Hezbollah: 2 Israeli soldiers captured

Page 11 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

dahunan

Lifer
Jan 10, 2002
Originally posted by: Jaskalas
Originally posted by: dahunan
Not trying to start a fight here.. but didn't they blowup like 5 or 6 bridges and hit the airport too :D .. expect some retaliation if they have the ability

And call them innocents while you're at it too.

Hmm...

OutHouse

Lifer
Jun 5, 2000
Isreal knows how to deal with these savages. The whole IDF is mobilized and reserves are called up because 2 soldiers are taken hostage. force is the only language these savages understand.

we have 2 soldiers kidnapped and mutilated in iraq not to mention the 2,000+ who have died and we still play the political war, we worry way too much about bad press. The only way we can win in Iraq is to show and keep overwhelming force like the IDF is doing.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Originally posted by: Citrix
Isreal knows how to deal with these savages. The whole IDF is mobilized and reserves are called up because 2 soldiers are taken hostage. force is the only language these savages understand.

we have 2 soldiers kidnapped and mutilated in iraq not to mention the 2,000+ who have died and we still play the political war, we worry way too much about bad press. The only way we can win in Iraq is to show and keep overwhelming force like the IDF is doing.

Whole heartedly agreed. An enemy who does not surrender must be made to do so.

fallenangel99

Golden Member
Aug 8, 2001
Surprised the Lebanese military isn't doing anything.. I mean their airport is getting knocked out and bombs are being dropped by a foreign country.

Specop 007

Diamond Member
Jan 31, 2005
Originally posted by: MegaWorks
Originally posted by: Specop 007
Originally posted by: Aisengard
Yup yup, Arab missiles hit not only an Israeli town, but an Arab one as well!

I'm waiting for the condemnations from the anti-Israel crowd, considering that when Israel even STEPS into an Arab town or territory they get comdemned for their brutality.

I'm not holding my breath.

I wouldnt either. This world climate we live in of "Arabs can do no wrong" really rubs me the wrong way.
Its always Israels fault, or Americas fault. Anything done by those 2 countries is brutal, atrocious, an outrage. Anything done by any Arab country or by persons or Arab descent? Not a word about it.

GET SOME ISRAEL. They can bulldoze the whole damned region into the sea far as I'm concerned.

Well this administration is a great ally to those brutal Arab regimes. Hell even Israel as a great relationship with the Qatar regime. Qatar as an amazing relationship with Saddam baathist and it?s giving them save heaven on its ground as we speak. Qatar also support the so called ?Iraqi resistance? against the American occupation.

Energy makes strange bedfellows.

SarcasticDwarf

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2001
Originally posted by: fallenangel99
Surprised the Lebanese military isn't doing anything.. I mean their airport is getting knocked out and bombs are being dropped by a foreign country.

From some of the BBC news reports (which are all of a sudden showing a significant anti-Israeli bias), it would seem that southern Lebanon isn't really controlled by anyone other than the Hezbollah.

eleison

Golden Member
Mar 29, 2006

They are waiting for Hezbollah to be destroyed by Israel. I don't think Israel has a beef with Lebanon.. its just Hezbollah and their stupid missiles and terrorist acts.. Once Israel has accomplished its mission, it will leave on its own...

ThePresence

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
BREAKING NEWS: Unconfirmed report from Israel Channel 10 that Nasralla may have been killed in an Israeli strike. My brother in Israel just called me, he saw this on TV. It's from an Arab source in Lebanon, but it's completely unconfirmed.

CPA

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
Originally posted by: dahunan

Look how easy it was to get Israel to show how good they are at terrorizing 1000's of people .. with tanks, jets, rifles, bulldozers, etc etc. rinse and repeat .. over and over again..

I sincerely wonder how many people Israel has killed since this one soldier was taken? How many millions of dollars worth of damages to an already fragile society.

You have got to be kidding me.

Doboji

Diamond Member
May 18, 2001
Originally posted by: ThePresence
BREAKING NEWS: Unconfirmed report from Israel Channel 10 that Nasralla may have been killed in an Israeli strike. My brother in Israel just called me, he saw this on TV. It's from an Arab source in Lebanon, but it's completely unconfirmed.

too good to even hope to be true...

CPA

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
Originally posted by: amish
israel bombed the beirut airport. now the people that wanted to leave can't get out.

nice fvcking job. hezbollah =/= the lebanese government. many lebanese cannot stand hezbollah and their bullsh!t. why make everyone pay for a cancer they can't get rid of.

Trapped between the two sides was Lebanon, which Israel said it held responsible for Hezbollah's actions. The Lebanese government insisted it had no prior knowledge of the Hezbollah raid and did not condone it.

Then Lebanon has a duty to take care of the Hezbollah. Their inactive stance can easily be taken as approval of Hezbollah's actions.

CPA

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
Originally posted by: kermalou
something else interesting, trying to look at the other side in all this i head on over to arabnews and there is only one article about all this, it seems as though the arabs dont care about the palestinians, which is nothing new.

That is a very good point. Mostly it's the American and European media that cares about Palestinians. It surely wasn't the Egyptians when they dumped them there decades ago.

Meuge

Banned
Nov 27, 2005
Originally posted by: SarcasticDwarf

From some of the BBC news reports (which are all of a sudden showing a significant anti-Israeli bias), it would seem that southern Lebanon isn't really controlled by anyone other than the Hezbollah.
That's NEWS to you?

BBC has had a strong anti-Israel bias since forever and a day. It's a weird day when they don't refer to Israel as an unprovoked aggressor.

SarcasticDwarf

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2001
Originally posted by: Meuge
Originally posted by: SarcasticDwarf

That's NEWS to you?

BBC has had a strong anti-Israel bias since forever and a day. It's a weird day when they don't refer to Israel as an unprovoked aggressor.

They have not always been so blatantly obvious though. What really showed it was a timeline of Israel-Lebanon relations they have up today. The entire timeline is one-sided showing nothing about the cause of the actions or the positive results.

Mardeth

Platinum Member
Jul 24, 2002
Im on the Lebanon side. Not because who they are or who Israel is but because usually cheer for the underdog, for David. Go Lebanon!

imported_Aelius

Golden Member
Apr 25, 2004
I think it's intresting that other Middle Eastern nations have largely let the two sides go at each other without getting involved.

I wonder what their motivations are for staying out. Any ideas?

DidlySquat

Banned
Jun 30, 2005
Newsflash (Israeil radio) : Beirut - Damascus highway has just been bombed a few minutes ago. Now even the tourists wanting to get out can't...... maybe Hizbullah will finally face the reality that its actions are counter productive to Lebanon and its people (their Iranian backers may not care, but they are sure to face pressures from within Lebanon for this).

avi85

Apr 24, 2006
This just out: Saudi Arabia blames Hizbullah in Lebanon crisis

Saudi Arabia on Thursday blamed "Elements" Inside Lebanon for the violence with Israel, in unusually frank language directed at guerrilla group Hizbullah and its Iranian backers.

"A distinction must be made between legitimate resistance and uncalculated adventures undertaken by elements inside (Lebanon) and those behind them without recourse to the legal authorities and consulting and coordinating with Arab nations," A statement published on the official news agency SPA said. (Reuters)

Link

BrownTown

Diamond Member
Dec 1, 2005
Originally posted by: Aelius
I think it's intresting that other Middle Eastern nations have largely let the two sides go at each other without getting involved.

I wonder what their motivations are for staying out. Any ideas?

Well first off, there really aren't 2 sides, the number of Hezbollah member who die will be very smal, mostly whats happening is Isreal is destroying Lebanon's infrastrucutre while the Hezbollah members are either hiding, or taking some pot shots at Isreali cities with their rockets. The reason nobody else is doing anything is becasue nobody else gives enough of a cr@p about Lebanon to get their own armies whiped out becasue of it. The countires areound there cannot defeat Isreal and they know it, and they certainlly arent gonna try jsut because Isreal is bombing some stuff (which seems to happen every few years). Also, Isreal knows to not attack the bigger countires that can actually defend themselves to some degree, so they stay in Lebannon, and the ARab countires stay where they are and everyone is happy and safe (except Lebannon :p).

JS80

Lifer
Oct 24, 2005
Originally posted by: Doboji
Originally posted by: ThePresence

too good to even hope to be true...

shens, it's not even on drudge

dahunan

Lifer
Jan 10, 2002
Originally posted by: avi85
This just out: Saudi Arabia blames Hizbullah in Lebanon crisis

Saudi Arabia on Thursday blamed "Elements" Inside Lebanon for the violence with Israel, in unusually frank language directed at guerrilla group Hizbullah and its Iranian backers.

"A distinction must be made between legitimate resistance and uncalculated adventures undertaken by elements inside (Lebanon) and those behind them without recourse to the legal authorities and consulting and coordinating with Arab nations," A statement published on the official news agency SPA said. (Reuters)

Link

THAT is some of the BEST NEWS ever heard in the whole fight for World Peace