HFT trader, financial scammer, Hillary Donor, Nuclear Weapons expert

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
This is the board in question-

http://www.state.gov/t/avc/isab/

Clicking thru the index, the charter reveals-

Members serve under the pleasure of the Under Secretary and shall be appointed to the Board for a term of two years and the employment of special Government employees shall be renewed each year. The Under Secretary may reappoint Members for consecutive terms.

The ISAB shall reflect a balance of backgrounds, points of view, and demographic diversity and shall include a wide variety of scientific, military, diplomatic, and political backgrounds. All members shall hold a Top Secret security clearance.

It's loaded up with high sounding security bureaucrats & wonks of all stripes who've mostly gone through the revolving door of govt into more lucrative positions in private industry. There are some interesting exceptions to the rule -

Hon. Douglas Bereuter, former Republican Congressman from Nebraska
Mr. Joseph Cirincione, President of Ploughshares Fund
Mr. Robert N. Rose, President of Robert Rose Consulting, LLC and former Senior Advisor to the Chairman of Bridgewater Associates, one of the largest hedge funds in the world
Amb. Robert Gallucci, Distinguished Professor in the Practice of Diplomacy, Georgetown University, former President of the John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation and former Dean of the Edmund A. Walsh School of Foreign Service at Georgetown University

It's not just about nuclear weapons but other stuff as seen under previous studies.

It's a good place to put a friend & initiate them to the big game. His HFT trading knowledge might be valuable & there's no way he can really fuck it up. The board has 30 members.

I mean, it's not like putting Clarence Thomas on the SCOTUS or stacking the civil service side of the DoJ with graduates from a low rank Fundie Law School, is it? Not like the poor guy GWB put in charge of FEMA or making John Bolton UN Ambassador so he could tell the ROTW to eat shit & die, either.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
doesn't matter, Clinton voters do not read these articles.

I read it. Seems completely overblown in light of what I posted above, not to mention that his name was withdrawn 2 days after the appointment was proposed.

DigDog

Lifer
Jun 3, 2011
It's not just this, but practically every mention of Clinton in investigative journalism brings out some blasphemous deal she made in order to get elected (or just in order to profit personally - the Clintons are not above this kind of stuff).

with a bit of luck she won't be able to run and Sanders will take the seat; as a foreigner, i'm far more scared of Clinton getting elected than Trump. Y'all say stuff like "the nuclear codes", but at worst Trump will get rich off the rest of America; Clinton wants to get rich off the rest of the world.

You should do the proper thing and rename it the Halliburton Goldman-Sachs Presidential Campaign.

Last edited:

LegendKiller

Lifer
Mar 5, 2001
This is the board in question-

http://www.state.gov/t/avc/isab/

Clicking thru the index, the charter reveals-

It's loaded up with high sounding security bureaucrats & wonks of all stripes who've mostly gone through the revolving door of govt into more lucrative positions in private industry. There are some interesting exceptions to the rule -

Hon. Douglas Bereuter, former Republican Congressman from Nebraska
Mr. Joseph Cirincione, President of Ploughshares Fund
Mr. Robert N. Rose, President of Robert Rose Consulting, LLC and former Senior Advisor to the Chairman of Bridgewater Associates, one of the largest hedge funds in the world
Amb. Robert Gallucci, Distinguished Professor in the Practice of Diplomacy, Georgetown University, former President of the John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation and former Dean of the Edmund A. Walsh School of Foreign Service at Georgetown University

It's not just about nuclear weapons but other stuff as seen under previous studies.

It's a good place to put a friend & initiate them to the big game. His HFT trading knowledge might be valuable & there's no way he can really fuck it up. The board has 30 members.

I mean, it's not like putting Clarence Thomas on the SCOTUS or stacking the civil service side of the DoJ with graduates from a low rank Fundie Law School, is it? Not like the poor guy GWB put in charge of FEMA or making John Bolton UN Ambassador so he could tell the ROTW to eat shit & die, either.
Hey, pro hillary wall st bankers are cool. If they are hft fuckwads who make their entire living skimming every investor? Even better!

it's obvious even the other board members were like "wtf this jackass doing here".

But hey, you apologize for everything she does, even going as far as sticking up for wall street hft fuckwads.

LegendKiller

Lifer
Mar 5, 2001
I read it. Seems completely overblown in light of what I posted above, not to mention that his name was withdrawn 2 days after the appointment was proposed.
Pantsuit got caught with her hand in the cookie jar and they acted quickly to "protect the secretary and undersecretary".

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Hey, pro hillary wall st bankers are cool. If they are hft fuckwads who make their entire living skimming every investor? Even better!

it's obvious even the other board members were like "wtf this jackass doing here".

But hey, you apologize for everything she does, even going as far as sticking up for wall street hft fuckwads.

I don't like the fact that the system allows HFT to exist. It's parasitic although perfectly legal. Maybe the State Dept could approach it as an issue of national security. Having some expertise in the ISAB might be helpful.

OTOH, it's not like the guy told told the chumps how to fraudulently extend the limits on their credit cards so that he could get the money, either.

Knowing

Golden Member
Mar 18, 2014
That was after people started looking in to his lack of credentials, ABC iirc. Then they stalled to protect "S.". Which of course there was no reason to do because this was all on the up and up giving a HFT who donated access to top secret information is what anyone in her position would do.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
That was after people started looking in to his lack of credentials, ABC iirc. Then they stalled to protect "S.". Which of course there was no reason to do because this was all on the up and up giving a HFT who donated access to top secret information is what anyone in her position would do.

He obviously passed security clearance. You might want to consider the qualifications of some other board members listed above.

I strongly urge you to peruse the ISAB site & to read some of their reports-

http://www.state.gov/t/avc/isab/c27636.htm

Knowing

Golden Member
Mar 18, 2014
He might have submitted the form, but I seriously doubt he was cleared or read in in two days without anyone knowing who he was.

Knowing

Golden Member
Mar 18, 2014
Addendum, I'm not saying that state screwed this up like basically everything else they touched during Clinton's tenure. If he actually did any work he probably had an interim. That doesn't mean it was a good decision or that he was qualified.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Addendum, I'm not saying that state screwed this up like basically everything else they touched during Clinton's tenure. If he actually did any work he probably had an interim. That doesn't mean it was a good decision or that he was qualified.

Doesn't mean any of it really matters a lot, either.

Blackjack200

Lifer
May 28, 2007
I don't like the fact that the system allows HFT to exist. It's parasitic although perfectly legal. Maybe the State Dept could approach it as an issue of national security. Having some expertise in the ISAB might be helpful.

OTOH, it's not like the guy told told the chumps how to fraudulently extend the limits on their credit cards so that he could get the money, either.

The exchanges allow HFT to exist.

Paratus

Lifer
Jun 4, 2004
The exchanges allow HFT to exist.

On an aside:
I was considering putting a patent in for a neutrino communication system for high frequency trading. Since neutrinos pass right through normal matter you could cut down the path length from your server to the exchange. Normal signals would follow the curvature of the Earth while a neutrino goes in a straight line shaving valuable microseconds for a HFT.

Of course neutrino detectors generally require huge volumes to even be able to detect a few neutrinos a year but I figure someone with more money than brains would have bought it up.

Alas some scientists have proposed a science experiment just like that so it's now prior art. :(

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
I guess you're right if you didn't want Donald Trump around nuclear policy we probably shouldn't want this guy. :thumbsup:

Unfortunately for conservatives, while this "scandal" is unseemly there doesn't appear to be anything illegal about it.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2016/06/10/how_clinton_donor_rajiv_fernando_got_a_job_as_a_nuclear_expert_he_wasn_t.html

You guys have already imagined her killing folks, aiding Americas enemy's and of course Bengahzi! Why should this make any impact?

While I could be wrong it's probably going to end with this:
1485598659284007341.GIF

The above is of course my personal opinion.
lol Vote Hillary, because all those highly, um, "unseemly" things probably aren't actually illegal anyway. Plus you'll all get to buy the jobs of your dreams without all those "unseemly" and time consuming knowledgy parts.

Hillary - she's ready to believe what you're ready to pay her to believe.

Last edited:

Paratus

Lifer
Jun 4, 2004
lol Vote Hillary, because all those highly, um, "unseemly" things probably aren't actually illegal anyway. Plus you'll all get to buy the jobs of your dreams without all those "unseemly" and time consuming knowledgy parts.

Hillary - she's ready to believe what you're ready to pay her to believe.

Sorry bud. A possible pay for play on a 30 person advisory board where she has broad leeway to select candidates doesn't somehow make Trump a viable candidate for me.

While it's normally a choice between a turd sandwich and a giant douche, thanks to the GOP this year the turd sandwich is doing his best Hitler impression. Hillary would have had to actually do the illegal things the right pretends she did before I wouldn't vote for her.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
Sorry bud. A possible pay for play on a 30 person advisory board where she has broad leeway to select candidates doesn't somehow make Trump a viable candidate for me.

While it's normally a choice between a turd sandwich and a giant douche, thanks to the GOP this year the turd sandwich is doing his best Hitler impression. Hillary would have had to actually do the illegal things the right pretends she did before I wouldn't vote for her.
Be honest, dude. There is absolutely nothing Hillary could do that would keep you from voting for her.

Paratus

Lifer
Jun 4, 2004
Be honest, dude. There is absolutely nothing Hillary could do that would keep you from voting for her.

Absolutely nothing? No there's things she could hypothetically do or have done that would keep me from voting for her.

Realistically, with Trump as her opponent, there's probably nothing to keep me from voting for her. But hey don't worry, I'm in Texas my vote won't matter either way.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
Absolutely nothing? No there's things she could hypothetically do or have done that would keep me from voting for her.

Realistically, with Trump as her opponent, there's probably nothing to keep me from voting for her. But hey don't worry, I'm in Texas my vote won't matter either way.
Same here in Tennessee. Although since I refuse to vote for either of these people, my vote wouldn't matter anywhere. :D