Highlander: Endgame (*Spoilers*)

Electric Amish

Elite Member
Oct 11, 1999
Haven't seen any discussion about this movie around here. Kinda surprised me.

I saw it last night. I thought it was a pretty damn good show, myself. Better than 2 & 3. Pretty damn close to being better than the original, IMO.

Great sword work. Good effects.

Anyone else seen it? Or is everybody scared from the last 2?? ;)

amish

Chef0083

Golden Member
Dec 9, 1999
I wouldn't say scared but it made me think about it. I went to see the last one on the first night and almost blew chunks it was so bad. I have head this one is pretty good sso I think i will check it.

I'm Typing

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
EDIT: SPOILER ALERT. Should have posted that first. Sorry.

It was ok. Thought it was cool to bring back some of the characters from the first movie...but the action scenes were too few for this genre. They could have extended that fight scene between Duncan and the Asian dude to about 15 minutes and it would not have been boring.

And I am sorry, but the ending was straight out of Phantom Menace--he does a flip over the bad guy and then cuts off his head???? Hello!!!!

Viper Frag

Nov 22, 1999
It was a good movie, it's sad though that Duncan had to kill his own brother, Connor. :frown:

Ulfwald

Moderator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
May 27, 2000
They were not brothers, they were cousins. And in order for duncan to become strong enough to fight, conner had to die. Also isn't it better that you give something that important to some you care for, and to someone who will use that kind of power wisely?

thebestMAX

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2000
Liked the Dude in the black leather jacket in the 1st one but is Christofer Lambert wierd or what?

TV series was better, especially in the girlfriends dept. The dark haired girl who is also the Major in the current or maybe defunct Gene Roddenbury tribute. Woof !

Daniel

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
The movie just didn't make any sense after the other ones, I mean it had some to do with the tv series and some to do with the movies, I haven't seen 2 or 3 in a long time cause I really didn't like them much but after the first one he is the final highlander right? Well unless I'm missing something huge which I think I am how are there are these old highlanders still around?

Santa

Golden Member
Oct 11, 1999
Some of how the story went and why there were still some old highlander, was that some were friends of each other and would not fight each other. The story more revolved around Conner though because it was Conner's life that was back to haunt him. It was a good way to get rid of the Conner McCloud charecter by killing him off since he was getting too old but the ending was soo weak I have no idea what they could possible do from there. I was hoping to see what this &quot;great all powerful knowledge&quot; that was supposed to be rewared to the victor of the contest but it just ended leaving you hanging. The movie was good other than that. I loved how they mixed in martial arts with the sword fighting.. I was hoping to see another fight sequence with the asian guy and the boss.. instead his head just popped off without a fight I was disappointed