Hillary puts foot in mouth, insults 1,027,015,247 people

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

DealMonkey

Lifer
Nov 25, 2001
Right Corn, and anti-gay remarks are OK with conservatives. Gotcha.

But the head of the National Gay and Lesbian Task Force didn't see anything funny in the governor's comment and believed it to be anti-gay because of San Francisco's large gay population.

''It's extremely insulting,'' said Matt Foreman. ''But of course I would say that gay people in Florida are far more endangered than gay people in California.''

Yup, Foreman was laughing right along with Jeb, wasn't he?

DealMonkey

Lifer
Nov 25, 2001
"I have admired the work and life of Mahatma Gandhi and have spoken publicly about that many times," Clinton said in a two-sentence statement. "I truly regret if a lame attempt at humor suggested otherwise."

Fallen on deaf ears, eh Corn?

Corn

Diamond Member
Nov 12, 1999
But the head of the National Gay and Lesbian Task Force didn't see anything funny in the governor's comment and believed it to be anti-gay because of San Francisco's large gay population.

A question for the intellectually dishonest crowd. Did Bush crack a gay joke? Maybe he was referring to "liberals", or maybe simply SF's propensity for earthquake activity. What's the difference between Hillary and Jeb?

Hillary put her foot in her mouth, you put words into Jeb's.

Oh darn, I forgot, you liberals are also mind readers.

DealMonkey

Lifer
Nov 25, 2001
"It looks like the people of San Francisco are an endangered species, which may not be a bad thing. That's probably good news for the country," he quipped, according to the AP.

The comment reportedly sparked laughter in the room, prompting Bush to add: "Did I just say that out loud?"

What do YOU think he was talking about, Corn? Maybe you're right, maybe he wishes all the liberals in SF would be killed by earthquakes? Lord knows that would be funny too, right Corn? I think the lesson here is that politicians shouldn't try to be comedians. Frankly, they suck at it. And then, sometimes they say something so stupid they have to apologize for it. Did Hillary say something stupid? Absolutely. Did she apologize? Yup.

Gaard

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2002
Let's be sensible, shall we? If one is bad, they're both bad. If you feel one is ok, they're both ok. To say "Yeah, but his/her joke wasn't as bad" is ridiculous.

Genesys

Golden Member
Nov 10, 2003
Originally posted by: Gaard
Let's be sensible, shall we? If one is bad, they're both bad. If you feel one is ok, they're both ok. To say "Yeah, but his/her joke wasn't as bad" is ridiculous.

there we go, someone that makes sense! we need to ditch this relativism crap we've been so keen to and start looking at things as absolutes.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
You'd think Politicians would learn to keep their personal opinions private.

0roo0roo

No Lifer
Sep 21, 2002
? your going to give the lead republican career politician a slide on an excuse that lame? he was ignorant of stroms racism? lol, thats pathetic. he certainly wasn't joking either.

Ldir

Platinum Member
Jul 23, 2003
Originally posted by: xxxxxJohnGaltxxxxx
Originally posted by: 0roo0roo
CONTEXT CONTEXT CONTEXT.

...then explain to me why the Democrats don't share your views.

Au contraire
But Terry McAuliffe, chairman of the Democratic National Committee, accused Lott of having a "pattern of racist remarks" and urged Republicans to reconsider whether they want Lott to lead them in the Senate.

"The time has come for leaders of the Republican Party to speak out against Sen. Lott's remarks," McAuliffe said.

No Republican senator, however, has said Lott should give up his leadership post, and several lawmakers -- including Democratic Sen. Bob Graham of Florida -- strongly rejected the suggestion by some that Lott is a racist.

Still, Lott was criticized by some of his usual allies, who said he had opened the GOP to charges of racial bigotry.

Family Research Council President Ken Connor said Lott had done "considerable" damage to GOP efforts to woo black voters.

"Now we do not believe that Sen. Lott is a racist," Connor said in a Tuesday statement. "But such thoughtless remarks -- and the senator has an unfortunate history of such gaffes -- simply reinforce the suspicion that conservatives are closet racists and secret segregationists."

In an editorial Tuesday, The Wall Street Journal condemned the comments as well, saying Lott "played right into the hands of opponents who are eager to paint the Republican Party's southern ascendancy as nothing more than old-fashioned bigotry."

Jan 12, 2003
Originally posted by: 0roo0roo
? your going to give the lead republican career politician a slide on an excuse that lame? he was ignorant of stroms racism? lol, thats pathetic. he certainly wasn't joking either.

You are going to give Hilary a slide on an excuse that lame? She is just as ignorant. "lol, that's pathetic. She certainly wasn't joking,either.

Jan 12, 2003
Originally posted by: Red Dawn
Hillary puts foot in mouth
So what, she's had her head up her ass all the time she's been in the public light!

You are freaking me out, man. Did you make a New Year's resolution to side with me in 2004 on every single issue? You are scaring me, RD.

maluckey

Platinum Member
Jan 31, 2003
If a politician had declared "that rabble rousing jew, declaring himself to be the King of the Jews, was nothing more than a deadbeat out of work bum with only thirteen followers" it would have been the same. Context does not excuse poor taste, regardless of political affiliation. She may not be racist, but she certainly takes their stereotypes as funny, or she wouldn't use them.

tk149

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2002
I hate Hillary with extreme passion, but even I can see it was just a joke. A non-politically correct joke, and according to some overly sensitive readers, a poor one, but nevertheless, it was just a joke, immediately ameliorated by the next sentence she spoke.

BTW, I had no idea it was a stereotype that Indians ran gas stations.

Give it a rest, people.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: tk149

Give it a rest, people.

I agree; any politically savvy person could see that this was just part of that right-winged conspiracy that went after her innocent husband.
Nah just a hangover from it. If her last name wasJones nobody would care. Of course if her last name was Jones she wouldn't be a Senator now!

Jan 12, 2003

Nah just a hangover from it. If her last name wasJones nobody would care. Of course if her last name was Jones she wouldn't be a Senator now!

..but she would be getting more 'action' around the house (or in the Super 8) if her last name were Jones :)

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com

..but she would be getting more 'action' around the house (or in the Super 8) if her last name were Jones :)

Buahahaha!!!

CkG

DealMonkey

Lifer
Nov 25, 2001

Nice. I'm glad the mods locked your lame "hate hillary" poll -- what they should have given you was a nice vacation so you can think about what a partisan hack you are.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: DealMonkey

Nice. I'm glad the mods locked your lame "hate hillary" poll -- what they should have given you was a nice vacation so you can think about what a partisan hack you are.

rolleye.gif
- it's nothing worse than we've seen aimed at Bush.

CkG