Hillary is Senator of NY!!!

konichiwa

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
"New Chapter" in American History...and it certainly is. Congratulations to Hillary. :)

Deslok

Oct 9, 1999
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jaydee

Diamond Member
May 6, 2000
And if Gore loses, you can expect Hillary to run for President, in 2004. I can't believe someone who has never lived in MY state, gets to now represent ME. That's messed.

ltk007

Banned
Feb 24, 2000

<< Time for me to move to NJ.

Sh!t. It sucks there too
>>

Corzine won, damn there are some morons in NJ.

Russ

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I'm surprised. I assumed that New Yorker's were smart enough not to elect someone who's never even lived there.

Russ, NCNE

This really sucks. I am going to be her neighbor in January too. Oh man, this sucks.

NFS4

No Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

<< I'm surprised. I assumed that New Yorker's were smart enough not to elect someone who's never even lived there. >>

I guess the New York Borg Collective doesn't agree with you...afterall, they are the ones that live there, not you :D

Susan

Oct 9, 1999
I would have hoped so too, Russ.

Basically, it's this:

1. NYC is primarily Democratic. I don't think I need to explain why.

2. She won many of the Jewish votes over the last month with her giving back American Muslim contributions.

3. Upstate NY is and has been more depressed in recent years.

4. She moved to Westchester County, a large county in lower upstate.

zippy

Diamond Member
Nov 10, 1999
Susan, do you live in upstate new york?

I do, it is depressed compared to years past, but what does that have to do with the election? Wherever I go I see Lazio signs, I saw 1 Hillary sign and a few hundred Lazio signs. BTW, my area in near Syracuse is a &quot;rich&quot; area, so that could be why there are so many Lazio signs. ;) ;) ;) heheh

I'm also Jewish, 75% of Jews are Democrat anyway, so giving that money back didn't really affect much of anything.

Yeeny

Lifer
Feb 2, 2000
The question is, what have the people who lived here done for us? Upstate NY is terribly depressed, there are no good jobs unless you want to leave your family for weeks at a time, which my husband had to do.

Zippy: You are only about an hour and a half from me, I live in Norwich. Talk about depressed.... ;)

pac1085

Diamond Member
Jun 27, 2000
NO!!! Oh well...I've always wanted to move to Europe...now I have a really good reason ;)

Susan

Oct 9, 1999
I'm on LI, which is mostly Republican.

I have yet to meet one person that would vote for Clinton, so this vote is surprising me.

Democrats will collect from all to give to the depressed. It's the signs on the lawns that you haven't seen that show a vote for more government $'s.