Hillary Clinton on North Dakota delegates: Should be discounted since ND traditionally votes Republican

Phokus

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999
http://www.kxmb.com/getArticle...s=rss&ArticleId=225497

:laugh: so much for Billary caring about having votes counted. What a snake and hypocrite, she should just come out and admit that she doesn't give a rat's ass about the American people period. This 'insult 40 states' strategy is going to be the downfall of the Democratic party. She should be kicked out of the Democratic party before she destroys it.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
eh. why not, obama's all gun-ho about discounting FL's votes because of their republican state senate.

Farang

Lifer
Jul 7, 2003
Wow.. so Democrats living in a state that traditionally votes Republican in the Presidential election are not allowed to be Democrats anymore. Brilliant strategy for the party? For the country? No, for your own self-interest.

I'm almost enjoying this because I know she isn't going to win, but it gets worse every day.

kylebisme

Diamond Member
Mar 25, 2000
From the article in the OP:
(Voice of Dan Hannaher, Obama Senior Advisor) You can't have another polorizing election like so many in the past, recent past have been. It starts with a candidate telling people living in smaller states that they're voices don't matter. The Democratic Party needs to be constanly building itself by welcoming everyone. We value everyones vote whether they're independent or Republican or our Democratic stall works.
Wow, it takes a rather illeterate reporter to mistake "stalwarts" for "stall works".

miketheidiot

Lifer
Sep 3, 2004
anyone have the text for the speech she gave at the north dakota convention after this? I left because i was hungry.

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
Well, if Obama can't win the states he claims to be bringing to the table in general election, that is a problem.

Foxery

Golden Member
Jan 24, 2008
Hey, being hated by half the country worked for Bush in '04... stick with that works! :p

Yeah, I want a leader who believes half of the citizens are worthless.

Pliablemoose

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
Oh snap, you really don't want that many Northern Europeans pissed off at you.

North Dakotans will NEVER forget that comment.

<----ND native.

Rainsford

Lifer
Apr 25, 2001
Originally posted by: senseamp
Well, if Obama can't win the states he claims to be bringing to the table in general election, that is a problem.

The primary says NOTHING about who will win the general election, unless the general election is held between Obama and Clinton. You keep repeating this nonsense so often that I'm beginning to wonder if you actually believe it or if you are just pretending for the sake of making a pro-Hillary argument.

And even if you were right, I can think of no worse long term strategy for the Democrats than ignoring entire states because they are "traditionally Republican". Even if a Democrat is never going to win ND, declaring that the red/blue battle lines have been drawn is pretty stupid when you consider Democrats lost the last 2 Presidential elections. We WANT "red states" to switch sides.

Honestly, guys like you are absolutely killing the Democratic party. It's not about which candidate you support, there are plenty of good Democrats who support both candidates. It's about your absolute refusal to focus on anything other than your candidate coming out on top, and while Sun Tzu might approve, your scorched earth style of trying to get what you want is hurting the party as a whole.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
And even if you were right, I can think of no worse long term strategy for the Democrats than ignoring entire states because they are "traditionally Republican". Even if a Democrat is never going to win ND, declaring that the red/blue battle lines have been drawn is pretty stupid when you consider Democrats lost the last 2 Presidential elections. We WANT "red states" to switch sides.

Honestly, guys like you are absolutely killing the Democratic party. It's not about which candidate you support, there are plenty of good Democrats who support both candidates. It's about your absolute refusal to focus on anything other than your candidate coming out on top, and while Sun Tzu might approve, your scorched earth style of trying to get what you want is hurting the party as a whole.

Wow *Claps*

Very
well said. A very eloquent elaboration of what I've been saying to my rabid Hillary friends lately whenever they circle up for the Obama bashing. 'Think of what you're gonna look like and how you're gonna feel if you help throw the election for the Dems...after eight years of Bush!' Bolded is particularly relevant I feel, as it's refusal to get that which produces the fuel for petty politics as usual.

Working towards an alternative to four more years of GOP executive control is far more important then any personal fondness one might have for a candidate.

This news concerning Hillary is just another indication to me that she has no place as the nominee, likewise for the presidency.