HHH to Smackdown!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Lager

Diamond Member
May 19, 2003
Originally posted by: XZeroII
I haven't watched in a few weeks. Did the Rock come back? Is he going to SD? If so, I will start watching again. I used to watch just so I could catch him grilling Coach. That used to be hilarious. The rock can't really wrestle, but he is so funny. What's this lottery thing?

The Rock only returns for temporary status, usually for big events like WrestleMania or Summerslam to sell tickets, PPV, etc.

The Rock has a special cause in his contract by Vince McMahon that allows him to be on both shows (SD and RAW).

Yes, he grills the coach when he has the chance, but not as much since he isn't a full timer.

The lottery is random drawing of superstars of both SD and RAW to balance out the rosters. So many RAW stars will be head to SD and vice versa.

TheNinja

Lifer
Jan 22, 2003
Originally posted by: Lager
Originally posted by: XZeroII
I haven't watched in a few weeks. Did the Rock come back? Is he going to SD? If so, I will start watching again. I used to watch just so I could catch him grilling Coach. That used to be hilarious. The rock can't really wrestle, but he is so funny. What's this lottery thing?

The Rock only returns for temporary status, usually for big events like WrestleMania or Summerslam to sell tickets, PPV, etc.

The Rock has a special cause in his contract by Vince McMahon that allows him to be on both shows (SD and RAW).

Yes, he grills the coach when he has the chance, but not as much since he isn't a full timer.

The lottery is random drawing of superstars of both SD and RAW to balance out the rosters. So many RAW stars will be head to SD and vice versa.

I thought it was all one company owned by McMahon now? Doesn't WWE own both SD and RAW? Why couldn't everyone just wrestle on both? Are they too lazy to wrestle twice a week now?

MDE

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
I think they split them up to get more people on TV and to ease the logistics nightmare of coordinating moving the entire show within 3 days.