Hillary is wildly exagerating her Foreign Policy experience

preslove

Lifer
Sep 10, 2003
So, basically Hillary was asked what specific foreign policy crisis experience she has had, adn she pulled going to Bosnia out of her ass. It turns out that she went to Bosnia on a USO tour with Chelsea, Sinbad and Sheryl Crow. Sinbad recounts how mundane that trip was.

Sinbad has the same level experience Hillary!

Sinbad, along with singer Sheryl Crow, was on that 1996 trip to Bosnia that Clinton has described as a harrowing international experience that makes her tested and ready to answer a 3 a.m. phone call at the White House on day one, a claim for which she's taking much grief on the campaign trail. [...]

"I never felt that I was in a dangerous position," [said Sinbad.] "I never felt being in a sense of peril, or 'Oh, God, I hope I'm going to be OK when I get out of this helicopter or when I get out of his tank.'"

In her Iowa stump speech, Clinton also said, "We used to say in the White House that if a place is too dangerous, too small or too poor, send the First Lady."

Say what? As Sinbad put it: "What kind of president would say, 'Hey, man, I can't go 'cause I might get shot so I'm going to send my wife...oh, and take a guitar player and a comedian with you.'"

Sinbad for Secretary of State in 2009!

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
lmao the crap these politicians spew is amusing. It reminds me of people fresh out of school exaggerating their experience. I worked on this project that setup an e-commerce site called "xyz". When asked about the e-commerce site it was a class project.
Next kid comes in from the same school and blabs about the same project.

Hillary blabbing about going into a war zone and how scared she was is the same stuff.

Farang

Lifer
Jul 7, 2003
She also brought peace to Northern Ireland, and took out a platoon of Waffen-SS, becoming the only woman to be awarded two medals of honor--the other coming from her freeing of hundreds of slaves during the opening days of the Civil War.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Next up: Hillary claims to have invented the internet!

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Originally posted by: Vic

Interesting comment... it could be taken to mean that Hillary is exaggerating her accomplishments, or it could mean that her opponents are ridiculously twisting her words in order to attack her (which was the case with the whole inventing the internet thing).

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Originally posted by: eskimospy

Interesting comment... it could be taken to mean that Hillary is exaggerating her accomplishments, or it could mean that her opponents are ridiculously twisting her words in order to attack her (which was the case with the whole inventing the internet thing).

I'm an "expert" on Gore's "I took the initiative in creating the internet" comment, and he exaggerated no matter how you might want to spin it. Because the simple fact is that he was just a puppet for the interests involved. If it hadn't been him, they just would have hired some other senator to sponsor their pet bill for them. This is true of most politicians BTW.

Consider this example. Hillary is telling us that she's ready to continue supporting the war interests. The whole Bosnia fiasco was the Iraq of Clinton's administration. How quickly we forget, eh?

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006

I'm an "expert" on Gore's "I took the initiative in creating the internet" comment, and he exaggerated no matter how you might want to spin it. Because the simple fact is that he was just a puppet for the interests involved. If it hadn't been him, they just would have hired some other senator to sponsor their pet bill for them. This is true of most politicians BTW.

Consider this example. Hillary is telling us that she's ready to continue supporting the war interests. The whole Bosnia fiasco was the Iraq of Clinton's administration. How quickly we forget, eh?

The claim that Al Gore said he 'invented the internet' is at least as overblown as his claims for all that he did to support it. And just because some other politician could have done that doesn't change the fact that Gore did.

JulesMaximus

No Lifer
Jul 3, 2003
The day I start taking political advice from a comedian is the day I start listening to what actors and basketball players think...or Opera Winfrey for that matter. :roll:

NFS4

No Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: JulesMaximus
The day I start taking political advice from a comedian is the day I start listening to what actors and basketball players think...or Opera Winfrey for that matter. :roll:
He's simply saying that he was chillin' with Hill Dog and Sheryl back in 1996 and they weren't in any immediate danger.

It reminds me of that episode of Friends where Ross thought that Joey was trying to save his life from a gun attack when in fact it was actually a car backfire and Joey was actually trying to save his sandwich.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001

The claim that Al Gore said he 'invented the internet' is at least as overblown as his claims for all that he did to support it. And just because some other politician could have done that doesn't change the fact that Gore did.

Did you miss how I quoted exactly what Gore actually said? And not the "invented the internet" misquote? Apparently.
And despite all that Gore really did do to help bring about this technology, the first media publication to call him out on it was Wired. And why was that do you suppose? Maybe because he was blowing his own horn a bit too hard, maybe?

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006

Did you miss how I quoted exactly what Gore actually said? And not the "invented the internet" misquote? Apparently.
And despite all that Gore really did do to help bring about this technology, the first media publication to call him out on it was Wired. And why was that do you suppose? Maybe because he was blowing his own horn a bit too hard, maybe?

I was referring to your initial posting that I quoted.

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
To get back on topic, that Bosnia trip (which turns out to actually have been a USO show tour with Cheryl Crow, Sinbad, Hillary & Chelsea Chilton) was the one Hillary was claiming was too dangerous a mission to send the President on.

Her claims of bringing peace to Northern Ireland have been refuted by no less than the Brit who won the Nobel Peace Prize for that event.

Without a doubt she went to 80 countries-but almost certainly the vast majority of them she was acting as a good will ambassador, sipping tea and making nice with the locals.

If she ever gets nominated the Republicans are going to make a laughing stock out of her for her preposterous claims.

PS-doesn't Sinbad actually have more experience than Hillary, because he played a Secret Service agent in a Disney movie?

GoingUp

Lifer
Jul 31, 2002
"What got me about Hillary was her attitude of entitlement, like he messed up her plan, like he had no reason to be there," Sinbad said. "I got angry. I actually got angry! I said, 'I will be for Obama like never before.'"

This is exactly why I hate Hillary so much. She treats the office of the presidency like its owed to her. That she should even have competition is an insult. A candidate should be humbled that people want to vote for them, not torching every bridge on the way to something that they feel is a birthright.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
What really bothers him (Sinbad) is SNL's choice of actor (Fred Armisen) to play Obama.
"My problem is -- you couldn't just temporarily hire a black man to play Obama? You had to put a white man in a black face? You couldn't find a light-skinned brother to play Obama?"

Wow... I wasn't aware of this. SNL has been crap for so many years I don't even bother with it anymore. That is beyond inappropriate.

glutenberg

Golden Member
Sep 2, 2004
What really bothers him (Sinbad) is SNL's choice of actor (Fred Armisen) to play Obama.
"My problem is -- you couldn't just temporarily hire a black man to play Obama? You had to put a white man in a black face? You couldn't find a light-skinned brother to play Obama?"

Wow... I wasn't aware of this. SNL has been crap for so many years I don't even bother with it anymore. That is beyond inappropriate.

Meh, that's a big deal about nothing. The skits were actually pretty funny. I'm sure you saw the post in ATOT where Robert Downey Jr. is playing a black man in the Ben Stiller movie.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Originally posted by: glutenberg

Meh, that's a big deal about nothing. The skits were actually pretty funny. I'm sure you saw the post in ATOT where Robert Downey Jr. is playing a black man in the Ben Stiller movie.

No, I didn't. Should somebody tell them about the curse of C. Thomas Howell? :p

preslove

Lifer
Sep 10, 2003
Originally posted by: JulesMaximus

They day someone believes anything Hillary Clinton says about her "experience" is the day that person becomes a fucking moron.

Throckmorton

Lifer
Aug 23, 2007
Originally posted by: glutenberg

In "black face" he actually does look as much like Obama as any actor could.

M0RPH

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2003
Originally posted by: Thump553

Without a doubt she went to 80 countries-but almost certainly the vast majority of them she was acting as a good will ambassador, sipping tea and making nice with the locals.

Even if that was all she did in those 80 countries, wouldn't that be considerable more experience dealing with foreign leaders/politicians than Obama has?

Here is a video showing some of the highlights of Hillary's public activities in N. Ireland

And farther down you can read this:
This excerpt from a recent article by Ray O'Hanlan in the Irish Echo newspaper provides some additional background on Hillary's involvement in the peace process:
"I am quite surprised that anyone would suggest that Hillary Clinton did not perform important foreign policy work as first lady. I can state from firsthand experience that she played a positive role for over a decade in helping to bring peace to Northern Ireland," said former SDLP leader and Nobel laureate John Hume is a statement responding to critical press reports.

"She visited Northern Ireland, met with very many people and gave very decisive support to the peace process. In private she made countless calls and contacts, speaking to leaders and opinion makers on all sides, urging them to keep moving forward," said Hume.

This would appear to be an important point. Press-based criticism of Senator Clinton has been based on the public record, and what has been recorded by both Clintons in their respective autobiographies.

Hillary, some would certainly argue, knows more than what has been made public thus far about what went on behind the scenes as the peace process gathered steam.

"Anyone criticizing her foreign policy involvement should look at her very active and positive approach to Northern Ireland and speak with the people of Northern Ireland who have the highest regard for her and are very grateful for her very active support for our peace process," Hume concluded in his defense of Hillary's Irish legacy.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
I think it's time we held an intervention for M0RPH and his ClintonTM kool-aid addiction.

Peace came to Ireland because jobs and economic opportunity finally came to Ireland. Hillary might have met with some people and supported the peace process, but she had nothing to do with the fact that it went from being one of the poorest countries in Europe to one of the richest countries in the world almost overnight, while that had everything to do with the fact that they're no longer fighting anymore.

M0RPH

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2003
I think it's time we held an intervention for M0RPH and his ClintonTM kool-aid addiction.

Sorry but it's clearly Obamabots who are the kool-aid drinkers. Hail to the Cult of Personality!

Try not to faint at your next Obama rally.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Originally posted by: M0RPH

Sorry but it's clearly Obamabots who are the kool-aid drinkers. Hail to the Cult of Personality!

Try not to faint at your next Obama rally.

Sorry, primaries here aren't until May, so I haven't had the chance to attend any of his rallies. I do think it would be terrible to miss an opportunity to see the best American statesperson since Bill Clinton speak though (and I saw him at a rally in '96).

Anyway, you don't see me posting spin piece after spin piece, do you? You must be the only one who can't see that your every post is dripping hate and lies against Obama. It's pretty nuts. What's even more nuts is that you're just exuding the same attitude that Hillary herself exudes. This who is this Obama character and how dare he stand in the way of the Presidency that is rightfully hers! Hopefully, someday both you and she will realize that this is exactly why she is losing and is going to lose, but I won't hold my breath. Most likely, you'll just keep blaming sexism and bigotry while America elects its first minority President.