Hillary tanks post debate

ProfJohn

Lifer
Jul 28, 2006
Some where around here is a Hillary supporter who claimed that Hillary?s bad debate performance had not affected her polling.

Well it looks like that is no longer true. Hillary has tanked post debate.

In the latest poll she had her LOWEST support level of ANY Rasmussen poll for the year.
She went from a 23 point lead to a 16 point lead, in New Hampshire.

A WNBC/Marist Poll shows her national support falling from 52% to 43%.
A CNN poll shows her dropping from a 51 to 44%.

Take away the gender gap and Hillary is tied with Obama. If I was in the Obama campaign I would aim at the female vote with the message ?Hillary may be a female, but she is not a female like you.?
Clinton down following debate, polls find
Election 2008: New Hampshire Democratic Primary

OutHouse

Lifer
Jun 5, 2000
it also went down when she said she supported the NY governor for giving illegals drivers license.

techs

Lifer
Sep 26, 2000
Actually she has only dropped 3 percent from her lowest in the Rasmussen poll. Within the margin of error.

Some SHOCKINGLY POSITIVE NEWS FOR CLINTON IS THIS FROM THE LINK:
Among New Hampshire?s Likely Voters, 72% now offer a positive assessment of the frontrunner(CLINTON)

conehead433

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 2002
I'm clueless as to how anyone supports her. She repeatedly takes both sides of every issue out there. But then again G.W. Bush was elected not once but twice. Go figure.

Harvey

Administrator<br>Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Thanks for the good news, PJ. After the multiple tragedies wreaked on this nation by the Bushwhacko criminals, we need a candidate that's few cuts above Hillary's dodge and weave evasiveness.

Fortunately, the Democrats have several, including Edwards, Obama, Biden and Kucinich. Republicans have none.

OutHouse

Lifer
Jun 5, 2000
Originally posted by: conehead433
I'm clueless as to how anyone supports her. She repeatedly takes both sides of every issue out there. But then again G.W. Bush was elected not once but twice. Go figure.

easy, playing the sexist card. "if you are a woman and dont vote for Hillary, you are going to stay oppressed"

ProfJohn

Lifer
Jul 28, 2006
Harvey, I would much rather see Obama than Hillary.

Although I don't think he has the experience to be President.

ProfJohn

Lifer
Jul 28, 2006
Originally posted by: techs
Actually she has only dropped 3 percent from her lowest in the Rasmussen poll. Within the margin of error.

Some SHOCKINGLY POSITIVE NEWS FOR CLINTON IS THIS FROM THE LINK:
Among New Hampshire?s Likely Voters, 72% now offer a positive assessment of the frontrunner(CLINTON)
Read the bolded part, ignore the rest.

At a time in which she should be going UP as people pick a candidate Hillary is going down, not good news at all.

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
Fine by me. Hillary needs to lower expectations a bit now. Then she can claim to be the "come back kid" again. :D

RKDaley

Oct 27, 2007
Originally posted by: ProfJohn
Harvey, I would much rather see Obama than Hillary.
Why?

Originally posted by: ProfJohn
At a time in which she should be going UP as people pick a candidate Hillary is going down, not good news at all.
Not good news for who?
You?

palehorse

Lifer
Dec 21, 2005
Originally posted by: manowar821
Good, more room for Obama!
QFT! I really hope this keeps up... I happen to like Obama, but Hillary is a wench of the worst kind!

daveymark

Lifer
Sep 15, 2003
this is bad news for repubs, as she would be beaten into the ground by any republican were she to win the primaries

it's good news for the political process as a whole

Obama needs to start outlining what he would do to change things, all he does is cry for change, but never specifies what specifically he would do

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
the nice thing about the democratic field is that most of us would be happy with either of the top candidates :thumbsup:

I've been leaning back towards Obama myself.

alchemize

Lifer
Mar 24, 2000
Originally posted by: Harvey
Thanks for the good news, PJ. After the multiple tragedies wreaked on this nation by the Bushwhacko criminals, we need a candidate that's few cuts above Hillary's dodge and weave evasiveness.

Fortunately, the Democrats have several, including Edwards, Obama, Biden and Kucinich. Republicans have none.

Kucinich is a moonbat.
If you looked up "sleazy lawyer" in the dictionary, you'd see Edwards picture, with a "see also: sleazy politician".

I'm good with Obama, don't know much about Biden.

Republicans have Ron Paul, as fringe as Kucinich but more likely to shake up the party which is good. Thompson is pretty solid on his conservative credentials, please refrain from ChattyCathy-ing your stupid "bbbbut Nixon" crap again. As is Huckabee but he's a dark horse.

Overall I would love to see anyone but Hillary, as I'd rather not have yet another partisan split presidential race, but rather one that speaks to the issues. Probably it's better for the Dems since Billary would completely motivate the GOP base, but I don't really care.

I would like to get some tips from Hillary on how I can turn my $1,000 into $100,000 in 10 months however :)

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: daveymark
this is bad news for repubs, as she would be beaten into the ground by any republican were she to win the primaries
Nah I think she'd wipe the floor with either 9-11 or Romney. The others are even a bigger joke.

jonks

Lifer
Feb 7, 2005
Originally posted by: palehorse74
QFT! I really hope this keeps up... I happen to like Obama, but Hillary is a wench of the worst kind!

Yes, you've made your desire to rape her with a glass covered bat clear in the past.

Others here claim Hillary is playing the gender card, but referring to her in a derogatory manner using female specific slurs as you do above only adds justification to their reasoning, no?

Pabster

Lifer
Apr 15, 2001
She's a sinking ship, no doubt about it.

Her "inevitability" seems less and less each passing day.

If Obama knocks her off in Iowa, she could very well be sent packing.

Sinsear

Diamond Member
Jan 13, 2007
Originally posted by: Pabster
She's a sinking ship, no doubt about it.

Her "inevitability" seems less and less each passing day.

If Obama knocks her off in Iowa, she could very well be sent packing.

We could only be so lucky.

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
The critism of her refusing to take a position, and talking double-speak seems to be sticking. And the "story" seems to have legs.

Personally, I'm glad this has all occurred in the context of the illegal immigration issue. It's my #1 issue and I think this helps bring it to the fore. Lately I've been dismayed to see issue oriented polls that don't even mention illegal immigration.

Judging by the Letters to The Editor section of the local paper, and other stories in the media like the Oklahoma anti-illegal immigration this is a bigger issue than the MSM thinks.

I suspect that the next few Dem debates will be interesting. Depending on the sponsor, HRC may start being forcefully pressed to take stances on issues. How she responds will quite important IMO.

To many of us, it seems that the MSM and many Dems want to award her the Presidency as if she's somehow due it.

If they somehow allow her to get the Dem nomination without taking stances on difficult issues I believe it will lead to problems in the general election. I don't think that the Repubs will give her a pass, and positions revealed then could end up turning off independant voters.

In spite of what polling says now, things are really in a state of flux IMO. I believe large numbers of voters don't decide until the last minute. Her support could erode quickly if positions aren't revealed at all, or until late in the game.

Fern

palehorse

Lifer
Dec 21, 2005
Originally posted by: sirjonk
Originally posted by: palehorse74

Yes, you've made your desire to rape her with a glass covered bat clear in the past.

Others here claim Hillary is playing the gender card, but referring to her in a derogatory manner using female specific slurs as you do above only adds justification to their reasoning, no?
ok, i'll go gender-neutral with my feelings about Hillary: She's the fvcking devil.