High school teacher left beaten and bloodied by student after alleged racist remark

Status
Not open for further replies.

RickBean

Dec 4, 2014
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2938052/High-school-teacher-left-beaten-bloodied-student-alleged-racist-remark.html

The teacher at Forestville High in Maryland, who was not identified by officials but named as James Hemmen on social media, suffered minor injuries after being attacked by the teen. The school characterized the incident last Thursday as a ‘misinterpretation of a comment’ during class but some students and parents said the teacher made a racially-insensitive remark. The student is to be disciplined for the attack, according to NBC, with authorities adding that this was an isolated incident and there was no need to increase security at the school.
Misinterpretation of teacher's words and hot blooded student or vice versa?
How do you think?

Matt1970

Lifer
Mar 19, 2007
I think "left beaten and bloodied" is quite a stretch from "suffered minor injuries".

brandonb

Diamond Member
Oct 17, 2006
Why does this not shock me:

Student diversity

Black 92%
Hispanic 6%
Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 0%
American Indian/Alaska Native 0%
White 0%
Two or more races 0%
Hawaiian Native/Pacific Islander 0%

No wonder why white teachers leave schools like this.

rudder

Lifer
Nov 9, 2000
The old white teacher deserved every punch. I think at that school there is no administrative staff so if a student gets offended by something a teacher says they have every right to pummel that teacher to the ground. You have to respect frontier justice right?

halik

Lifer
Oct 10, 2000
Yea, because teachers never get attacked at majority white schools.

Actually I've never heard of that happening.

Apparently the teacher used the word "niggardly"; clearly anything offense is carte blanche for assaulting someone, even in the case where the offendee is a dumbfuck.

Last edited:

michal1980

Diamond Member
Mar 7, 2003
Actually I've never heard of that happening.

Apparently the teacher used the word "niggardly"; clearly anything offense is carte blanche for assaulting someone, even in the case where the offendee is a dumbfuck.

Kid should be charged with a hate crime. If a black teacher used 'niggardly' or even '******' I doubt the kid would attack that teacher. The teacher was attacked because he was white, and used a word an ignorant hate filled black kid didn't understand.

Bock

Mar 28, 2013
This is what Juvi is for.

Also, the kids probably thought the teacher was a racist asshole.{might just be an asshole but no white kids for him to be an asshole at} That was a tinder box waiting to light.

Mursilis

Diamond Member
Mar 11, 2001
Ah, Prince Georges County! That explains a lot. The Washington Post just ran a series of articles about how the rebound in home values has lagged in PGC vs. the rest of the inner-suburban counties around DC. Every other county has seen a significant rebound except PGC. It's quite the mystery!

1prophet

Diamond Member
Aug 17, 2005
joe-clark.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.