Hillary Clinton vs. Donald Trump President 2016: Who would win?

Page 12 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Who would win?

• Hillary Rodham Clinton (D)

• Donald Trump (R)

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Political correctness is the inconvenience of dissenting opinion.

Seriously Vic. What happened to you?

You know damn well PC isn't about dissent, it's about stifling dissent. The right stifles dissent by calling people commies, pinkos, and America-haters. The left stifles dissent by calling people racists, sexists, and America-haters. The term for the former is "being an asshole". The term for the later is "PC".

You used to be smarter than this.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001

You know damn well PC isn't about dissent, it's about stifling dissent. The right stifles dissent by calling people commies, pinkos, and America-haters. The left stifles dissent by calling people racists, sexists, and America-haters. The term for the former is "being an asshole". The term for the later is "PC".

Who is stifling this dissent? Because this matters. If it's the government, then I'll be first in line to condemn it and try to stop it. But if the stifling is just public opinion, then my suggestion is to get over it.

MongGrel

Lifer
Dec 3, 2013

:hmm:

The term PC doesn't really mean anything these days period from what I can see.

It's right up there with "The Interwebs"

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

TeeJay1952

Golden Member
May 28, 2004
There will always be folks on either side of argument pushing for censorship. I am less worried about "feelings" than "lemmings".

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
:hmm:

The term PC doesn't really mean anything these days period from what I can see.

It's right up there with "The Interwebs"

The term is a dog whistle for poor oppressed conservatives to howl in self righteousness.

jackstar7

Lifer
Jun 26, 2009
So you have NO concern with the stifling of ideas on public college campuses because "feelings"?

While I'm not for people censoring each other beyond just tuning out what they don't want to hear (i.e. changing the radio station), I do think people forget or ignore how many outlets they have available to express their opinions.

Considering people just need a phone at this point, it's hard to stop people from getting their opinions and ideas out to the world.

As a society, we're enjoying the greatest freedom of expression in history. It'd be nice if folks considered that.

chess9

Elite member
Apr 15, 2000
He may not get past the convention. It's not like the Repub establishment wants to reward him for rubbing their noses in it.
Well, if it's a brokered convention, the Republicans will be in a very difficult situation going forward. I don't see how any of their legislative agenda will be passed, let alone serious opportunities to secure the Presidency. They may go the way of the Whigs. Trumps people may sit out the election if the convention is brokered which would be a serious blow to the Republicans. As things stand, I see no way Hillary loses if she's still running in November.

Charmonium

Diamond Member
May 15, 2015
Well, if it's a brokered convention, the Republicans will be in a very difficult situation going forward. I don't see how any of their legislative agenda will be passed, let alone serious opportunities to secure the Presidency. They may go the way of the Whigs. Trumps people may sit out the election if the convention is brokered which would be a serious blow to the Republicans. As things stand, I see no way Hillary loses if she's still running in November.
I think it depends on how it plays out. If Trump can't get a majority, which seems like a 50-50 shot at this point, then a brokered convention shouldn't be an issue unless they pick someone who didn't even run. And even then, it would depend on who they pick.

I don't see Kasich storming in from a distant 3rd place and Cruz doesn't have broad enough appeal to consistently do better than second place. So the best the Reps can hope for is that Trump doesn't get a clear majority.

swamplizard

Mar 18, 2016
I think it depends on how it plays out. If Trump can't get a majority, which seems like a 50-50 shot at this point, then a brokered convention shouldn't be an issue unless they pick someone who didn't even run. And even then, it would depend on who they pick.

I don't see Kasich storming in from a distant 3rd place and Cruz doesn't have broad enough appeal to consistently do better than second place. So the best the Reps can hope for is that Trump doesn't get a clear majority.

It looks like at this given date that the repugs will lose both at the convention and in the general election. Can the party survive? That depends upon what the GOP does and how Trump does between now and the convention.

Ettitt

Jan 18, 2016
I think most Americans choose Clinton. She is a good human being, good social worker & talented politician. So, I hope that, most of voter give there vote to Hilary Clinton & win her.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
So you have NO concern with the stifling of ideas on public college campuses because "feelings"?

Huh. Obama disagrees with you.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/obama-college-political-correctness_us_55f8431ee4b00e2cd5e80198
And I disagree with Obama on a great many issues. What's your point except to persist in pushing partisan false equivalence?
Sure, college kids say stupid things. How does that compare to how the Right are using government to try to control what God a person may worship, or the sexual activities of 2 consenting adults, or a woman's body?

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
The term is a dog whistle for poor oppressed conservatives to howl in self righteousness.

In agreement with you, I have to say that near-libelous catch-phrases are a stock in trade in politics, and the Dems should take lessons from the Repubs in this regard because they are experts at exploiting this feature whereas the Dems, well, they need to be schooled to get it right. ;)