Hillary Clinton Refuses to Quit Burning Bridges - Says "Nobody likes him [Bernie Sanders]"

Page 15 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
What percentage of Bernie supporters do you think of as "BernieBros"?
I already said so.

Consider it this way: do you think the OP is a genuine Bernie supporter? Of course not, when he's not being concerned about Bernie, his posts are pure Pepe alt-right douchebag. And how often is it, would you say, that the people pushing Bernie on social media are just the same?

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
I already said so.

Consider it this way: do you think the OP is a genuine Bernie supporter? Of course not, when he's not being concerned about Bernie, his posts are pure Pepe alt-right douchebag. And how often is it, would you say, that the people pushing Bernie on social media are just the same?

It is a term meant to disparage and damage Bernie. If you mean RW Agitator, then say it.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
And hey guys, none of the reasons listed in this thread are the reason Hillary lost. Literally, not one of them.

Hillary lost because voter turnout in 3 counties in 3 states was down by a few ten thousand votes. That is the only reason. And the Trump campaign, then and now, is fully aware of this, and working hard to get those votes. Any solution by the Dems that does not correct that problem will result in a Trump re-election.

Last edited:

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
It is a term meant to disparage and damage Bernie. If you mean RW Agitator, then say it.
RW agitators who just happen to be one of Bernie's biggest online support bases. Because they know that Bernie does not have much support in those 3 counties in those 3 states.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
No. Not when the mistake is "he didn't quit early enough". Candidates quit for many different reasons, not just based upon ability to Win at some point in time. Besides, the process was such that winning at the Convention was always a possibility.

Sigh.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
RW agitators who just happen to be one of Bernie's biggest online support bases. Because they know that Bernie does not have much support in those 3 counties in those 3 states.

Is it a mark against Bernie?

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
I already said so.

Did you? Was it somewhere in this thread? I couldn't find it.
Are you labeling OP as a BernieBro? As far as I know he's not a Bernie supporter at all, and I'm not sure he's ever tried to say he is.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Did you? Was it somewhere in this thread? I couldn't find it.
Are you labeling OP as a BernieBro? As far as I know he's not a Bernie supporter at all, and I'm not sure he's ever tried to say he is.

I'm not labelling anyone as anything, but the OP has said that. I'd have to search to find it, but he has. I recall one post where he went on about how he really wants the Dems to win, but Bernie, etc.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
I'm not labelling anyone as anything, but the OP has said that. I'd have to search to find it, but he has. I recall one post where he went on about how he really wants the Dems to win, but Bernie, etc.
I'm still curious what percentage of Bernie supporters you would consider "BernieBros".
That doesn't sound like him, or at least it's him being transparently dishonest since he loves to mock Democrats for "free stuff" which doesn't seem particularly compatible with being a Bernie supporter.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Really, that's the response? It's almost like using "Bernie Bros" has multiple functions.
Or maybe that Bernie supporters don't care that the public face of their support base are alt-right trolls. Because if they did care, they'd denounce those trolls rather than falling for the trolling, and doing exactly what the trolls want by attacking their fellow liberals. That make sense?

Also, if Bernie and his supporters actually want to win the election, they'd come up with a plan to get those votes I discussed earlier.

Reactions: hal2kilo

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
Or maybe that Bernie supporters don't care that the public face of their support base are alt-right trolls. Because if they did care, they'd denounce those trolls rather than falling for the trolling, and doing exactly what the trolls want by attacking their fellow liberals. That make sense?

Also, if Bernie and his supporters actually want to win the election, they'd come up with a plan to get those votes I discussed earlier.
Where is this public face that you're speaking of that is composed of alt-right trolls?

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Where is this public face that you're speaking of that is composed of alt-right trolls?
Didn't we just talk about who started this thread?

Was it real Bernie supporters chanting 'Bernie got cheated' in late 2016?

But hey, if you keep wanting to let alt-right trolls manipulate you into attacking your fellow liberals, be my guest. But be prepared to face the consequences in Nov.

Last edited:

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
Didn't we just talk about who started this thread?

Was it real Bernie supporters chanting 'Bernie got cheated' in 2016?

But hey, if you keep wanting to let alt-right trolls manipulate you into attacking your fellow liberals, be my guest. But be prepared to face the consequences in Nov.
Okay, I denounce OP. But I thought you meant like some place of significance, AT is basically nothing as far as "public faces" go.
I'm not aware of having attacked any liberals lately though, feel free to let me know if you think I'm wrong.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Okay, I denounce OP. But I thought you meant like some place of significance, AT is basically nothing as far as "public faces" go.
I'm not aware of having attacked any liberals lately though, feel free to let me know if you think I'm wrong.
You must not spend much time on FB and Twitter.

As for 'attacking,' correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the whole topic of this thread about what a bitch Hillary is and how stupid and arrogant the Dems were for nominating her in 2016 and not Bernie? And then Bernie supporters wonder why the rest of the Dems don't like them...

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
That's correct, I spend no time on Twitter and not much on FB.
As for 'attacking,' correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the whole topic of this thread about what a bitch Hillary is and how stupid and arrogant the Dems were for nominating her in 2016 and not Bernie? And then Bernie supporters wonder why the rest of the Dems don't like them...
So your posts aren't actually addressing me personally, even though you're responding to me?

mect

Platinum Member
Jan 5, 2004

While facebook and twitter certainly affect perception, it is in no way fair to characterize a group based on what goes on there. These do not reflect reality.

And no, the topic of the thread isn't that Dems were dumb for nominating Clinton back in 2016, its that its dumb for her to be attacking Sanders with merit less, meaningless criticisms in 2020.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
While facebook and twitter certainly affect perception, it is in no way fair to characterize a group based on what goes on there. These do not reflect reality.

And no, the topic of the thread isn't that Dems were dumb for nominating Clinton back in 2016, its that its dumb for her to be attacking Sanders with merit less, meaningless criticisms in 2020.

How much do you care about what Hillary says?

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001

If those criticisms are meritless and meaningless, then why are we still discussing them?

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
That's correct, I spend no time on Twitter and not much on FB.

So your posts aren't actually addressing me personally, even though you're responding to me?

I had thought that I was discussing something with you in general.

mect

Platinum Member
Jan 5, 2004
If those criticisms are meritless and meaningless, then why are we still discussing them?
Because a public figure said something stupid, that in my opinion is part of a greater effort by the democratic establishment to smear a candidate that would disrupt the corporate control of the democratic party. When I said meaningless, I was referring to the criticisms themselves, not their potential impact.

I mean, how can you defend the claim that nobody likes Sanders? He literally has the highest approval rating in the senate right now.