You are wrong.
Dice made AND patched BF2.
EA had nothing to do with it.
KTHX.

The topic is pointless, and going nowhere fast-DP

JAG87

Diamond Member
Jan 3, 2006
I dont think EA sucks for making BF2... I think it sucks that BF2 was made by EA. Its a completely different thing.

Such a great game deserved a better publisher (yes PUBLISHER not developer). Dice could have turned to valve to publish BF2 through steam, but when BF2 came out steam was quite immature, so I can understand why they did not go that route. But today, looking back at all the patching the game needs, its a shame they didn't

LittleNemoNES

Diamond Member
Oct 7, 2005
BF2, by the number of hours I've played and can forsee myself playing is by default my favorite game of all time. (I would have said FF6 or Mega Man 2).

600+ hours and still going strong (including SF)

There are a lot of bugs and other issues but they're not game breaking...except the amount of AA on Ghost Town... :p

JBT

Lifer
Nov 28, 2001
Originally posted by: JAG87
I dont think EA sucks for making BF2... I think it sucks that BF2 was made by EA. Its a completely different thing.

Such a great game deserved a better publisher (yes PUBLISHER not developer). Dice could have turned to valve to publish BF2 through steam, but when BF2 came out steam was quite immature, so I can understand why they did not go that route. But today, looking back at all the patching the game needs, its a shame they didn't

so true.

Lonyo

Lifer
Aug 10, 2002

Who do you think pays for games to be made?

potato28

Diamond Member
Jun 27, 2005
There's only one bad thing about BF2 right now, it's that there's no native WS support. That's the only reason I don't play BF2 anymore.

JAG87

Diamond Member
Jan 3, 2006
Originally posted by: Lonyo

Where are you getting at? Valve had more then enough money to support a project like BF2. But Valve was a developing company, only recently they have become a publishing company thanks to their great delivery system that is Steam.

Originally posted by: potato28
There's only one bad thing about BF2 right now, it's that there's no native WS support. That's the only reason I don't play BF2 anymore.

QFT

BF2 needs WS. It can be done so easily if the devs clean up the drool of their shirts and sit back up on their chairs.

Lonyo

Lifer
Aug 10, 2002
Originally posted by: Lonyo

Where are you getting at? Valve had more then enough money to support a project like BF2. But Valve was a developing company, only recently they have become a publishing company thanks to their great delivery system that is Steam.

Originally posted by: potato28

QFT

BF2 needs WS. It can be done so easily if the devs clean up the drool of their shirts and sit back up on their chairs.

Valve isn't a full publishing company, there are an online only publishing company.
They get their own games published in the shops by... EA!
Also, Valve may publish games on Steam, but unless they buy the dev team (like with DoD:S/CS:S) they don't, as far as I know, fund the development of any of the games which get released on Steam, so while they may do online publishing, they don't do funding or retail distribution for boxed version of games, which kind of puts them out of the league of EA.
EA funded and did full publishing of BF2, something which it's hugely unlikely Valve could, or will be able, to do either now or in the near future.