Hezbollah: 2 Israeli soldiers captured

Page 15 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Excelsior

Lifer
May 30, 2002
Originally posted by: bamacre
To those hoping for an all-out war, shame on you. These two have been at war since we can all remember. What has it proven, what has it solved?

I just cannot see how one could find innocence anywhere in the region. This is a conflict of peoples who have for years chosen to live a life of fear, hatred, and vengeance. Unfortunately, it's just a glimmering reflection of the rest of the world.

This conflict is small in size when you compare it to the attrocities during WW2, or the genocides in Africa, yet this conflict has been such a thorn in the side of the entire world. It is a plague for all of us. A never-ending fight, for all to see. We all get so disgusted by the images of death, we have have taken a side, and we wish for the other to be destroyed. And in doing so, we are destroying ourselves. For neither side is innocent. Two peoples who left the God they claim to follow. They have traded Love for Fear, mercy for vengeance, compassion for hatred. It's as if they are not on separate sides at all. One in the same. One body, one mind, one soul, destroying itself.

You said it yourself... "is small in size when you compare what happened in WW2, and what is happening in Africa today".

it just so happens that this conflict is covered in news far more, than whatever happens in Africa.

MegaWorks

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2004
Originally posted by: Excelsior
To those hoping for an all-out war, shame on you. These two have been at war since we can all remember. What has it proven, what has it solved?

I just cannot see how one could find innocence anywhere in the region. This is a conflict of peoples who have for years chosen to live a life of fear, hatred, and vengeance. Unfortunately, it's just a glimmering reflection of the rest of the world.

This conflict is small in size when you compare it to the attrocities during WW2, or the genocides in Africa, yet this conflict has been such a thorn in the side of the entire world. It is a plague for all of us. A never-ending fight, for all to see. We all get so disgusted by the images of death, we have have taken a side, and we wish for the other to be destroyed. And in doing so, we are destroying ourselves. For neither side is innocent. Two peoples who left the God they claim to follow. They have traded Love for Fear, mercy for vengeance, compassion for hatred. It's as if they are not on separate sides at all. One in the same. One body, one mind, one soul, destroying itself.

You said it yourself... "is small in size when you compare what happened in WW2, and what is happening in Africa today".

it just so happens that this conflict is covered in news far more, than whatever happens in Africa.

AIPAC

mrSHEiK124

Lifer
Mar 6, 2004
Originally posted by: MegaWorks
Originally posted by: Excelsior

AIPAC

fitzov

Platinum Member
Jan 3, 2004
Originally posted by: fallensight
Anyone who supports the gov's/factions at war pick thier side. Like I said, both sides are practiceing total war. The muslims just like calling the kettle black

The kettle is black.

dahunan

Lifer
Jan 10, 2002
Originally posted by: PandaBear
This conflict has been going no where, both sides are being fvcking stupid.

That has something to do with the fact that killing because of religious beliefs or holding onto property because of its religious significance can only bring you more harm.. If there is a God.. he does NOT APPROVE of either side

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
The latest mantra of the Palestinian PR is "Why are Palestinian lives not as valuable as Israeli?"...

If they valued their own lives, they would surrender and stop trying to kill Israel. They cannot complain about war when they make it.

railer

Golden Member
Apr 15, 2000
Palestinian? Innocent? Surely you jest!
Maybe if their ELECTED government didnt openly call for attacks against Israel I might be inclined to think some of them are innocent.

Isn't this the same logic that Bin Ladin uses to attack US civilians.

Yep, your dumb.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Originally posted by: railer
Palestinian? Innocent? Surely you jest!
Maybe if their ELECTED government didnt openly call for attacks against Israel I might be inclined to think some of them are innocent.

Isn't this the same logic that Bin Ladin uses to attack US civilians.

Yep, your dumb.

Because we all know about those horrific US civilians using themselves as suicide bombers and waging their own war against Afghanistan. That about sum up what would be required to be true for that BS quoted above?

beyoku

Golden Member
Aug 20, 2003
Originally posted by: PandaBear
This conflict has been going no where, both sides are being fvcking stupid.

True indeed. I have a sister in-law and a cousin that worked at the Airport in Lebanon that were are all wating to hear from. This is bullshyt. :|

fallenangel99

Golden Member
Aug 8, 2001
Crazy, Hezbollah can now send drones packed with explosives. THis is beginning to sound like they have been planning this for a long long time. I wonder who is funding them (sarcasm)

phillyTIM

Golden Member
Jan 12, 2001
let's see bush's regime get involved in this now - let's see just how powerful bush really is, or how much of a mess he can make out of this situation.

hopefully he'll take a look at his track record, and keep his big ears & nose out of this israel crisis.

piasabird

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Hezbolah members sit in Parliment in Lebanon. This is a war, and Lebanon is harboring an army of terrorists. They were just looking for a reason to attack some soldiers from Isreal.

Remember the Rambo movie?

They drew first Blood!!!

DidlySquat

Banned
Jun 30, 2005
Hey UI have a good joke for the "help us wew are being killed" lebanese : Do you still want to Shebaa farms ? why of course, that's the justification for hezbollah's military power, which as we all know "is NOT a militia" but a part of the lebanese state right ? So yes keep fighting maybe one day you'll get the shabba farms back.......good luck and hope it was worth it.

Retards, was it worth getting your country destroyed over the shabba farms ?

Acanthus

Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
ostif.org
The HMS Illustrious is being deployed to the area...

You can bet your ass there will be a USS in there soon...

This is going to get uglier and uglier.

YoYoBabyYo

Jul 1, 2003
Is there a site or a book where I can read about the history, because I have not a clue what is going on and how this all started.

Stoneburner

Diamond Member
May 29, 2003
reminds me of a book i've read..... Called Dawn I think, by Elie Weisel. IT's a short read, some of you could benefit from it.

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
Originally posted by: YoYoBabyYo
Is there a site or a book where I can read about the history, because I have not a clue what is going on and how this all started.

The Exodus is a decent read.

go to the local library and ask for assistance.

Make sure that you read 3-4 non-fiction items as well. This may allow you to understand history without getting to much bias from the writer/publisher.

Stay away from the poli-sci type books - many are written to support theories/ideas.

esskay33

Feb 9, 2005
Originally posted by: YoYoBabyYo

I've linked my blog above, which is far from impartial - but gives background info mostly in short tidbits.