Hillary is now an official US Senator

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

classy

Lifer
Oct 12, 1999
Ignorance?????
Hillary Clinton is one of the most popular political figures that has been around in a long time. Look at this election. Do you honestly believe Hillary wouldn't have defeated Bush? The woman goes to a state she has no connection with really, not just any state mind you we're talking NY and wins a Senate seat with ease. I bet you she would even garner huge support among Republican voters. Many people have a sense of respect for Hillary. She has this kind of likable personality. You may not like her, but make no mistake about it, she is the most powerful woman in politics today. There has never been a woman in Washington as powerful as Hillary. And she is an extremely intelligent person also. And she will be a force to be reckoned with in the future. While your laughing she will be in the Senate making political friends among Republicans. Strengthening her politcal position. If there is one thing we have learned from this election it is that in the end poltics is the name of the game, politics.

matmax

May 20, 2000
I don't know if popular is the proper word or description for her. I believe that she is one of the most controversial and I agree that she will have her senatorial term to present what type of person she truly is. Personally, I believe that she will have a pretty tough time of it. In the previous 8 years she has made alot of enemies in both houses. Shes no longer the first lady, she's a junior senator and it will be interesting to see how she is dealt with and deals with this.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Her husband is the sharpest male politician in Washington and you can bet your butt that she tells him what to do. She won't have any trouble with the Rethiefticans.

ViRGE

Elite Member, Moderator Emeritus
Oct 9, 1999
Ok, I'm lost here. What exactly do you people have against Mrs. Clinton?

Tripleshot

Elite Member
Jan 29, 2000
I don't think you will hear much from Sen. Clinton for a long time. She is a junior senator and she is smart enough to know that she must choose her battles wisely,primarely because of the clammer from the republicans and diehard Clinton bashers. She should be treated no different than any other junior senator and she had better tend to the needs of the State of New York.

I think she will be fine and so do the voters of New York.

MrChicken

Feb 18, 2000
Most of you know my stand on politics. I will say this with absolute honesty.

I will Judge what kind of Senator she is, by what she does as Senator.

I still reserve the right to have a different opinion of her as a person, good or bad, regardless of how I judge her as Senator, good or bad.

CliffC

Oct 24, 2000
Dicklennium

Hey look at that, at least one of us knows how to spell your name right!(insert "the bird" emoticon here)

At least jeremy knew I was joshin but you, you're just an @sshole.