton's 1919, according to ABC News' delegate scorecard,  Clinton had said she will take a few days to think about her next move.

But some of her most loyal backers have begun to publicly urge her to exit the race and unify the Democratic Party behind Obama.

"Unless she has some good reasons  which I can't think of  I really think we ought to get on with endorsements [of Obama] and dealing with what we have to deal with & so we can move forward," New York Congressman Charlie Rangel told ABC News' Kate Snow.

Clinton made an emotional visit to her staff at her campaign headquarters in Arlington, Va.  just after most of them had been told they would no longer have to report to work after Friday.

However Clinton has not told her staff if and when she will officially concede the race to Sen. Barack Obama.

"She is listening. Nothing set," a senior Clinton adviser told ABC News' Kate Snow.

The Clinton adviser said the candidate spoke to staff and with her core team, and then talked to groups of superdelegates.

A campaign staff member who was in the room said Clinton invited all of her campaign staff to come to her Washington, D.C., home on Friday.

Before Clinton arrived, the staff was told that they would be paid through June 15th.

But the bulk of the people working for her campaign were told their last day of work would be Friday. Another source who was not in the room but heard about the visit said junior staffers were emotional and some were crying.

As Clinton left her headquarters, she waved to cameras outside.

Carbo

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2000
Thank God! She's starting to smell like four day old fish at this point. Go home, already, and take that dope of a husband with you.

Buck Armstrong

Platinum Member
Dec 17, 2004
"However Clinton has not told her staff if and when she will officially concede the race to Sen. Barack Obama."

I love this part. IF and WHEN she will concede. What's she going to do, just pretend she's still running for the nomination for the next four years? Keep giving speeches and interviews about how she's winning the popular vote and not harming the party?

I'm sure she'd lose some funding once the general election is over and the next president is sworn in.

b0mbrman

Lifer
Jun 1, 2001
Originally posted by: Carbo
Thank God! She's starting to smell like four day old fish at this point. Go home, already, and take that dope of a husband with you.

I'm confused. In the thread you started, you were a Hillary supporter (like me). Why the ill words here?

I'm tapping my sarcasm meter here, friend

Carbo

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2000
Originally posted by: b0mbrman

I'm confused. In the thread you started, you were a Hillary supporter (like me). Why the ill words here?

I'm tapping my sarcasm meter here, friend
I've changed. ;)

Stoneburner

Diamond Member
May 29, 2003
I'll believe it when I see it. She'll probably announce she has made no decision and milk the attention as long as possible.

mflacy

Golden Member
Aug 8, 2001
Holy Fvck, now they are saying she's only going to suspend her campaign.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
Originally posted by: mflacy
Holy Fvck, now they are saying she's only going to suspend her campaign.

nothing really abnormal about that, it's what everyone's done so far.

mflacy

Golden Member
Aug 8, 2001
I misheard the newscaster. It's a package deal, suspension and concession / endorsement; not one or the other.

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002

Is that sexist or are we not supposed to talk about it?

woodie1

Diamond Member
Mar 7, 2000
There's a lot of time left for her to change her mind again and again and again .... As has been posted, I'll believe it when I see it.