Hillary Clinton Wears $12,495 Armani Jacket During Speech About Inequality

Page 10 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
You already know I'm not new here.

Everything I've said about how I think people should treat each other in corrections is something I've tried very hard to apply to everything I say here.

Actually I have no idea who you are or how long you've been here. I mostly post from my phone which displays the mobile version of the forum which doesn't show post count, join date, or a ton of other options.

Exophase

Diamond Member
Apr 19, 2012
Actually I have no idea who you are or how long you've been here. I mostly post from my phone which displays the mobile version of the forum which doesn't show post count, join date, or a ton of other options.

I've interacted with you probably dozens of times -_-

openwheel

Platinum Member
Apr 30, 2012
Exophase sounds like a stalker desperately wanting the attention of ivwshane.

Exophase

Diamond Member
Apr 19, 2012
Exophase sounds like a stalker desperately wanting the attention of ivwshane.

Okay? I just happen to recognize that people I see post here all the time and people I've personally communicated with several times aren't new.

I don't recognize you though.

HTFOff

Golden Member
Oct 3, 2013
back to topic, what's the big deal about this Georgio Armani jacket?

This.

I mean, no biggie. She bought it with her own money she earned giving six figure pep talks on wall st. It shows she can fleece corporations and at the same time, sow the seeds for a new generation of community oriented hedge fund execs. (Double Whammy!)

She earned a living like the rest of us, guys. She works hard for her money. So hard for it, honey. Just like ordinary americans.

#ImWithHer #OneOfUs #Forward #RobinHoodInDrag

buckshot24

Diamond Member
Nov 3, 2009
Funny how her supporters (I think a few did) can't even admit that this choice of 12k suit jacket may have not been the best choice considering her message.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
One of these days I wish we'd get a candidate that cared more about the middle class than the upper class. They seem to need the help more these days.
Hey, we're nominating two multimillionaires known for their arrogance and entitlement. Can't blame them for giving us what we seem to prefer.

Yup, that's pretty stupid to wear a jacket that costs more than some folks make in a year. Not really thinking that all the way through, considering the topic of her speech.
Why? She is running against Trump, who is probably wearing an equally extravagant suit. What can the Pubbies fling that won't also stick to him?

Actually, very different. If you're going around pushing the "family values" platform and then it turns out you're having an affair, that's much worse than just any other candidate having had an affair. It smacks of hypocrisy. If you're going around talking about wealth inequality and yammering on about pretending to work for the little people, then wearing a $12,000 suit while doing so rings pretty hollow and hypocritical.
I agree in principle, just not in this instance. Assuming Hillary gets the House and a filibuster-proof Senate majority and sets the top rate at 90%, she could still afford such jackets. As could Trump. I think this certainly demonstrates the hypocrisy of the mainstream media, but as for the Hildabeast, I see no benefit in her lying (again) about being wealthy.

MonKENy

Platinum Member
Nov 1, 2007
One of these days I wish we'd get a candidate that cared more about the middle class than the upper class. They seem to need the help more these days.
You mean like Bernie?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk