Hillary Clinton vs. Donald Trump President 2016: Who would win?

Page 11 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Who would win?

• Hillary Rodham Clinton (D)

• Donald Trump (R)

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Poll still holding over 1/3 vote for Trump in a liberal forum. None of you find this interesting? Small sample size I know, but it's a good sign that many of us can think for ourselves and aren't brainwashed by the media.

Reading comprehension... fail.
Poll question is: Who would win?
Not: Who do you support?

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Poll still holding over 1/3 vote for Trump in a liberal forum. None of you find this interesting? Small sample size I know, but it's a good sign that many of us can think for ourselves and aren't brainwashed by the media.

Liberal forum? I could direct you to liberal forums where your shit wouldn't fly for a whole day.

Trump won't win the presidency with 1/3 of the votes, either.

Donald brainwashes the media into giving him the coverage he wants to brainwash people like you. In that he has no equal.

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
Remember the Bradely Effect?

The Bradley effect (less commonly the Wilder effect)[1][2] is a theory concerning observed discrepancies between voter opinion polls and election outcomes in some United States government elections where a white candidate and a non-white candidate run against each other.[3][4][5] The theory proposes that some voters who intend to vote for the white candidate would nonetheless tell pollsters that they are undecided or likely to vote for the non-white candidate.

If Trump wins will there be deemed a "Trump Effect" where people declined to admit support but voted for him anyway?

Fern

Charmonium

Diamond Member
May 15, 2015

If Trump wins will there be deemed a "Trump Effect" where people declined to admit support but voted for him anyway?

Fern
I don't think being a Trump supporter has the same stigma as being a racist but we are definitely going in that direction.

LegendKiller

Lifer
Mar 5, 2001
I don't think being a Trump supporter has the same stigma as being a racist but we are definitely going in that direction.

Yes, we are, because the only way the establishment right and the broader left can win is to paint anybody with a hint of trump support as a nazi. Not because they are, but because they want to shame them. It ain't working.

swamplizard

Mar 18, 2016
Yes, we are, because the only way the establishment right and the broader left can win is to paint anybody with a hint of trump support as a nazi. Not because they are, but because they want to shame them. It ain't working.

Don't need to paint a fence if it's already white.

jackstar7

Lifer
Jun 26, 2009

Indeed. They clearly are impervious to shame.

chess9

Elite member
Apr 15, 2000
If the general election nominees is between Republican billionaire Donald Trump versus Democrat Hillary Rodham Clinton in 2016, who would win the presidential election in your honest opinion and why? Who will win the black, white, Latino, Asian vote? Who'd be their VPs?
Although Hillary will struggle with the white, male vote she will beat Trump because Trump has alienated almost every constituency. Blacks, Hispanics, women. Sheezh, what's next, he attacks the Swiss/Americans?

The general election campaign will probably be the lowest campaign in a century. If you think Trump is bad, wait until the general when he starts making references to her sexuality (gay, of course), her dress (dumpy, of course), her secretiveness, her criminal activity, her enabling of a serial sexual predator (Bill Clinton), her support of the Iraq War and Libya, etc. And, with the email controversy starting to heat up, Hillary might actually be fending off federal prosecutors or defending her staff who might be indicted. So, he will be merciless, offensive, crude, scatological..... Great t.v. but this is a crisis for democracy. We don't need Herr Drumpf leading our children in Drumpf Salutes. Good grief, so many idiots in this country....

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

You poor thing! Show us on the doll where the liberals touched you, OK?

Trump's no Nazi. He's not that good. He is working that Strong Leader Savior role for all it's worth, however.

Winning the presidency would be the biggest ego trip of his whole spoiled rich kid ego tripping life. He'll talk whatever shit he can if it gets him closer, inciting violence just being one of his tools.

Most Americans regard him as an outright charlatan & a fraud, I'm sure. Millions of people will come out just to vote against him so we don't have to listen to 4 years of his insufferable bullshit.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Although Hillary will struggle with the white, male vote she will beat Trump because Trump has alienated almost every constituency. Blacks, Hispanics, women. Sheezh, what's next, he attacks the Swiss/Americans?

The general election campaign will probably be the lowest campaign in a century. If you think Trump is bad, wait until the general when he starts making references to her sexuality (gay, of course), her dress (dumpy, of course), her secretiveness, her criminal activity, her enabling of a serial sexual predator (Bill Clinton), her support of the Iraq War and Libya, etc. And, with the email controversy starting to heat up, Hillary might actually be fending off federal prosecutors or defending her staff who might be indicted. So, he will be merciless, offensive, crude, scatological..... Great t.v. but this is a crisis for democracy. We don't need Herr Drumpf leading our children in Drumpf Salutes. Good grief, so many idiots in this country....

He may not get past the convention. It's not like the Repub establishment wants to reward him for rubbing their noses in it.

Charmonium

Diamond Member
May 15, 2015
He may not get past the convention. It's not like the Repub establishment wants to reward him for rubbing their noses in it.
And apparently, they write the rules for each convention just before the convention. So unless Donald buys off the RNC, I think he's going to need an overwhelming majority of the delegates. Otherwise, it's too easy to justify rules that would say, give the delegates the right to vote for whomever they want on the first ballot. It's kind of inconceivable to even talk about that but then again, the whole reason for the electoral college is as a safety valve in the event of a demagogue getting the popular vote.

compuwiz1

Admin Emeritus Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Bernie Sanders is the only Democrat not linked to an FBI investigation. If this doesn’t mean anything to you, then you’re too terrified of Trump’s rallies to realize that Clinton could get indicted. Also, if you can’t fathom the possibility of Donald Trump winning, then keep in mind that most Americans don’t trust or like Hillary Clinton. A general election isn’t a popularity contest among Democrats. In 10 out of 10 national polls regarding favorability, Hillary Clinton has negative favorability ratings nationally in all 10.

More reading:

https://pjmedia.com/trending/2016/0...-hillary-candidacy-our-nominee-is-a-disaster/

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
I blame reality tv.
And Facebook. People now seem to believe that freedom includes freedom from consequence. Political correctness is the inconvenience of dissenting opinion. The echo chamber is becoming ourselves.

Zorkorist

Diamond Member
Apr 17, 2007
Freedom, is freedom from consequence, when it is a base right, like freedom of speech.

That we are speaking more today, makes us no less free.

-John

lopri

Elite Member
Jul 27, 2002

Fern

Maybe but on what standard? Clinton is white so obviously the Bradley Effect has no bearing. If the effect is based on gender stereotype I would wager that it would be named after Clinton, rather than The Duck. Then again, many people here seem convinced that Clinton has a hidden penis somewhere.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Freedom, is freedom from consequence, when it is a base right, like freedom of speech.

That we are speaking more today, makes us no less free.

-John

Your right to freedom of speech ends where my right to freedom of speech begins. Freedom without consequence would be a lawless anarchy, where criminals would be 'free' to murder and kill.

Zorkorist

Diamond Member
Apr 17, 2007
Nope, I am free to piss you off, and you are free to piss me off.

That is what free speech is.

As soon as you deny me free speech, then Government is out of Control.

-John

compuwiz1

Oct 9, 1999
Maybe but on what standard? Clinton is white so obviously the Bradley Effect has no bearing. If the effect is based on gender stereotype I would wager that it would be named after Clinton, rather than The Duck. Then again, many people here seem convinced that Clinton has a hidden penis somewhere.

I've never believed she had a penis, just seems like she never favored them much. I've seen more evidence to support that Michael Obama has one. ;)

Indus

Diamond Member
May 11, 2002
A piece of racist shit spewing fucking koolaid as usual with negative charisma and IQ.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Nope, I am free to piss you off, and you are free to piss me off.

That is what free speech is.

As soon as you deny me free speech, then Government is out of Control.

-John

I'm not the government anymore than you are.

Z15CAM

Platinum Member
Nov 20, 2010
www.flickr.com
At this point in US Elections, speaking as a Canadian I believe, the US is going to end up with another minority Democratic President "Hillory" with a Republican House led by "Trump"

If Trump wins the Presidency, Americans should consider moving to Canada and bring your money with you - LOL

Last edited:

compuwiz1

Oct 9, 1999
A piece of racist shit spewing fucking koolaid as usual with negative charisma and IQ.

I'm laughing at your pathetic ass. Do you know I am almost the only white man in my family? You don't know shit about me.

Mai72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2012
Just read an article on CNN that at one of Trump's resort in Florida his staff is made up of FOREIGNERS! Supposedly, there isn't one American that's working at this resort. Only multimillionaires and foreign workers.

So, Trump is going to make America great again by bringing back work to America. Yet, he staffs nothing but foreigners at his businesses. Umm... Hypocrite much?

He says that he can't find Americans who want to work. That's an outright lie. What gets me is how will he get the backing from House/Senate when he's not even congruent.

The article is on CNN. I can't seem to put the link up using my smartphone. Or, just type in Trump and foreign workers.

Last edited: