High velocity vacuum cleaner

mechanikerman

May 24, 2016
Hi
A vacuum with a high velocity air flow is better than a blower, like the DataVac. Do you know any such vacuums?
Thanks

corkyg

Elite Member | Peripherals
Super Moderator
Mar 4, 2000
I have used a vacuum for over 20 years and never have had a problem. That is because I am aware of the static electricity hazard and use special static free tools. That can produce better results than blowing dust that just settles down again. Bottom line . . . never say never. :)

If you must blows, it is best to take it outside so the dust settles out of the office room.

For cleaning thick stuff, I like to use a Swiffer sheet and wipe out fan blades, etc.

mechanikerman

May 24, 2016
That is because I am aware of the static electricity hazard and use special static free tools.

Q: Can you tell me the special static free tools, please?
Thanks

corkyg

Super Moderator
Mar 4, 2000
That is because I am aware of the static electricity hazard and use special static free tools.

Q: Can you tell me the special static free tools, please?
Thanks

Just Google Static Free Vacuum Tools. Your cited DataVac is a good choice.

mechanikerman

May 24, 2016
A vacuum does not suck unless its pipe end is directly on the surface. The blower is the only option.

corkyg

Super Moderator
Mar 4, 2000
A vacuum does not suck unless its pipe end is directly on the surface. The blower is the only option.

Actually, that is not correct. If the nozzle/pipe is placed on the surface it will choke the vacuum cleaner and can even damage it. The best position is about 1/8 to 1/4 inches from the surface.

Nevertheless, happy blowing and enjoy the dust settling nearby.