Hillary should hold a gun to their heads

amdforever2

Golden Member
Sep 19, 2002
As in, give me the nomination, or I'll run as an independent.

Seriously.

Just her name being on the ballot would sink Obama.

She wouldn't even have to spend a dime.

And what is up with all the betrayals of the Clintons?

They gave Bill Richardson major career boosters and saved Ted Kennedy from Romney taking his senate seat many years ago.

If Obama wants a war, she should give them one.

Surely they wouldn't dare provoke her into running independent if she were to threaten it, right?

JS80

Lifer
Oct 24, 2005
Originally posted by: amdforever2

Seriously.

They gave Bill Richardson major career boosters and saved Ted Kennedy from Romney taking his senate seat many years ago.

Surely they wouldn't dare provoke her into running independent if she were to threaten it, right?

Is it so surprising that politicians serve for their own self interest?

NoStateofMind

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2005
Originally posted by: JS80

Seriously.

Is it so surprising that politicians serve for their own self interest?

Fixed. :)

Self interest would be running 3rd party, which insane. Clinton Independent? LAWL

miketheidiot

Lifer
Sep 3, 2004

Seriously.

blackmail, political favoritism, guilt trips, hackery... all the qualities i like in my politicians.

Exterous

Super Moderator
Jun 20, 2006
Originally posted by: miketheidiot

Seriously.

blackmail, political favoritism, guilt trips, hackery... all the qualities i like in my politicians.

Thats why we like all politicians

Harvey

Administrator<br>Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999

Seriously.

She'd be laughed off the planet... and good riddance.

Sinsear

Diamond Member
Jan 13, 2007
LOL; if she ran as an independent I think she would meet the mob. And they would be quite angry. For the record, I fully endorse an independent run by Hillary.

spittledip

Diamond Member
Apr 23, 2005

Seriously.

So the people that the Clintons did a favor for should be supporting Hillary even though they don't think she would be a good president? That makes no sense.

Lonyo

Lifer
Aug 10, 2002

Seriously.

Why couldn't Obama run as independent and ruin Hillary's chances in that situation?
There would be quite a number of people who would want to show Hillary that being a bitch won't let her win by voting for Obama if she won the Dem nomination by force.

This is probably why she's not doing so, since if either tries to force the nomination, the other can screw them over.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
neither Hillary nor Obama has the balls to challenge the democratic party.

I think Hill's just waiting for someone to make her an offer before she drops out... my money's on a senate chairmanship.

ScottMac

Moderator<br>Networking<br>Elite member
Mar 19, 2001
If HRC dropped to run independent, then BHO could too, just to piss her off.

The party is a joke anyway; dump 'em and start a new one now when they can't do anything about it.

What if they had a party and nobody came?

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
Obama is in a better position to run as an independent, given that he is drawing support from independents, the youth vote and the fringes of the Democrat support base.

The last thing the Democrats want is for both Obama and Hillary to run in the general election on individual tickets...throw in the Nader factor, and the election is McCain's to lose.

CycloWizard

Lifer
Sep 10, 2001
It's amazing how much vitriol there is between these two when they essentially have the same stance on every issue. The only thing Hillary could ensure by making an independent run is that McCain would win in a landslide.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Looks like the Republican hate has really infected the Democrats. What goes around can come around in unexpected ways. Hate destroys the other and the other destroys himself leaving you fucked too.

But let's not have any of the bull shit about a need for change from Obama. Let's keep going with our hate ourselves to death.

hellokeith

Golden Member
Nov 12, 2004
Originally posted by: Moonbeam
Looks like the Republican hate has really infected the Democrats. What goes around can come around in unexpected ways. Hate destroys the other and the other destroys himself leaving you fucked too.

But let's not have any of the bull shit about a need for change from Obama. Let's keep going with our hate ourselves to death.

And it's a good thing Obama's church doesn't preach hate. Oh snap..

schmedy

Golden Member
Dec 31, 1999
Why you think she has to be an Independent, you know if she went 3rd party she would show her true colors and run on the Communist ticket.

Pabster

Lifer
Apr 15, 2001
Originally posted by: hellokeith
And it's a good thing Obama's church doesn't preach hate. Oh snap..

And just what does the Clinton Church preach? :laugh:

I seem to remember Bill and Mr. Rainbow Coalition being pretty damn tight.