Hillary camp asking Obama for VP slot

RightIsWrong

Diamond Member
Apr 29, 2005
I guess she sees the writing on the wall even if she is telling her supporters different things. ;)

U.S. Senator Hillary Clinton's presidential campaign is in formal talks with Senator Barack Obama's campaign about becoming his vice presidential running mate, CNN reported, without citing anyone specific.

The two Democratic campaigns are talking about ways for Clinton, from New York, to drop her bid for president that may include joining the Illinois senator's ticket, CNN reported. Talks are in a ``very preliminary'' stage and are described as ``difficult,'' the network said.

dphantom

Diamond Member
Jan 14, 2005
FoxNews also had a blurb on that. And there is a followup story scheduled for the Chris Wallace show on Suinday morning to discuss HRC VEEP ambitions.

Whether it be true or just rumor, who really knows.

Robor

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Good or bad idea? I don't have the hatred of Hillary some have here - I don't like the way she campaigned but she didn't do anything past politicians have. I'm just not sure she would be the right choice.

Edit: To those who say Hillary as VP would turn them off Obama: Why (serious question - not trolling)

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Originally posted by: LegendKiller
I won't vote for him if he picks her.

Come on, that's ridiculous to help McCain get elected (even by not voting for Obama) over that. Obama/Hillary would be so much better than McCain it's crazy.

LegendKiller

Lifer
Mar 5, 2001
Originally posted by: Craig234

Come on, that's ridiculous to help McCain get elected (even by not voting for Obama) over that. Obama/Hillary would be so much better than McCain it's crazy.

I will do anything to make sure she stays out of office. I firmly believe that she will ruin this country faster than McCain ever would.

Obama should pick somebody like Jim Webb as his VP.

Corbett

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2005
Obama picking Hillary as a VP would go against everyhing he has based his campaign on.

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
Of course they are pushing hard for Hillary. Obama is smart enough to know this would be a "dream ticket" only for Rove, Fox News and McCain. Like LK said, it would be a bucket of ice water upon Obama's chances to win.

If Obama does choose Hillary as VP, I'd have to totally re-evaluate my opinion as to his critical thinking and judgmental abilities, which I view as his strongest points.

If Obama was stuck in a position that the only way he could secure the nomination would be with the baggage of Hillary as VP, it would be better for him to step aside and let Hillary blow the 2008 election on her own.

JJChicken

Diamond Member
Apr 9, 2007

This.

RichardE

Banned
Dec 31, 2005
This is the public feeler. If you don't want it to happen make sure to send him a letter or respond on one of the main news sites boards.

dphantom

Diamond Member
Jan 14, 2005

Why? I plan to vote Obama unless HRC is on as VEEP.

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002
He'd be stupid to put her on the ticket. A black man and a white woman is too much at once. Making Hillary Clinton the white woman is far worse.

jonks

Lifer
Feb 7, 2005

I will do anything to make sure she stays out of office. I firmly believe that she will ruin this country faster than McCain ever would.

This is insane hyperbole. She would be a competent president by any standard. As VP she has almost no real power anyway given that the senate will not be 50/50, so to throw out your vote for pres based on vp is silly.

That said, I don't see him picking her.

PingSpike

Lifer
Feb 25, 2004
If elected with Obama, Hillary as VP promises not to poison his coffee for up to two weeks after inauguration.

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
I'm voting for the ABO ticket, but this would be soooo funny to see happen. The convulsions from the kool-aid crowd over the merger would be pricely beyond belief.

jpeyton

Moderator in SFF, Notebooks, Pre-Built/Barebones
Aug 23, 2003
I read last night that he has already politely told her 'no way Jose'.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
this reeks of "Bill is bugging the Obama people about it and Hillary has no real interest in the VP slot herself."

I haven't really read any credible sources claiming that Hillary wants to be the VP.

Foxery

Golden Member
Jan 24, 2008
Would you invite a person into your house who has spent a year slandering you and deliberately sabotaging your job oppourtinities?

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
Originally posted by: Foxery
Would you invite a person into your house who has spent a year slandering you and deliberately sabotaging your job oppourtinities?

seems like a weird question, I don't think Hillary is going to invite Obama into her house any time soon ;)

Pliablemoose

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
BHO picking HRC is one of the few things that would ensure I wouldn't vote for him. NY can have her back

pstylesss

Platinum Member
Mar 21, 2007
Originally posted by: PingSpike
If elected with Obama, Hillary as VP promises not to poison his coffee for up to two weeks after inauguration.

Actually it will be just after the 2 year mark, that way she can serve as president for a max of 10 years. Anything before the 2 year marks counts as 1 term.