high all time minesweeper score

tigersty1e

Golden Member
Dec 13, 2004
I knew a guy at work that only played minesweeper and nothing else. All you could hear was the damn clicking.

He had something like 80 something seconds.

SpeedZealot369

Platinum Member
Feb 5, 2006
how can i take a screenshot?

yeah i play whenever im watching a movie or just messing around on my laptop.. its so freakin addictive

gorcorps

aka Brandon
Jul 18, 2004
Originally posted by: SpeedZealot369

yeah i play whenever im watching a movie or just messing around on my laptop.. its so freakin addictive

Hit printscreen on your keyboard and paste into a image program. It's been a built in part of windows for quite some time now... and it's disappointing to know you have no clue.

SpeedZealot369

Platinum Member
Feb 5, 2006
Originally posted by: gorcorps
Originally posted by: SpeedZealot369

Hit printscreen on your keyboard and paste into a image program. It's been a built in part of windows for quite some time now... and it's disappointing to know you have no clue.

Ummmmm sorry to disappoint you??

I did it but the file is freaking 5mb.. will take awhile to upload that with my wireless connection :( sry

KK

Lifer
Jan 2, 2001
Originally posted by: danEboy83
i've done 5 seconds on beginners but it was more luck then anything :D

i did like 3 seconds back in '96 or '97. was only like 3-5 clicks and it was done. my best now is only 7 on this pc. other bests on this pc is 47 for intermediate and 169 for expert

potato28

Diamond Member
Jun 27, 2005
I used to be able to do 98 seconds on expert, but that was when I had nothing else to do.

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
I hate MineSweeper :p I was always partial to Solitaire for the built in Windows games.

Phlargo

Jul 21, 2004
I have a good friend who had a screenshot of him doing it in 67 seconds. He was heartbroken when the file got lost in a hard drive crash.. he didn't care about his documents or anything else - just his damn minesweeper image.

KAZANI

Sep 10, 2006
Okay, the "Expert" layout has 99 mines. Let's see some of the time record claims made here:

SpeedZealot369: 86 sec=1,15 mines/sec

StrangerGuy: 72 sec=1,35 mines/sec

Phlargo's friend: 67 sec=1,47 mines/sec

How can anybody think out the mines at a rate of more than 1 mine/sec? Do you just mindleslly click around the screen and you get lucky with it?
In Windows 98 it is possible to freeze the timer by Alt-Ctrl-Del so that the time it takes to calculate the next mine's position will not show up on the final score. I haven't yet figured out a cheat in WinXP though.

So let me indignantly reiterate:
YOU CHEATERS!
:frown:

toughwimp11

May 8, 2005
I got 1 second on beginner. i just clicked one button and it solved itself. it happened more than once but i think they fixed it and it no longer does it

SpeedZealot369

Platinum Member
Feb 5, 2006
Originally posted by: KAZANI
Okay, the "Expert" layout has 99 mines. Let's see some of the time record claims made here:

SpeedZealot369: 86 sec=1,15 mines/sec

StrangerGuy: 72 sec=1,35 mines/sec

Phlargo's friend: 67 sec=1,47 mines/sec

How can anybody think out the mines at a rate of more than 1 mine/sec? Do you just mindleslly click around the screen and you get lucky with it?
In Windows 98 it is possible to freeze the timer by Alt-Ctrl-Del so that the time it takes to calculate the next mine's position will not show up on the final score. I haven't yet figured out a cheat in WinXP though.

So let me indignantly reiterate:
YOU CHEATERS!
:frown:

Frown on this

http://i54.photobucket.com/alb...alot369/Untitled-1.jpg

this was without a laptop touchpad :) i wonder what i can do with a proper mouse